1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sam Malone on MIX

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by akperez, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Yes. As a matter of fact he is.

2. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

That took 15 posts? I'm SO disappointed...

3. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

She seems like she'd be really nice.

I don't know why, but I have always found her attractive.

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The reason why i started to listened and liked 96.5 in the mornings was because 1. had to get away from Same Malone
    2. Roula and Ryan were more listenable than 104
    3. had to get away from Same Malone

This really bites....really does..

5. Fatty FatBastard

Morning radio sucks. Period. Now if only that fatty Roula would...

6. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

it's weird, a lot of times i wish radio would just play music in the morning, but every once in a while if i didn't get much sleep the night before and i have an early class, i like just turning it on to the talking of a morning show at low volume. it's like my ears and head can't handle the input of an actual song and i just need some background noise besides the traffic. and sometimes it can be entertaining, but not most of the time.

7. SlizardOO

SlizardOO Member

Damn, out of all the morning talk shows I liked Roula and Ryan the best. Sam Malone just screwed up everything, and now Atom Smasher is doing the morning show when everyone knows his gig was at night. He was insanely funny at night too. :(

8. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

Why did malone leave KRBE? Isn't that a more listened radio station than MIX?

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

1. clear channel has lots of money

2. clear channel also offered him the opportunity to do AM radio, as well.

3. Mix has a bit more of a "grown up" feel to it than KRBE. and Malone isn't getting any younger.

10. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Same here.

I just found out about this Monday...on my way to the Astros-Cards game in the morning. That was an omen right there. Anyways, thanks for ruining my morning commute Clear Channel.

11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

didn't malone always complain about clear channel?

12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

One thing I hated was how that 104 show played a different song for "football news" all the time... like when it was Tuesday, to report on a Monday Night Football game, they played FOX's football theme, and vice versa... :mad: anyone else noticed that?

I am just waiting on someone to call in during the show in the morning, and ask: "Hey, Sam... have you ever thought about how long it will be before the producers or the managament come in and tell you 'today is your last show' like they did Roula and Ryan???" That would be classic.

13. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

How about just telling him he is annoying and he sucks? :p

14. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

I'm suprised at the amount of animosity towards Walton and Johnson on this board. I don't think I've ever heard a positive comment about them. I thought there would be a few more ten percenters around here. :(

15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Yeap. I like that idea better.
    I heard Roula once say they have a 5-second delay... I wonder if I could keep him on the phone long enough to say "You know what, Sam, yoooouuuuu sssssuuuuuuccccckkkk aaaannnndddd aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrreeeeeeeeee aannnnnnoooooooyyyyyiiiinnnnngggggg, muuuuuuutttthhhhaaaaaa huuuuuubbbbbbeeeerrrrrrr" in more time than 5-seconds...

16. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

They pissed me off during the election but I still listen to them to this very day.

17. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

18. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

This truly sucks... I gave all three of my favorite stations a chance today...and 104 sucks worse than when Sam Malone was there. The Buzz, I can only take in small doses now and Ive never listened to that morning show so I couldn't get into them. And Sam Malone on the Mix, damn it's just boring, they talk about absolute crap. Not to mention I just find him annoying as a DJ. And for whatever reason, I can't just pop in a cd in the morning... I need some sort of radio fix. Bring Roula and Ryan back dammit!!