1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Salt on a beer bottleneck

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Cohete Rojo, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Last night, I am at this bar just south of San Antonio having a few drinks, killing the time and wondering why the Rockets game hadn't come on yet (apparently that game is today). After waiting a while, I noticed that the barmaid was pouring something onto all the Bud Light bottlenecks and adding lime wedges. I asked her "What are you putting onto those bottlenecks". "Salt" she says. Hmm, why would she be doing that?

So, I look down the bar to see who has been ordering these drinks. There at the end of the bar are two 30-something women licking the salt off the bottlenecks in an adult like fashion. "Interesting" I said to myself. I have heard of beersalt added to the beer, and salt rims on tequilla shots and margaritas, but never have I seen salt poured on a bottleneck. Maybe I don't get out enough.

So, tell me clutchfans, is this a regional thing (when I say regional I mean Mexican but I don't want to say Mexican to sound like a gringo), and is this something that should catch on at all bars, parties and social events where alcohol is consumed? Watching women lick salt off bottlenecks is amusing. Maybe I'll try to get this to catch on when I get back to Houston.

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Hispanic?

3. rawool

rawool Member

Yeah. I don't think you go out often. I'm not sure about Bud Light, but when you order Dos Equis or Corona, it's common to have the drink "dressed" with salt and lime.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The only potential uncommon part might be how far down the bottleneck the salt goes - u are making it sound far. But dressing certain beers with lime and salt is very common as mentioned. And delicious.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

LOL, if anyone salts their domestic beers its whitey. Also, white people love tamales.

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Which is why they are so popular at Taco Bell.