1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Sacramento] George Karl's job is in jeopardy

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Nov 11, 2015.

1. BackdoorHarden

I hope he does. Now that's entertainment!!!!

But he already hired a former Warriors coach, who was 11-13 that season, with Cousins injured, and then FIRED HIM even though he was the only coach that kept Cousins in check

2. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

People here love coaches who 90s playoff success. See JVG.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">George Karl: &quot;I don't think I'm in limbo. I think I've got a helluva challenge.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jason Jones (@mr_jasonjones) <a href="https://twitter.com/mr_jasonjones/status/696089453442572289">February 6, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Karl on job rumors: &quot;it's not my storm. My storm is the Boston Celtics.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jason Jones (@mr_jasonjones) <a href="https://twitter.com/mr_jasonjones/status/696087781022572546">February 6, 2016</a></blockquote>

4. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

You all remember that Karl has started stuff even during his days in Milwaukee. He couldn't get his ego together, even with a talented group that included Ray Ray, Glenn "Big Dog" Robinson, Sammy Cassell, Tim Thomas (underrated in his prime) and at one point, one of my favorite forwards, Anthony Mason. (Loved that free throw with the "imaginary" supporting hand)

Karl was at his best in Denver, and even then, he had locker room issues with Melo, Iverson, JR Smith (no explanation needed). Even NeNe told me that he was difficult to work with because his attitude towards players fluctuated from one day to the next, and he would say one thing to a player, but he would then blast them to the media, other teammates, or humiliate players (esp. rookies) in front of the entire team.

His main support was Marcus Camby, who is a consummate professional.

I'm not a fan.

With the TALENT on that roster, the Kings should be a playoff team. I don't like Rondo's attitude, and I am not thrilled with Gay's shot selection, but that is a damn talented team.

5. rocketshopeful

wouldnt seattle bet his best? Finals bound and put up a half decent fight against one of the greatest teams of all time.

1 person likes this.
  6. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

That's a good point...brain fart.

Still, he had issues with Gary Payton and Shawn Kemp.

Thanks for the reminder. :)

7. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I was watching that double OT game against the Hornets where Boogie went off for 56pts and was scratching my head on how they lost the game to a middling Hornets team playing without a couple of starters in Batum and Big Al.

Boogie was all world in that game, scoring from all over the floor and I've heard that Karl blames the losing on lack of energy and hustle but that night they were hustling. They were just coming off a 5 game win streak looking for their 6th win that night but I see they have since had a meltdown capping it off with a loss against the lowly Nets. Like you say they seem to be a talented team at least on paper but something is seriously wrong with the team where you have your star player cursing the coach out. Fine Boogie and firing Karl may be the answer.

8. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Karl has always been a great regular season coach, but his teams always flamed out early in the playoffs.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Just read this, their team sounds messed up.

Rajon Rondo: 'When 3 or 4 guys show up for shootaround this morning, how can you expect to win?'

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Stein reported he'll be fired in the next few days...

That's going to be interesting...I'd they didn't listen to him before....might as well fire him to in the morning.

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

24 years
    2 years missed playoffs
    14 first round exits
    4 semi final exists
    3 conference final exits
    1 NBA finals appearance

1 person likes this.
  12. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Cousins is wasting away his career there. They have trouble reaching 30 wins in the last 6 seasons. He should ask for a trade out of that place or pretty soon he'll be labeled a coach killer.

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Don't ever want Cousins on the Rox. He's Andrew Bynum 2.0 and a million times worse of a cry baby than Dwight ever was. Don't like Cousins one bit.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Trade for Cousins while we can

15. malakas

malakas Member

Rondo wants Karl. Because Karl style of play boosts his stats (will get him a rich contract) adn because he doesn't demand defence.
    And PHil Jackson wants Rondo so Karl could be hired by the Knicks.

16. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Dude actually seems to have grown up quite a bit over the last couple of seasons. What do you expect from an All-star level player whose front office doesn't have a clue what they're doing?

You're probably in the slim minority who would be against bringing him to the Rockets.

17. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">ESPN sources say that the Sacramento Kings, in a dramatic about-face, have decided to keep George Karl in place as coach .</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/697126145238528001">February 9, 2016</a></blockquote>

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

or not.

That franchise is a Circus

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Hahahahahahaha

Never change, Kings. Never change.

20. malakas

malakas Member

LMAO That's pretty ridiculous.
    So it's either the minor investors who said no we are going to pay yet another coach, or Rondo who wants to boosts his stats.