1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Anderson signs with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DustinS, Jul 2, 2016.

?

Do you like the 4-year, $80M signing by the Rockets of Ryan Anderson?

1. YES

350 vote(s)
    54.6%
  2. NO

291 vote(s)
    45.4%
  1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He's done far more in his nba career than DMo.

2. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I'm not thrilled and I'm not shocked... what does it matter what the Rockets are paying him? The team is not 'hampered' by this contract, the cap is bigger than the amount of good players and it goes up next year. The Rockets are not in play for many Super Stars anyway because we have the one man offense. Shooting skills are a real premium in 2016/17 though and Harden needs a dependable shooter to kick out to when he is double teamed.

It's OK but not a game changer.

3. mightybosstone

Morey has coveted Rhyno for years. How is this a desperation signing?

Here's the reality of it... If the Rockets had been great this year and Dwight had opted in, then everybody would be praising the Rhyno signing right now. Because Rhyno has always been a perfect fit for what Morey wants to do offensively. But because Dwight is gone and Rhyno isn't the stud No. 2 they want, they're all up in arms over it and say things like "desperation signing."

4. valorita

valorita Member

Sticker shock aside, he's a great fit in dantoni system.
    Will be a 20-8 guy for Rox.
    Great free throw shooter too which is rare for a big.
    Basically a Kevin Love light.
    Good trade piece going forward as well.
    Morey's real worth is getting value guys.
    Now that we got the higher salary guy out of th way, how will he fill the roster.

5. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Ryan Anderson @ 20m/yr > Bazemore @ 17.5m/yr. Not even debatable.

The DMo fans may predictably not like it, but they don't really matter.

"Defense" at the 4 position doesn't mean what it used to mean.

6. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

You guys are gonna be so pleasantly surprised when you see Anderson play lol. Cause clearly most of you have never watched him.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If he signed basically the same contract Corey Brewer signed, then I'd be fine with it, instead they gave him a lot more which is wasteful and stupid. On top of that, it's fully guaranteed with no team option to dump the last year when he proves to be not worth it and he's untradeable.

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

9. i3artow i3aller

<iframe width="504" height="300" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ym_E0Ip9d0c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  10. dmoneybangbang

LOL. No one expects Anderson to have tremendous upside, we are paying him because he has proven he can shoot the ball well for a big.

Chin up pal, we still have a chance at getting DMo.

11. Exiled

Exiled Member

His agent likes the deal for sure. I would gave Scola a chance rather than paying R.A this $, oh well...its Les's money/team after all. Dwight's contract with Atlanta looks so nice all the sudden if Houston took it

12. Rocket_Man_2.0

That's alot of money..but we had no choice! I'm glad we signed one big name. We needed a shooter and he's one of the best. Now sign Horford...and this offseason will be a success!

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I would hope for DMo's sake that the Rockets don't match. Might as well get off this sinking ship while he can.

When the problem with a team is defense and they go with D'Antoni and then sign Ryan Anderson while going after Eric Gordon, it's obvious the team is heading in the wrong direction.

14. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

This guys step back is more money than anything horford can do offensively!
    He instantly becomes the Rockets best shooter. Rockets fans really need to stop being ungrateful. He is everything the rockets have been missing the last couple years.

15. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Sounds like a lot of despair. Nice "fan".

16. Rocket_Man_2.0

He's a Poor mans Dirk...how can anybody hate this signing! Now Max out Harrison Barnes and we got a team!:eek:

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL you love to troll your betters don't you? I bet you live for it. That actually made my day, thanks for that.

18. Ultimateian

Ultimateian Member

"One step forward, 'two steps back'."

Credit: Twitter and me.

19. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Guys, Power Forwards

- Who can't play the 5 spot or 3 spot (no positional versatility)
    - Can't create their own shot
    - Can't protect the rim or defend in space

Have little true value. Some might put up numbers, but they're not helping you win. You need positional versatility and 2-way guys in this league. Can you win with someone who doesn't fit this bill in your rotation? Probably, but only as a role player.

If you're making someone like this a key part of your team, RIP. Kevin Love is the exception but that's because LeBron overrides all rules.

20. Houston09

Houston09 Member

Really it's a nice sign. We are basically getting the same player as horford for 33 million less