1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sad story - requesting prayers :(

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dave2000, Jul 13, 2004.

1. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

One of my friends that used to work with me at EV1.net, was shot in the head last Saturday along with his friend in which also worked at EV1 but didnt know her too well. He was probably one of the nicest people I know and even kept in touch with him when he left the company. He was even a friend of mine on LiveJournal and even commented on various entries when I wrote about the Rockets. Johnny is a good person and doesnt deserve this at all. It made me feel worse cause I was around that area on Thursday night and was thinking that it couldve been me. :( Its pissing me off more because WTF was the shooter's motive? He didnt even take his car from him. Just pointless.

I was at work Saturday, and about 1/2 of the people there knew at least one of them. It wasnt a pretty sight at all. From what I know so far, he is still in critical condition and he can at least hear people now. I am going to try to visit him sometime this week to lend my support. Please let them be in your prayers, their family, friends, and I would dearly appreciate it.

Here is the story through ABC13:

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/071204_local_carjack.html

[​IMG]

Young friends found shot in the head in early morning mystery

By Stephanie Guadian
    ABC13 Eyewitness News

(7/12/04 - HOUSTON) — Houston police don't have much to go on when it comes to the shooting of two 20-year-olds this weekend. The man and woman were found inside their car. It had come to a stop near the intersection of Bellaire and the West Sam Houston Parkway about 6:35am Saturday.
    Both of the victims were shot in the head, and both are now at Ben Taub Hospital. But only one is currently expected to survive.

Anne Fleetwood, stepmother of one victim, said, "She's beautiful. She looks as if she's asleep."

Fleetwood is describing her 20-year-old stepdaughter, Amanda Fleetwood. Both Amanda and her good friend, 20-year-old Johnny Tromp, are fighting for their lives after being shot in the head.

"Doctors say the whole left side of her brain is pretty well destroyed," reported Amanda's father Dan Fleetwood. "They don't feel like she'll probably survive. And if she does, there will be no recognition, no speech, very little muscle movement."

Investigators say around 5am Saturday, Amanda and Johnny left her apartment, headed for Wal-mart. What happened next is a mystery. An hour and a half later police found the two inside Johnny's car near the intersection of Beltway 8 and Bellaire.

Both were still wearing their seatbelts, and both were shot in the head. Detectives believe the shooter was sitting in the back seat.

HPD Detective Allen Brown said, "We're not sure how far he could be able to drive, shot like he was. We don't figure it was too far, but we're still unable to find the scene, find where this all began."

While investigators continue their search for clues, family and friends are looking to each other for support.

Friend Mark Ros told Eyewitness News, "These are the two kindest people I know. You know, they were good kids, they never did anything wrong."

Friends say Johnny was scheduled to undergo surgery Monday afternoon. He has yet to regain consciousness. And at this time, he is the only one who can help police find the person who pulled the trigger.

The car in question is a gray Nissan Centra. It appeared to have been in an accident. The front corner panel is missing. If you have any information on this case, you're asked to call HPD's Homicide division or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.

2. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

So sorry to hear it, Dave. I hope they nail the b*stard, but more, I'm wishing the best for your friends.

3. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

That's absolutely horrible. I'm so sorry. This will be in my thoughts for sure.

4. Isabel

Isabel Member

How awful... random and pointless. :( Prayers for Johnny and Amanda... seems like the bad stuff always has to happen to the good people. :(

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

6. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Dave, man, I'm shocked! :eek:

God will be w/ them in their time of need.

+

7. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

I'll pray...for those f*ckers to get shot and live to become vegetables. I'll pray they'll stay aware of what's happened and realize they can't do a damn thing about. I'll pray they go into a deep depression and have lived 60 years in that state. And I don't even believe in god.

8. Dave2000

Thanks guys for the support. It just shows that people do care around here. I am sure their families appreciate you all's support. I will keep updating on their conditions when I hear about them.

9. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

Sorry to hear about that:(

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

:(

prayers on the way.

+

11. JamesC

JamesC Member

12. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Unbelievable what humans are capable of. Prayers are on their way.

13. Rocket G

Rocket G Contributing Member

Man...

That area of SW Houston - the lower Alief/west Bellaire/Sharpstown area draws a ton of little thugs, pool hall gangstas & other lowlifes

This kind of random crap has been happening down there for years.

14. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Hoping for the best. What a grim and sad situation. I'm so sorry. :( +

15. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

16. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

+

god bless them.

17. Dave2000

Sad update but just got the news from my friend that Amanda passed away this morning :(

In some good news, Johnny regain consiousness and was able to speak and have a conversation with 2 of my friends that visited him today. I am going to try to visit him tommorrow.

Again yall, I appreaciate all the prayers, means alot to me and thier families.

18. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

Sorry to hear...thoughts and prayers for them and their families.

19. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

20. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew