1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[sacbee]Robert Horry(clutchcity original) wants to play again this season.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Feb 12, 2009.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would love to see Big Shot Bob as a Rocket again, if he has something left in the tank. Horry might not have the hops anymore to run around the court much but he would valuable as another spot up shooter and an entry passer into Yao.

2. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

yeah, those first round exits were "all on" tmac. so i agree horry deserves every single one of his rings.

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Robert Horry = the man who has always gotten past the first round --in what 16 years of playing?

Horry would be perfect for this team he is the anti-tmac

4. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

He should be playing in a rec league, not the NBA.

5. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Tinman, I agree with your crusade for the past and it's glory. However, posting Horry highlight videos when he was on another team? Unacceptable. I root for the team that says HOUSTON. Laker highlights don't make me happy.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sorry dude, did you check out my pippen vs horry thread?

the other teams just prove that his clutchness never left him.
    it proves what he did in houston was legit
    and it proves that the championship rocket teams had the best role players of all time.

every time horry or elie or cassell make another team better, history will look at those Rocket teams as teams with special players and the best center ever.

its sad that no Rocket fan made a nice song like that Laker tribute to Horry.

7. dtowninyourtown

dtowninyourtown Contributing Member

sounds kind of like the creator of this thread. Posting at least half the posts in this thread alone hoping someone will respond.

8. dtowninyourtown

And I don't think Horry will be as clutch as he used to be. So what good is it for the CURRENT Rockets team to have him.

Not hating on the past of Horry, just saying I don't think he is what this team needs.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

some people are just better rockets fans and are passionate about winning.
    like the 99ers.

its not for response, its for education and news.

this guy with 7 rings who lives here in houston wants to play and lists houston as a team he wants to play with?

let me give you a hint. this dude helped us win our only championships.

10. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Did someone call? ;)

In all seriousness, i would love to see the Mr. Clutch come back to his clutch city home...that would be awesome, though i doubt it will happen

Chilcutt

11. tinman

Supporting Member

he's still more clutch than Tmac.
    one guy wants to play for championships, the other guy doesn't rehab his knee.

they said horry was washed up a few years back in san antonio

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/15u2SVZj3ZA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/15u2SVZj3ZA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

12. dtowninyourtown

So because you were old enough to watch the Rockets championships while people that were 7 or 8 years old and didn't watch get to watch them with the same appreciation as you means they aren't passionate fans? That makes a lot of sense.

I understand Horry helped the PAST Rockets teams win some championships, but that does not mean he will be able to help this CURRENT Rockets team win a championship. I think we are going to need something more than Horry at this point.

But thanks for the education and news.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

Explain how he COULDN'T HELP this team.

No one on this team except for Barry has any championship experience.

An extra shooter and anyone who's tall is good for this undersized backup squad for Yao.

Game on the line, ball goes to Yao, the opposing team either doubles Yao or dare leave Robert Horry open.

that's the scenario why we would bring him here, not because we want some regular season glory.

14. dtowninyourtown

I understand what you are hoping he would do for us and if he was to sign with the Rockets I wouldn't be opposed. I just honestly don't know how much he has left. From what I remember, last season Robert Horry wasn't what he used to be when playing with the Spurs in the playoffs.

Don't get me wrong, if he signed with us then I would sure as hell hope that he could hit some clutch shots. I just don't know if that would happen. Plus, do we even have room for him even if we did want him?

15. tinman

Supporting Member

there's this guy on the team that has been talking about his knee injury for the entire season

you don't know if he's going to play or not

16. dtowninyourtown

Im saying dont we have 15 roster spots filled? If you bought out this guy that has been talking about his knee the whole season then I guess there would be room for him. But I just don't see how we could sign Horry.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

its called Morey Magic

18. dtowninyourtown

I guess if he got rid of Luther for a pick or something then there would be room. There is no way he could be less clutch than Luther in the playoffs, so I guess it wouldn't hurt to have him replace Head.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

How bad must Steve Francis be to get less playing time than Luther Head??

At least, as indicated in the report, people are still talking to Horry.

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

There sure are a lot of double standards around here.

People can't hate Horry just because he was on the Rockets - but they can hate TMac, call him every name in the book, and cheer at his injuries.

It is required to respect what Horry did on the SPURS, but to even mention TMac in Orlando is a heinous crime worthy of banishment.

New fans are ignorant r****ds, but fans who strictly reminisce about old washed-up former-stars and hate today's team are praised like God.

Makes me smile everytime, because I don't even disagree, but its just so damn over the top.