1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

?'s on players I've noticed

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by atomicanderz, Apr 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

I don't study the draft or anything much but here's some players that I've noticed that I think are in our range, can anyone give me a quick note or so on some of these guys and if I'm missing any others worth YouTubing... Thanks!

Tyler Zeller, Lamb, P. Jones, Henson, A. Rivers and M. Leonard

I'll be honest, I'm most intrigued by Henson and Rivers.

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

Get Rivers and use him to get Doc here!

3. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Zeller has good skill set, will be solid, but unspectacular.

Lamb is a bust waiting to happen, too weak and thin to handle the rigors of the NBA.

Henson is 50/50 to make it in the league. He's not as good as Zeller and he needs to put on some serious weight. No telling what weight will do to his physical ability though. He's too light to play the post which is where his skillset says he needs to play.

Perry Jones is an ultra-talented, slow-minded, lackadasical player. He'll likely be in an NBA rotation for many years barring significant injury. Could become the Charlie Villanueve of this draft.

Rivers will probably wind up the best player of those that you have listed here. He's underrated right now. He'll be better in the NBA than he was at Duke. He's got a set of kahonas and a good skill set to go with them. And the family tree means he grew up on the game. He's got good iq.

Leonard could really develop into something. He's got the body and base skill set. However, he hasn't turned it up and got punked by another frosh big, Cody Zeller, this season. I suspect he's a backup big and plays in the league for 5-9 years.

1 person likes this.
  4. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Zeller and Leonard, I sort of see on the same trajectory. Serviceable starters at center.

Lamb, I actually disagree, his shooting ability and the off-the dribble skills will keep him in the league for awhile. In fact, he might make an rare all-star appearance or two down the rod. His thin frame and lack of strength is not alarming to me. It might hurt his chance of being dominant wing, but he should be a good pro player His size won't be the reason, he's a bust. Maybe his attitude or if he gets complacent. He's only 19. For the type of game that he possesses, he doesn't have to rely on strength, like some wings do.

His frame is actually comparable to Monta Ellis and our own Kevin Martin. In fact, there are some areas in which he already best Martin in, even as an amateur: wingspan, athleticism, explosiveness, and even in his weakness to drive to the basket (is still better than what I see with Martin).

Austin Rivers, will turn out to be a very solid pro, he certainly has the skills and fiery nature to be point totaling shooting guard in the NBA. Thing will be can he do for a good team.

Perry Jones is the biggest wild card. He could be a very capable and formidable NBA player, yet he could be one of those project players that everyone in this forum talks about. Though, if he landed with the Rockets, he might easily be the most physically gifted and talented player on the team. Even with his rawness, I do not think he'll fall to D-League. Everything will depend on what type of fire he as coming into the NBA.