1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Ryan Bernardoni] Kings could be setting up to take Ryan Anderson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I don't see the Cavs will want to keep Shumpert for any reasons either, if they will chip in a second rounder, I don't see why the Kings want to say no.

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

again... another 'who cares about Tilman saving 100M'... won't have any impact on future spending... lmao
    big picture people, big picture...

#62 kjayp, Jul 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    Cash Cam likes this.
  3. kjayp

We do know... we've been trying to get rid of that contract for 2 years... I trust Morey has done his due diligence and researched any possibility while he was trying to get Melo from the Knicks...
    Ryno's value is not gonna magically change... its a negative value contract - it is what it is... to believe otherwise is delusional...

MarioKissoDeath likes this.
  4. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Too good to be true.

saleem and kjayp like this.
  5. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I think we found Tilman's account.

kjayp likes this.
  6. kjayp

Exactly!
    but here I am arguing with people who dont want to give away Ryan Anderson's contract 'for nothing'... lol

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

you’re crazy if u think Tilman wants Ryno’s useless ass significantly increasing his luxury tax payments

saving money by dumping him now could make Tilman more willing to spend in the future when the need arises...I’m not sure how much dumping him would save in luxury tax, but I assume the amount is pretty significant...having Ryno chillin with courtside seats for playoff games and getting 20 mil to be a “floor spacer” is just throwing away money

Ryno is trash. He sucks at home, so for half the games he’s giving u 40% from the field and 35% from 3 (his percentages at home this past season) while passing up shots left and right. He’s also not valuable in the playoffs or is straight up unplayable depending on the opponent.

According to NBA.com, during the regular season our defensive rating improved from 106.5 when Ryno was on the floor to 101.6 when Ryno was off. Our offense went from 112.6 to 112. Where is his value? The Rockets didn’t want to pay Ariza 15 mil for 1 year, and he’s actually useful. Ryno’s getting 20 mil for multiple years and is useless. I would not fault Tilman at all for wanting this dude off the payroll.

8. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I don't think anyone is against giving away Ryno for "nothing". I think people have a problem with giving up assets for it when all it does is help Tilman's bottom line.

clutchdabear likes this.
  9. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

As Bima has pointed out this makes no sense for us and would cost us MORE money. It's a terrible idea. Melo is an asset we are getting for nothing. No other team wants to sign him and he will come here for a portion of the MLE and cannot get any better next year. If we want Melo at that contract for 3 more years we can have him so there is no danger of losing him EVER. Trading Ryno gains us more than $20M of useful players and more movable contracts that can actually help us when he is completely worthless. We need to trade him but not lose the value of his contract for nothing when he has already cost us so much. We have to get something valuable out of him. All of our trades before were Ryno+2 1sts just to dump him. We had nothing left to get with him. If we now have two expiring contracts and 3 1sts to fire with we actually have ammunition to do something and for half a season players that will actually contribute. If we can make a 3 way now, even better. There are assets out there that can help us and we can turn our assets into other assets. Ryno killed that ability for two years. It was definitely Morey's biggest mistake behind not trading Portions and Dwert when he had the chance. That might have prevented the Ryno mistake. I understand the Portions one and he rebounded smartly with Ariza to make the best of a bad situation. Literally, he got saved from Portions and Bosh after Bosh agreed to join us. That's a wash. The Dwert mistake was not. That was stupid when he demanded 2 1sts.

Grizzlyshark likes this.
  10. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Also, Tilman has talked a big game about willing to pay to keep a contender. I see no reason not to believe him until he does something that's obviously just cost-cutting like giving up two first round picks to dump Ryno. We rightfully should be upset if something like that happens as fans.

ths balla and clutchdabear like this.
  11. kjayp

I agree that's many people's thought process... bc they're not seeing the correlation between wasted money and how it affects future spending...

T for 3 likes this.
  12. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Are you Tilman's accountant? Are you his asset manager? How do you know he can't afford it? Nothing he's said or done so far has indicated that to be the case yet. He has, however, been on record multiple times that he's willing to pay the luxury tax to keep a contender. The truth is, we have NO idea what he can afford, and until he shows that he can't, we should hold him to his word.

13. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Well they obviously do not suck because... Morey tried to trade for both.

But if you need more evidence they both have had seasons of 2 plus DRPM.

14. mockster

mockster Member

Excuse me if I’m wrong I’m not a salary guru but if we dump Anderson doesn’t that give us more cap space to sign other players. Wouldn’t that literally give us like 20m??? I realize he also has another year Idk how that factors in

15. BigBum

BigBum Member

Scary thing is that Kings offer Capela 2 years 43 million. What can we do?

obviously, kings will move other big guys out.

16. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

No we are effectively capped out for the next three years.

DonKnock likes this.
  17. kjayp

letting ariza walk was obviously a cost cutting move... I dont think he's worth 15M and have no problem with him leaving... but he's better than the 15th guy on our roster will be...

18. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Oh.. So I was wayyy off.. haha

19. mockster

mockster Member

Seems smarter for him to take QO and getting paid more next year unless he’s just trying to stick it to the rockets

20. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Yeah,

Morey also tried VERY HARD to sign Chris Bosh and Parsons.