1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sam Cassell anyone??????

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Yaowaming, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Yaowaming

Yaowaming Contributing Member

I think we can offer Mo.t and Andre Barrett or Reece Gaines for Sam Cassell and Mark Madsen or Ervin Johnson!!!!! will that work??????I think timberwolves really needs a change badly!!!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/scorecard/02/08/truth.rumors.nba/index.html

There is an NBA team interested in trading for Timberwolves point guard Sam Cassell, but the exchange offer hasn't been enough. Cassell, 35, is signed for $6.25 million this season and guaranteed another $6.1 million next season. Cassell is the most likely Wolves player to be dealt before the NBA trade deadline Feb. 24.

#1 Yaowaming, Feb 10, 2005
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2005
  2. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

I personally would pass because Sam Cassell isn't exactly getting it done in Minnesota. Bringing him here, he wouldn't start and we all know that Sam is a ummm strong personality and I don't know how he would take coming off the bench. Our chemistry is clicking right now, I wouldn't mess with it for anything. (Unless it was a backup PG or another solid PF)

And Sam Cassell most likely to be traded? Since when? Latrell Spreewell is the most likely to be traded easily.

3. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

He has been getting more and more hurt and he is taking a really long time to heal and come back.

I should know i have him on one of my fantasy teams. He just left the last game with a tight hamstring and he just got off the shoulder injury that he had for a week.

He is aging and he is not healing like a young player anymore. He will be like Charlie Ward....one injury away from the IL basically for the year.

4. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Not that we have any chance of getting Sam... but why wouldn't he start? :confused:

5. fa7999

fa7999 Member

He is clearly over the hill and he whiles too much.

6. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Minn would only trade Sam under dire circumstances ... i.e., he's nowhere near the old Sam. They desperately need the old Sam, so the inside info makes this look bad.

7. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lets imagine that every team in the NBA wants Mo Taylor and will trade away their best players to get him! yay!

8. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

Good Lord....

We are 3 games out of the 5th playoff spot
    We are 8 games above 500
    We are playing better than we have all year

And now someone wants to trade for a ball hog PG that is over-the-hill and injury prone. Look I liked Sam and think he would have been a great addition about 4 years ago but not now.

There is just no pleasing some people.

9. Rocket_Boy_34

Rocket_Boy_34 Member

Amen to that! If we're pull off a trade, it needs to be for either

a) A youthful player- spark off the bench type-with some potential

b) Role player that will help the team off the bench

c) A banger on the boards that will help Yao out defensively (regardless of scoring ability)

d) An old guy that can play ok, with a contract that expires after this year (Cliff Robinson anyone??)

If we can't pull off any of these 4 options, why not just bite the contract and sit him? That's what we're doing anyway and we've won 22 of the last 32,....why risk hurting the team??

10. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

So you would reward Bobby Sura for running the team extremely efficiently, setting up McGrady and Yao Ming (yes YAO MING!), and getting us hustle plays when we needed them by benching him and starting Sam Cassell? That would be a slap in the face. It's not hard to figure out why he wouldn't start here. Not to mention for team chemistry's sake.

11. munco

munco Member

Would we make a deal within our conference at this point in the season? We might be battling the T-Wolves for a playoff spot (although I think we'll be ahead of them by a good margin), so I don't know if we'd be wanting to deal with them.

Cassell has a nice shot and can still socre, but his defense this year has not been good which is the kiss of death with JVG. Also, I don't know if the guy could live with 20-25 minutes a game either.