1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Salman Ali Podcast) Chron reporter Jonathan Feigen on Harden rumors

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 14, 2020.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

N/m was a Hakeem quote.

#61 heypartner, Dec 15, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    D-rock, Rudyc281 and Nook like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

He was close to both of them. I don’t know how you measure who he was closer to other than to ask him. What I can say is that Harden believed in Morey’s ability as a GM and that is a big part left out. Without Morey, Harden lacks confidence in the teams ability to deliver a cast good enough to win a title.

A lot of people like Brown, there is a reason he has survived as long as he has and has seen his involvement bleed into the basketball side of the operation.

HP3, D-rock, Deuce and 4 others like this.
  3. Miragedassault

Tad brown is the fuzzy beards Bobby brown in the front office

D-rock and Jayzers_100 like this.
  4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I thought that was a reference to Hakeem calling the owner a coward and Feigen stating that Harden has not gone to that extent. I guess I need to relisten.

D-rock and heypartner like this.
  5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I think it had something to with resting guys for the short rotations and league leading minutes they play during games.

D-rock likes this.
  6. csc177

csc177 Member

Indeed. Demanding a trade w/ 2 yrs left (plus a player option) just sets the wrong precedent for the league and its superstars. If you want to play that game, sign 1+1 deals.

cmlmel77 likes this.
  7. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

But But But

D-rock says

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

if Harden was out here signing 1+1 deals, y’all would’ve still killed him for “holding the organization hostage and not committing”...people would justify the owner’s cheapness because “he can’t spend and use assets unless Harden commits”

HP3, Deuce, Rocket River and 2 others like this.
  9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Dude, Feigen probably knows more about the inner workings of the Houston Rockets than everyone on this board combined. I'm not saying he knows everything and knows how everyone feels, but that's not how he reports. That's how you reported. You pretended to 'know' and you wrote that way. There's no need for that. That only creates rumors about this thing that is going on, but it's also something we don't know the whole story on. He knows more than us. Believe blindly? No, but don't put your opinion of the unknown higher than someone who actually knows some amount of the story. That's what you did and that's what I had a problem with. You don't normally post that way. I have no clue why you would now. I'm guessing it's panic about losing Harden potentially? And how that scares the **** out of all of us (me too)? But this is not the time to panic. It's time to hear the good news delivered and hope for the best.

I wouldn't say a thing if you were everyone on here, you're you and that's why I pointed it out.

10. Hesitation

Hesitation Member

good cast to have a better look inside our rockets. we all need this with all the swirling rumors . feigen podcast> media pushes for harden trade

D-rock likes this.
  11. csc177

csc177 Member

Either you commit long term or sign 1+1 deals; its that simple. I mean we've clearly seen it done before by other mega superstars.
    Regarding fans....they will find anything to complain about.... but when you're talking about demanding a trade w/ 2/3 years left on your deal? That's nonsense. Bring this up next offseason.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

so basically the fans will b*tch, cry, and moan no matter what the player does like I said

he’s demanding a trade because there’s no path to a title here and the owner sucks

Why should he want to waste another year here losing in the 2nd round? Might as well get that trade request in early

D-rock and YOLO like this.
  13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

N/m it was an Hakeem quote like you said. @Nook

D-rock, Nook and ElPigto like this.
  14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

We can't talk about hypotheticals, only what has occurred. Harden signed a long term deal, Harden skipped camp while demanding a trade during the middle of this deal. Those things happen so let's talk about those shall we.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

somebody brought up the hypothetical of Harden signing 1+1 deals before me

he is at camp, he will be playing today, and he will do his job until his trade request is honored

HP3 and D-rock like this.
  16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

This is true... recent things that have happened, he returned, will play tonight, etc... the tide could change but we'll see.

17. Miragedassault

Harden and Cousins few and pick and pops will make the fuzzy bearded man to rethink ...

18. csc177

csc177 Member

You're right it was a reference to Hakeem

19. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

They will b**** and moan, but if you sign a 1+1, you are playing by the rules and are clear in your intent. It's signing a long-term contract and asking out early via your mother on instagram or vaguely sourced 'leaks' that has people upset.

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Did you see fireworks?