1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sacramento Kings Fans' Reaction

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kastuul, Feb 20, 2013.

1. kastuul

kastuul Member

http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/showthread.php?51375-Are-you-kidding-me-Robinson-Traded

This is so ******* strange. Doesn't make sense on any level.

And I say this as someone who doesn't think Robinson was any sort of a lock to make it in this league. Patterson is better than him right now, but good lord, you should be able to get more than that.

------------

Aldrich is a physical center and he blocks shot. Patterson is decent and has upside. Douglas is inconsistent but he can be of some use.

I know it's an underwhelming trade knowing we could have had Drummond or Lillard but it is what it is. The thing though, there is no guarantee that TRob is going to be better than Patterson. And I think Patterson and Aldrich's game fits this team better than TRob.

I'm most excited about Aldrich, finally a big guy who can protect the rim. He is probably nothing more than 8pts, 8rebs and 2blocks type of center but desperately needed nonetheless.

Assuming of course, that this trade is legit.

-------------------

T-Rob is going to tear it up in houston.

------------------

this just makes this years draft look even worse. coulda had Lillard

------------------

also love the fact that we just picked up ANOTHER mediocre PG, and didnt unload any of the ones we already had. cant wait to see a IT/Brooks/Douglas/MT/Reke lineup

---------------------

We get a TOP 5 pick, get an athletic rebounding power forward WHO HAS SHOWN that he is coachable and WILLING to be a team player and HAS GOTTEN BETTER over his rookie season for a spot up stretch power forward who can't rebound plus ANOTHER back up PG. Wtf is wrong with the front office. Might as well trade next years lottery pick. I'm so pissed right now.

--------------------

Rofl, is this a new record for giving up on a top 5 pick?

---------------------

how happy must Thomas Robinson be to be out of this situation.....

--------------------------

Even if TRob blows up to 12/8 (and I doubt it), I'm still ok with this trade. We simply need a big guy that can body up the opposing center and protects the rim. I don't know if Aldrich is that guy but he has the potential to be. TRob, on the other hand, will never be a big body who protects the rim. So in terms of fit, we just got two guys who fit better next to Cousins.

Don't sleep on Patterson, he has shown some flashes. He certainly has adjusted to the NBA better thus far better than TRob.

-------------------------

Are you freaking kidding me!!!!!

Absolutely pathetic. I mean, what the freaking hell is this kind of deal?

Looking forward to watching Trob tear it up in Houston. Go to hell Petrie....

---------------------------

I can see the future - We dish out JT money to keep Patterson, and enter an eternity of time with a DMC/JT/PP rotation, which is fine if you hate defense.

If we were going to trade Trob for a big it needed to be a shotblocker. Or trade him for a guard/SF, don't trade him for a guy that could potentially occupy a spot on your roster for years when he's not what you need.

This deal will make us better for the second half of this season. It will. But why the hell does that matter at this point?

---------------------------

I don't hate this. It's a long shot but at least Aldrich has a chance to be the type of big we need. Unfortunately Patterson is another undersized four, but a upgrade because he is at least a proven role player. Long term I think you'll have to settle on either JT or Patterson in a rotation along with the shot blocker/defender that we obviously need. Weird that such a high pick is getting traded with the team about to be sold though.

----------------------------

Also - This is me being stupid, but IF (and we will never be able to prove this) BUT IF Patterson can help Cousins be the guy we need him to be, on and off the court, then, well, it's good to see we are investing everything, even a top 5 pick, into Cousins development.

GRASPING AT STRAWS.

------------------------------

We effectively passed on Damian Lillard for Pat Patterson.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Gotta feel for Kings fans...

3. Outlier

Outlier Member

Lol at them thinking Aldrich will be useful.

1 person likes this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

haha they think Aldrich is their big get

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yeah, some of them thinking Aldrich will be useful the same way some here thought he would be when the Rockets first acquired him. :p They'll learn in time.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Aldrich a rim protector? Good one.

7. mhch720

mhch720 Member

Lol, also see a lot of them thinking Aldrich is good :rolleyes: boy will they be dissapointed.

8. cardpire

cardpire Member

on the bright side for these fans, they won't have to watch any of these players play next season. or any thereafter.

9. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

man I really feel for kings fans.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Hehe!

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

.... ahh, yeah.... Aldrich is a good 3rd string center, ok to below average back up center at best. Not, body a big up, rim protector that anybody, should ever, be looking for.

12. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Kings dun maloofd

13. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Did that dude just say Patrick Patterson had upside? UPSIDE?! BWAHAHA!

14. HOU_ROCKETS1

HOU_ROCKETS1 Member

15. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Even worse if they lose the Kings to Seattle.
    They should just root for the Rockets! :):grin:

16. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

LOL @ the Aldrich comments. Poor Kings fans. They get shafted by everybody, mostly by the Rockets.

17. mrm32

mrm32 Member

My favorite. Lol

18. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Patterson's gonna be really good for them. A good catch for them.

19. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Didn't Patterson and Cousins play at UK together? And they had a good working relationship too. It's really not that bad a deal for the Kings, Robinson has looked to be a bust so far.

20. kiralore

kiralore New Member

king fans very kind to accept aldrich!