1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sam Houston State Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ima_drummer2k, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Celebrate my Houston football fans

raining threes and J.R. like this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Damn that was stressful. :D

ATE ‘EM UP! KONGRATS KATS!

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Good game with the correct ending.

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I’d say

5. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Congrats to Sam Houston!!!! I will take it as long it mention Houston.

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Congrats to the BearKats and especially Eric Schmidt and Jaquez Ezzard. The Jackrabbits also played with heart and Isaiah Davis dominated the game.

Red.Glare and raining threes like this.
  7. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Well after sitting in Frisco a few years back watching the Bison dominate the BearKats I'm glad to see them final get over the top. My wife isn't much of a football fan but she is tonight after spending 6 years there to get her Masters.

It was a fun game to watch. I watched the Woodlands kid play in High school he really is a gamer. Fun to watch. Congrats to all you SHSU fans.

Eat'em up.

leroy and Red.Glare like this.
  8. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

SHSC won the NAIA Football National Championship in 1964...so pretty much yeah, its their first real championship. I grew up going to Bearcat games at Pritchett Field and never knew they had ever won a Championship until it was mentioned during the game today.

#848 Red.Glare, May 16, 2021
    Last edited: May 17, 2021
    Buck Turgidson likes this.
  9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Just awesome to have this happen! Still feels a little strange considering the circumstances of this season. But to have done it by beating NDSU and JMU makes it just so much sweeter than I could've imagined. I was in the middle of my men's league soccer game last night, watching on my phone on the sideline. Our goalie and 2 other players are fellow alums (we played for the SHSU soccer team) and I was yelling from the sideline when the last td was scored.

I was there in the 90's and, other than one game against Steve McNair and Alcorn St., football was a complete afterthought. The only 2 games I attended while I was a student were both against SWT and only because my brother played for SWT. What this program has become over the last decade plus has been so much fun to watch. I can't wait to see what's next with the WAC and with so many players returning. If they aren't the #1 team coming out in the polls, I will be very surprised.

EAT EM UP KATS!

raining threes and Red.Glare like this.
  10. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Way to go Kats!!! Heart was pounding at the end.

Beginning of the game was so sloppy, but they were able to hold it together. I know SDSU has to be upset their QB went down, but their RB seemed to make up for it. Heck of a game.

raining threes likes this.
  11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

What an amazing run. All 4 playoff games basically came down to the last play. Kind of reminds me of the Rockets 2nd championship run.

After the winning TD, I KNEW we would miss the PAT. We just HAD to make it interesting. I had visions of them handing the ball off to that RB again and watching him go another 80 yards.

I honestly didn't think we would ever get here. Can't believe it finally happened. I'm so glad we got at least 1 NC in the FCS, since there is so much talk about eventually going FBS.

Now it's goodbye Southland and on to the WAC!

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Our QB was spitting up blood in the 1st quarter and didn't miss a snap. "Soft Houston" my ass.

There were about 5 roughing the passer calls that should have been made, especially when he got hit on the offsides play that should have been blown dead. They were clearly trying to take him out of the game.

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Man, that was awesome! Congrats to everyone here who attended and/or graduated from SHSU! I loved the cameras catching that guy getting emotional in the stands...I imagine that guy has sat through a lot of games for his Bearkats...and to be there for that moment is just awesome!

14. Buck Turgidson

Yall's QB got the **** kicked out of him all game. He's a tough dude.

15. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Schmid was definitely tough. Calm and cool under pressure, even after being rocked. You don't normally see your QB's jersey as dirty as his was.

16. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

17. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

SHSU also won the 2014 NCAA Women's Bowling Championship

boomboom and raining threes like this.
  18. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

I assumed when Buck asked the question, he meant Football Championships. I don't claim to be an expert concerning SHSU, I went to TAMU then Cornell. Not an authority on either of them either. :)

19. Buck Turgidson

20. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

TAMU created and claims national championships that didn't exist.