1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Ryan Bernardoni] Kings could be setting up to take Ryan Anderson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Jul 18, 2018.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Runs the same as Anderson's?

2018-19: $18,089,887
    2019-20: $19,269,662 (Player Option)

Good luck getting back an expiring contract for Anderson.

don grahamleone, Nook, Vivi and 2 others like this.
  2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i just don't feel comfortable being undersized at 4 out 5 positions though. basic running three 6'5" guys in tucker/harden/bazemore and then paul at 6'0" and capela at 6'10" both giving up height basically every night

3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would think WORST case scenario, we land Kosta and Shump ....maybe w/ Hood on top.

forchette49 likes this.
  4. rammo

rammo Member

Hood > Porter > Batum

That’s in ability to get injured and miss large blocks of games, not in basketball ability.

We need durable guys, not cupcakes.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Eh, I wouldn't say any of those guys are undersized for their positions. Weight(strength) and wingspan are by far the important parts when it comes to assessing size and success defending their positions in the NBA, long necks and foreheads don't really matter that much, hell I'd put vertical of more importance before raw height.

Harden is 225 with a 7ft wingspan, which is by no means undersized for a SF.

Capela is now listed at 240 with a 7'4.5 wingspan, Tucker is 245 with a 7ft wingspan, Ennis is 210 with a 6'11.5 wingspan, Bazemore is 200 with a 7ft wingspan.

Paul listed at 175 with a 6'4 wingspan, and I call BS on Paul being 175 (maybe when he was a rookie). Paul is one of the best defenders at PG and a lot of it has to do with his strength, dudes probably closer to 190 now.

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

problem is against KD (7'4" wingspan), lebron (7'1" wingspan and crazy hops), giannis (7'4" wingspan + crazy hops), etc -- our wings still stand undersized. and capela still regularly gets abused in the paint by bulkier centers, ie. adams.

so with an already old roster that's low on athleticism, i just don't want to watch us have to work harder every night to compensate for height/reach as well

D-rock, Nook and justtxyank like this.
  7. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Those players are a problem for every team and every player. There is no answer for them.

DonKnock and ThatBoyNick like this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

So those this mean no trade for Anderson ? Or do they still have space.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It means Sac can’t absorb Ryan’s entire contract. They can still send a player back to help with that though. Kufos might be that guy.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

It was never going to happen but they had $20.5M, spent about half of that today on Yogi Ferrell & Nemanja Bjelica.

They'd have to send salary back to Houston.

D-rock, cerophilik and jch1911 like this.
  12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Regularly?

is it 2016?

I don't remember this AT ALL last year.

arabrocket and ThatBoyNick like this.
  13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Does this cut into their 20.5 M cap space?

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Howard abused him last year but that was about it (Edit* now remembering Whiteside also killed him, but still 2 isn't bad), Clint has been handling himself well against the majority of big centers.

#354 ThatBoyNick, Jul 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yes.

~$3.1M on Yogi
    ~$6.8M on Nemanja

Give or take $10.5M remaining...

D-rock and saleem like this.
  16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Just spent a few minutes browsing Kings message board. Their fans:

1. Want capela badly
    2. Think Garrett Temple was a great locker room guy
    3. Dont mention Ryno much and when they do they expect 2 first rounders and a second

D-rock and Bobsputin like this.
  17. saleem

Abuse isn't correct, but Adams still gives him problems with his size. He can't defend against him effectively. Luckily, Adams isn't a scorer. Clint has a tough time, scoring against him too. Big guys apart from DJ cause problems for him.

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  18. saleem

Interesting.

Plowman likes this.
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Well, to be fair it doesn't really matter anymore since the Kings now have absolutely zero need for Anderson with the Bjelica signing. They already had an insane glut in their frontcourt, and now they just signed an Anderson replica to a multi-year deal.

Anderson to the Kings looks deader than dead.

Take a look at their frontcourt.

Bagley / Bjelica / Labissiere
    Cauley-Stein / Randolph / Giles / Koufos

Absolutely no room. Bagley and Bjelica aren't going anywhere so it's not like there's a way it could be shuffled to work through a 3 team trade either anymore. Time to scratch the Kings off the list as a destination.

raining threes, j@amc and saleem like this.
  20. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Nook, I usually agree with almost everything you post, but I think Harden's game is actually built to be very effective into his mid-30s plus some. First, physically he's solid. I'm amazed by the shots he takes, the ankle twists he shakes off, and in general his durability. Knock on wood, but he's the Land Rover Defender of the NBA. Second, while he's a good athlete, he doesn't rely on elite quickness, speed or jumping ability. He's an old school ball player and that style should translate well as he ages. Finally, with CP3, Gordon, Capela, Melo, etc. he's got some help. He won't have to carry the load he did early in his Rockets career. I also think he loves the game and will continue to put in the work that will make him exceptional long-term. Just my take.