1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sam Amick Sources: Rockets surprised Harden didn't report to camp on Sunday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 7, 2020.

1. riko

riko Member

How can they be surprised after weeks of speculation that he wants out?

Boston84 likes this.
  2. riko

riko Member

Harden will never get traded to the Nets be it out of spite on the Rockets part now or just because of the lack of assets, but he will be traded sooner then later.The bridge has been burnt to the ground! There is no coming back from this.

DaDakota, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

Exactly.

riko likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Boston84 and HP3 like this.
  5. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

6. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Definitely absolutely 100% take time to assess the Harden situation. Say no to Dimwittle and Levert!

My personal belief is that Harden is going to remain a Rocket this season. Once the season start, he'll show up. He's just pouting. Under no circumstance will he sit out a year of his prime. Thats just not within the realm of possibility.

He will suit up and play at some point as a Rocket. Maybe he will suit up rather reluctantly and half ass it on the court but he'll be a Rocket until we find a suitable trade.

DaDakota, jacoby, joshuaao and 3 others like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yes but it indirectly states that Harden does NOT want to be traded but remain a Rocket.

8. harold bingo

Supporting Member

I 100% disagree that it states that.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Okay, I have no skin in this report.

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

At this point if we trade Harden, we shouldn't consider Harden's wishes. Trade him for the best possible assets available even if it's a crap lottery team though I doubt they would want Harden as they know he's going to demand a trade if he gets traded to a crap team.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  11. King1

King1 Contributing Member

On this we agree. And for some reason a lot of posters here think that he has a no trade clause. He doesn't

fchowd0311 likes this.
  12. harold bingo

Supporting Member

Yeah sorry, I don't mean to come off as combative. We just have different interpretations of it. Here's what it means to me -

They know he wants to be traded. They know he asked to be traded, and they told him that they would try to trade him. But they also told him that there might not be a good enough deal to take, and if that's the case, he may have to stay. They thought he was okay with this. They know that he would rather not be a Houston rocket. But, all that being said, if the rockets can't find a trade, then he is still willing to show up and play for the team if there is no trade.

That's how I read it. I don't think they ever claimed or implied that they were clueless about the trade request, just that they assumed he was still willing to show up if the trade didn't happen. That's why they were surprised.

blahblehblah likes this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

See, this is weird, because El Amin said on the jump that Tillman was indeed surprised by the trade request and that hiring Silas was an olive branch to the players.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

15. The Law

The Law Member

Such is sport.

Especially basketball, this has become a league of teams either having the fortune of a superstar other superstars want to play with and riding it out for a season or 2 to see if it works.

Like it or not, the Warriors pre-KD were a phenomenon as the current state of basketball goes. They built a champion through predominantly the draft. And then even then added a superstar who was ring chasing.

It is what it is. At least we don’t root for the TWolves/Hawks/Etc. There are organizations much more snakebit than the Rockets who have at least been in the conversation more times than not over the last several decades.

16. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Raja Bell has the best take on this situation IMO. Agree with him 100%

ps: wtf are honey buns? the treat honey buns?

onreego likes this.
  17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Harden cares about his stats too much to sit out a year of his prime. Let him statpad which is what he mostly cares about.

groovemachine likes this.
  18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

It disappoints me the most that he apparently is an anti masker and isn’t taking the pandemic seriously. That’s tough.

19. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

5 pages in and no one pasted the article?

20. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

i can understand not wearing masks around a few friends, but indoors? at partys? in crowds? with alcohol?? not once, but 3 partys in 3 days??? Dude is a mental midget.