1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Salman Ali Podcast) Chron reporter Jonathan Feigen on Harden rumors

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 14, 2020.

1. BigBum

BigBum Member

If they don’t offer Simmons or Bam, keep Harden for two more months then go from there.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

sirjesse likes this.
  3. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

someone cue Tina Turner singing we don’t need another hero in Mad Max. For some reason I can’t get a gif to post at the moment.

[​IMG]

#23 sirjesse, Dec 14, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I would enjoy @justtxyank doing a bit more disaggregating on the BBS.

;-)

BHannes2BHonest and D-rock like this.
  5. Juxtaposed Jolt

Hopefully that nips the whole "Harden likes clubbing" thing in the bud.

Clubbers definitely wouldn't advocate for morning shootarounds.

D-rock likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Or hooper's just love hooping more.

csc177 likes this.
  7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I had forgotten about that but I definitely remember the relationship between Tad and James being tight.

Here is an article where Feigen mentions it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ho...on-the-MVP-chasing-a-title-and-a-13025878.php

Harden said Brown would be buying by the case. Brown, whom Harden had described last summer as like a father to him, was beaming when he agreed.

Jayzers_100 and D-rock like this.
  8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I found the original article @D-rock . It seriously makes me shed a few tears.

:(:(

Tilman is the guy. I mean he even mentions Stone here. ****ing Tilman ruining our team :mad::mad:.

https://www.chron.com/sports/rockets/article/James-Harden-wants-to-retire-a-Rocket-11291251.php

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Ramo$e, jiggyfly, Patience and 3 others like this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

They can be close, that's fine. But that doesnt change the fact that Harden is indeed close to Morey. And its interesting how Salman never questions Feigen about Harden's relationship with Tillman Fertitta. Feigen also says that Tillman was barely at the office and that Tillman wasnt really involved. Is that true too? No, that's not true, we all know that's not true. I really can't possibly believe that's true.

Tad and Harden might be close but Daryl and Mike leaving isnt simply something Harden was okay with. And even Feigen himself doesnt give any indication here that Harden wanted out before Daryl quit. I'd like to know how close Morey and Harden are, cause it seems like they were really close and more importantly they had trust between them as working partners.

It's possible Harden, Dantoni and Morey were never as close as it was being put out there but at the same time, Im having hard time seeing this trade request happen if they were both still around.

#31 HP3, Dec 15, 2020
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Appreciate the response, my intention was not to offend!

It makes sense that Harden and MDA are very close, he's said so often enough.

12. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

W
    Wood is better than bam

13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

This makes it sound like you want Morey and Harden's relationship to be the end all be all. What if it's not, 2018? What if it's big but not as big as you want it to be, 2018? What if the Rockets are the most important thing and not your opinion? I'm good with that. Are you, 2018?

I'd bet anything you have no extra knowledge other than your opinion. So why do you talk like you're more knowledgeable than anyone else?

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

This is what worries me most, a huge drop off on defense.

Not so worried about offense if Harden on team and coached by Silas.

15. HP3

HP3 Member

Why so combative?

I mean clearly its not. But there has just been a lot of lies going on since this whole thing started. And Im not inclined to flat out believe the guy who was like "Yea, I'll definitely spend, wait no i wont." Cause that's where this info is coming from. Dantoni gone, Morey Gone, James Harden now wants out. But oh wait Morey quit on the Rockets, but oh yea James Harden was always gonna leave. If you are trying to give me that narrative, yea I dont believe it. Because there are reports out there to the contrary. James Harden always got what he wanted and yet money was left on the table not to go into luxury tax. Does that sound like getting everything you want? James Harden wanted Ty Lue, but yea they went with Silas(which was the smart decision.) Im sure he was pampered like every other superstar, but this is a very one way spin since he has asked out. You can have the petty insults Don, and I even said yea James and Tad can be close, but I dont want to buy into some narrative that this was planned by Harden for a long time and that he just up and decided to leave. Morey and Dantoni being here meant something.

I dont talk like that? Am I suppossed to just blindly believe EVERYTHING Feigen has said. Was I disrepsectful when I made this post? Is Tillman not involved when the man literally went on TV and said "Yea I forced the Westbrook trade through."

jiggyfly likes this.
  16. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I think this is true to an extent and that makes it even worse. It sounds like Tilman isn't involved in the due diligence that comes into making the big decisions. Like when Morey and Stone and Mike are all working together watching film on how to make CP3 work, Tilman just comes in on a call and says trade him for Russ. If these are collaborative decisions that everyone gave input for then nobody can be salty with what happens but if the big boss who's never around suddenly comes in waving his dick around and unilaterally makes the big decisions, then thats a toxic work environment.

#37 lakersuck2, Dec 15, 2020
    joshuaao, Shroopy2 and HP3 like this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

See this what I believe. But I also believe that this dude was freaking penny pinching. And I also believe that any time money was involved this dude was nowhere to be found would get involved in the way you are stating.

18. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

Guys, the reverse "i have moved on already" worked. Hardens back beybe

19. bmelo

bmelo Member

Every rim is different and he wants to get a good feel of them before games

sirjesse likes this.