1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sam Amick Sources: Rockets surprised Harden didn't report to camp on Sunday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 7, 2020.

1. lionaire

lionaire Member

"hE hAs nO LeVeRaGe"

D-rock likes this.
  2. Newlin

Newlin Member

I think this is James just getting a little attention. Just his way of saying he’s unhappy he hasn’t been traded yet. But, I do think he will be with the team when the regular season starts. Will he be giving 100%? I have no idea.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He doesn't though. If he doesn't show, he only hurts himself.

fattz and JayGoogle like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

A GM will not keep his job long with that kind of mentality.

The best GM's are proactive to avoid these kind of disasters. They put their energy into creating positive successful work environments.

The GM's that are a tier below are problem solvers, putting out fires that they did not foresee.

The shitty GM's dont care and think they are above everything.

sabesque, hakeem94 and fckbandwagons like this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think trying to figure out what the hell Harden is doing or what he's trying to do is about the same as sitting around on the board trying to unravel the cryptic tweets from the old style "insiders" we used to have around here.

There really might not be an answer at all.

6. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don’t think I’ve ever done a 180 on a player this fast. I really am starting to hate this guy. YOU are the turmoil.

daywalker02, hakeem94, Jontro and 4 others like this.
  7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

We want a all star / all nba player back
    Plus young players
    Plus picks

Simmons
    Thubulle
    Picks

Done

8. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

What is Stone's job right now? What would you do in his shoes? Without knowing all the details, which we as fans will probably never have, it's hard to judge performance in a situation like this. There's only so much you can do if a star doesn't show up and doesn't communicate. I don't see the point in addressing the media if there aren't any details yet. A press conference or interview with the media could make things worse when this should be handled behind closed doors.

RC Buford didn't address the Kawhi situation with the media until their season was over, after Kawhi sat out nearly the entire season including playoffs. And even then he thought he could get Kawhi on board. Kawhi avoided management, Pop, and his teammates and let Uncle Dennis make the demands. Was the entire Spurs organization incompetent? There are parallels with the Harden situation currently where the coach, teammates, and execs are not getting updates. They can't force Harden to report and hopefully will not rush their handling of the situation.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

I have been a GM for 20 years and first thing you do when hired is to assess the situation and spend LOTS of time with your employees, especially your rainmakers.

Stone failed right out of the gate.

He was oblivious or did not take seriously enough the discontent of his 2 franchise players.

And then he allowed the disgruntlement to grow to these catastrophic proportions.

Just because Harden is quiet or aloof, does not mean he is happy or content. Did he learn NOTHING from Morey about keeping your star player happy???

And my disappointment with Silas is only because he did not keep Harden close to him immediately.

All he had to do was pester him with "What do you think?" regarding new systems or personnel groupings.

Asking this very simple question EARLY and OFTEN with key personnel empowers those team members and builds loyalty overnight. Especially if you ask the question sincerely AND actively listen.

Moreso if you incorporate their ideas and credit them publically.

The more profusely the better.

10. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

youll get jared allen and spencer dinwiddle and youll like it

hakeem94, Rudyc281 and jakedasnake like this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Harden will sit out for 2 years before that happens.

Rudyc281, BigM and jakedasnake like this.
  12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Mother****ing unfrozen caveman lawyer!

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. topfive

topfive CF OG

That sounds oddly specific, @apollo33.

D-rock likes this.
  14. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Don’t ever underestimate the pull of a Norwegian rave!

D-rock likes this.
  15. Fefo

Fefo Member

You guys are all thinking that the new gm and coach didn't put the work, but in reality we got no clue how things went. James has probably been really unhappy after the end of last season. Add Morey and D'antoni leaving and i think he is just disgruntled.
    At this point he knows he can do whatever he wants. What are the rockets going to do? Fine him and getting that relationship even better? Trade him? I'm pretty sure that's what he wants at this point, and he is playing his cards.

hakeem94 and Jontro like this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Stone focused on the administrative stuff (draft, trade, etc.) over the people stuff.

Did he even discuss moving RoCo with Harden and Russ first?

Knowing the complaints leaked during the HC and GM search, the likelihood was a big fat no.

And I believe the Spurs mishandled the Kawhi situation horribly but I didn't care since I was a Rockets fan.

hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  17. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

Tilman probably blowing his load thinking he might get out of paying Harden for two years if he doesn't report.

hakeem94, Jontro and jerryclark like this.
  18. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

This falls on Harden. He can want out, but hanging out your teammates and coaches to dry with this passive aggressive nonsense is indefensible.

jboslett, Jontro, Richie_Rich and 2 others like this.
  19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The Rockets organization are a bunch of absolute morons if they were surprised he wasn't there lmfao

Jontro and D-rock like this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Exactly, they appear completely incompetent when this shyte leaks out.

hakeem94 and HP3 like this.