1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Salman Ali Podcast) Chron reporter Jonathan Feigen on Harden rumors

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

damn, this post hurts me to my soul Pigto...I want Harden to retire a Rocket so badly, but I understand he also needs a ring, and that just doesn’t seem likely here

I hate that we’ve gotten to this point

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

this

[​IMG]

and this

[​IMG]

are why Harden is dead set on leaving

Tilman destroyed everything

[​IMG]

D-rock, ElPigto and HP3 like this.
  3. bmelo

bmelo Member

Tilman is easy scapegoat. It was Daryl Morey who was incompetent for 8 years. I remember all those Dwights, Carmelos, Ennises and other bullshit signings

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is a reason Harden had his brand jersey on and not the whole Rox uniform.

He also put Adidas on display the whole ordeal till now.

The West is too stacked this year.

I do not see this team getting out of the 2nd round with Harden either.

From the Harden standpoint, well, it's good to talk to Wall the whole year, but he is not gaining much insight as how to win a ship.

Well, I might be wrong but again barring a total miracle. (playoff result oriented)

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Feigen was just speculating about PJ.

PJ was the heart and soul of the Defense with Covington last season.

Thanks for the info, mang.

#45 daywalker02, Dec 15, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    D-rock likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Isn't shootaround just about shooting around practice ?

7. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Uhhhhhh have you not been reading and keeping up to date with what’s been going on? Did you not know that Harden had requested a trade in the past w/MDA, Morey, and Les at the helm? This is nothing new. The difference now is that NOW you have a former GM (Daryl) in PHI that I’m sure is leaking news that was never really news to start if Harden had a history of doing this prior. Sure Harden may want a trade bc his boys Westbrook, Morey, and MDA are no longer here but please tell me what MDA or Morey did in their time here? This whole thing has become a giant mess all bc an organization allowed 1 player to dictate every move made. This organization bent over backwards for Harden to the point where we mortgaged our future for a guy (Westbrook) that was horrible all but 1 month last season. And now that his buddy has been traded, which was the best thing to do, he wants out bc he felt we should’ve kept him yet he wants to win a ring? Again, allowing 1 guy to run basketball operations with a history of horrible decision making should never be allowed to run a franchise. Harden was finally told no and that MDA sucked and Morey dipped bc he knew Harden wanted out so now he’s b****ing bc he doesn’t feel in control and will now be held accountable which according to multiple reports is why Russ wanted out. These 2 hours early to practice Russ was posting wasn’t just for fun, he was sending a message to Houston and that message was loud and clear, ACCOUNTABILITY!

8. Nook

Nook Member

It is well worth listening to.

Just consider the source and the timing of the release.

WOJ releases a very carefully worded interview stating that Harden will be professional but “is ready to move on” and “wants to be traded badly” and that Harden will continue to apply pressure to be dealt.

The Rockets beat writer responds with an interview alluding that Harden likely won’t be dealt this season and then if he is, it will be at the deadline if the Rockets are “bad”.

Then it is pushed that Harden really isn’t as close to the two head coach and GM that wanted out of the organization as he is to someone still in the organization. Why would he do that? Who is protected doing that? I don’t doubt that Brown and Harden have been close (Harden has said so even).

This is just leads me to believe that the Rockets ownership and front office are going to push this until it is messy or at least are willing to do so. At some point Harden will likely have enough. Perhaps not, Brown knows Harden well as does a couple of the assistants/secretaries... maybe they believe he is fickle enough to change his mind but I don’t see it (not that I am an expert).

Also the leaks from within the organization bashing Morey and MDA and Harden are starting to be inconsistent with other information being released and people are going to start picking up on that.

I still think it is an okay excellent look at what is going on, but needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

roslolian, D-rock, Deuce and 6 others like this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

How does the Koolade taste this morning?

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Feigen fluff piece ;)

raining threes, DeBeards and Nook like this.
  11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Winning cures all. The opening schedule is tough but I am hoping for a 14-6 start.

JayGoogle likes this.
  12. riko

riko Member

it’s just embrassing at this point. That Leake was made by Tillman’s goons to McMahon for damage control and still some people are still running with it.

Russ leaving had nothing to do with Harden but all to do with Tillman.I mean Kendrick Perkins who many believe is Russ unofficial agent in the media flat out said it on live TV

13. HP3

HP3 Member

Every year in the playoffs, most playoff series wins since Harden got here. 65 wins season, dethrones the GOAT team. Offensive efficiency tops in the league constantly. That's what they did, they had a tremendous amount of success here. I dont know about Westbrook leaving, but MDA and Morey leaving definitely was bad. Lol we traded Westbrook for little btw, we sold very low on him and that was a mistake. There is no evidence here that Morey dipped because Harden wanted out and MDA doesnt suck. Yea he gets eveyrthing, that's why Tillman went into the tax, that's why they picked the coach he wanted and that's why MDA and Morey are gone. Lol, yea accountability starts at the top dude and that's with the owner.

roslolian, D-rock, DeBeards and 2 others like this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

15. RocketStan

RocketStan Member

This is all speculation. I mean we all came to this conclusion as well. There’s nothing good on the table for Harden right now, so he won’t be traded until another contender realizes they need him, or the rockets realize they aren’t a contender and might as well blow it up. I mean nothing new here

the only thing I really got from all of this, is the reality that if the Rockets don’t perform this season, we will likely trade Harden for trash. Better hope we are a top 3 seed by the deadline.

daywalker02 and saleem like this.
  16. tmacman

tmacman Member

First time?

17. HP3

HP3 Member

I'm talking specifically about Harden being closer to Tad than he is to Morey. Not everything is cut and dry.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It might only tell you that Brown is more personal with certain players while Morey either being professional with them or having laughs with them without deepening the relationship.

This is also why MDA was liked by players, he is a friend to players.

Nothing substantial to the trade.

DeBeards and HP3 like this.
  19. csc177

csc177 Member

Regardless of the feel good “Tad as a father figure” story, Harden still lacks accountability and asked to be traded not only to the Nets, Heat, Sixers, but the dam bucks. Yup, leaving Houston for Milwaukee seemed like a viable option for him.

....and he still has yet to make a statement to either put the rumors to rest or confirm he wants out. At a minimum, that would cut back on some of the questions his coach and team have to answer everyday.

20. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

agreed, and if you listen to the podcast, Feigen was clear on that: “he’s not used to being told no.”

I understand Feigen is close to the front office, but I always find him balanced. He can separate the spin from reality. The take that Harden “is a year ahead of when all the other superstars asked for a trade” is dead on. Next summer makes much more sense for a lot of reasons.

don grahamleone likes this.