1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Hollins joins Rockets broadcast team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Sep 30, 2021.

1. fattz

fattz Member

Different is not always bad; is the first thing that I thought. Maybe we will grow to like it.

2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Only a matter of time before she gets on Onlyfans.

GOOGOOMECHUCK and Fulgore like this.
  3. TimDuncanDonaut

Hollins' ESPN schtick really put off lot of NBA fans. It's not just Rocket fans either. Imagine, when non-Rockets fans tune in; we're not going win over any of those people.

Actually feel a little bad for Craig. It's an exciting opportunity for Craig, and then he finds out he has to work with Hollins.

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I don't know how I feel about this but I was tired of Bull and Bill

#104 cheke64, Oct 1, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
    Dacamel and Jontro like this.
  5. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Welcome to Clutch City where any new hire gets unfairly grilled. I was the only one who defended the Stone hire last year. Everyone on this board hated him and now loves him. Give this guy a freaking chance….he may actually be a decent hire.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. Fantasma Negro

Why not just go Craig and Mario? Ryan is ****ing dull, lame, boring and stupid. He was insufferable on first take and worst of all he never played for the rockets. There are plenty of former rockets that can fit this role, I'd rather Mo Taylor or Moochie, Maloney, Mutombo, Bob Sura, Eddie Johnson, Brent Barry, Bostian Nachbar or ****ing Kelvin Cato. Ryan Hollins? Yuck

payaso, burlesk and pippendagimp like this.
  7. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

i'm the biggest homer but bull in particular became stale, recycling the same quips, puns, and complaints, for years. i'd prefer more player/coach and play insight in real time. for example, pass and crash whining or why pass and crash occurred. who was where, what other reads, etc...

kdchilds and steddinotayto like this.
  8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

At first I felt the same way as most in this thread--why tf did they hire someone without any real Rockets ties? Then I thought maybe it's for the better...as much as I would like our team to love/support the team homerism can be a little bit tiresome. If Hollins is great at his job I'm sure it won't matter that he never suited up as a Rocket.

#108 steddinotayto, Oct 1, 2021
  9. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

My guess is Hollins is doing home broadcasts and Mario is on the road with Ackerman.

10. JW86

JW86 Member

Mario will work in the studio, not as a broadcaster.

saleem likes this.
  11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm glad we are done with the homer announcers. We had one of the worst broadcast teams in the league before this.

12. hakeemthagreat

Calvin still there?

13. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I don’t care at all about whether or not he has Houston ties, i just want someone competent. Color commentators can ruin a broadcast, and there are so many horrible former athletes doing color that I almost immediately assume they will be bad. Hopefully he’s not one of those. I can’t remember ever hearing him though.

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Inherently, I don't like this hire simply because I pretty much hate everything that he said on ESPN, plus he has no ties to the team or city. But I'm willing to give him a chance. Todd Kalas didn't have any ties to Houston before becoming the PBP guy for the Astros, and now I can't imagine watching an Astros game without TK. Hopefully this works out much the same way.

15. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Not entirely true, TK’s dad worked for the Astros when he was a baby so there’s some connection. But I agree with your post.

kdchilds and saleem like this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

A Dallas mavs legend…o_Ohmmmmm…I'm more prefer Steve Franchise who got a close connection w/ ROX.

#117 DeBeards, Oct 1, 2021
    saleem likes this.
  18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Not sure that's the goal anyways. Have you ever had much experience listening to Mavericks, Jazz, Lakers, Trailblazers broadcasts? It becomes agonizing quickly. Local broadcast is for the local fans first.

saleem likes this.
  19. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

I wanted Vernon Maxwell

BHannes2BHonest and saleem like this.
  20. kdchilds

kdchilds Member