1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sam Dekker headed to the Vipers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Hey that's like 7 rebounds per 36!!!!!!!

2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Dekkers number shouldn't' surprise you. That is the type of player he is. Bad shooter, who had somewhat athleticism in college but won't translate into the NBA.

3. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Member

[​IMG]

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Rookie Dmo was one of the worst players I'v ever seen in my life (as well as Rookie Capela). If Dmo was coming off of back surgery before his rookie year I'm sure he would have been just as bad if not worse.

Glad to see him get called up, hopefully he can get some spot up minutes or garbage time, probably a little to soon for all of that though.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Member

Clutchfans hate him

I bet he's gonna be good

SamFisher likes this.
  6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Just another can for Morey to kick...

SamFisher likes this.
  7. conquistador#11

the next chandler parsons they said. chandler was already starting by the 8th game of his Rookie campaign.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

What if I told you Dekker had a higher 3pt% and made more 3 pointers per game

As well the same standing vertical, longer wingspan and a higher max vertical then.....

Guess who!?!?

Mr.Chandsome Parsons

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Member

(Even if not serious) Different situations. After Shane Battier was dealt away, it opened competition between 2 young players for the starting spot on a rebuilding team. Current Rockets team are contenders with proven veteran players, lessened chance to win significant playing time

10. glynch

glynch Member

On what possible basis can they be bringing him up. That is probably the worst stats for a Rocket sent down I can remember.

I suppose there is still some chance he is not a bust.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

It was his first games back from back surgery! Lol

How is everybody forgetting this and calling him a bust?? He had back surgery, that it why he hasn't played this year on the Rockets, that is why his Dleague stats are going to suck for a while, and that's why he won't be really having his rookie year until next year. This season is basically scrapped for him.

The way people are talking about him makes it legit seems like they aren't aware he had back surgery.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They bring him up to practice with the team and possibly get some garbage minutes then he'll go back down. That's how the Rockets roll.

13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sam Dekker said will go back to D-League tomorrow and will play a few more games with the Vipers. Was recalled for practice today.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/701833533614981121">February 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. Newlin

Newlin Member

I really don't think it's fair to judge Dekker on a couple of D-league games after he's been out for so long.

I hope he spends the rest of the year with the Vipers. He needs to work all summer on his shot, and then we'll see what he can do next year. Maybe he will be a bust, but too early to know at this point.

15. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

Heh...

16. BullRider

BullRider Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sam Dekker has been assigned back to the <a href="https://twitter.com/RGVVipers">@RGVVipers</a>.</p>&mdash; ClutchFans (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/status/702163872615018496">February 23, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. Mr Chuck Norris

I'm not surprised at all. I Hated the pick. I see no value I don't think the kid can play. And If he can't, def not first round worthy.

18. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Agree. It's a reason why he slid from where ppl projected him when he was coming out.

Players I really wanted in that draft.

Devin Booker (Shooter)
    Bobby Portis (Length)
    Jerian Grant (PG help)
    Justin Anderson (SG behind Harden)

Booker was taken earlier but the rest were sitting there. I don't see the need for Dekker unless Morey really thought Brewer & McDaniels were hard to keep.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Just when he was about to make his break through

20. chandlerbang21

Dekker looked overmatched in Dleague. Wasted pick morey