1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sam Houston State Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ima_drummer2k, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Ok, so....if you could only have one win, which one would it be? SHSU, or the Texans??

As a diehard Aggie, this question would be incredibly difficult for me, but I think I would have to go with the Texans. Houston deserves a winner.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

SHSU, if for no other reason than because the Texans will get pummeled by whomever they play in the next game.

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Honestly? SHSU.

If the Texans win, it doesn't automatically turn Houston into a winner. They're just gonna get ROLLED in New England the next week.

If SHSU wins, they win a freakin' NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. Yes, it's FCS but it's still a NC. Very few people can say their alma mater (as opposed to their favorite college team) won a NC. It's something no one can ever take from you.

Now, if you're asking whether I'd rather have an FCS NC for Sam Houston or a Superbowl win for the Texans....of course I'd go with the Texans. Just because FCS isn't as high-profile as FBS or the NFL.

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

This.

Also, I promise to make no posts about mercy rules or anything of the like during the game.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Win this one and you'll only be one behind Texas State! :)

6. leroy

Who??

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

TUFKASWT

8. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I would want SHSU to win. I have Texans season tickets, but went to Frisco last year. This year I'm going to the Texans game though (can't afford to make the trip). Hopefully we get two wins, but I'd really like a SHSU win.

I hope no one ruins it for me before I can watch the end of the game. I'm sure we'll be at reliant before the SHSU game ends.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10-10 game at the half. ND State missed a FG to end the half.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Good game so far. Good atmosphere too, although it sucks that there are quite a few more NDSU fans here than SHSU fans. I am definitely a fan of this stadium. Much better than the Dynamo's.

Anyway, hope they keep this up in the second half. They've outplayed NDSU so far.

11. leroy

What was with the NDSU coach ripping his kicker after missing that? Not exactly good for his confidence going forward.

Bell has to do better. I know his knee is jacked but the pick and the one that wasn't were terrible throws and terrible decisions. I'm not crazy about the wild Bearkat sets. NDSU is very good against the run and telegraphing what you're doing isn't working.

Still...we're in it and have a great chance at winning.

EAT EM UP KATS

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Holding penalty takes TD off the board. DAMN! And now intercepted. Wow.

13. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Holding penalties are really killing SHSU. That's the second one that has gotten a big play called back.

14. leroy

That was a bulls*** call on the hold. Had no effect on the play. How is it every Sam big play has a penalty?

You want to know what soccer does better than football? Advantage. If there's a foul but it has no bearing on the play, you let it go.

15. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

I hate refs!

16. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

NDSU is going back to back! Go Bison!

17. jdh008

jdh008 Member

That two point conversion play is how you know it's not your day.

18. leroy

That was ball game, folks. When crap like that works, you have no chance to do anything but sit back and say what the f***.

19. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

F*** you refs.

20. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Can't put it on the refs.