1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Ryan Anderson signs with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DustinS, Jul 2, 2016.

?

Do you like the 4-year, $80M signing by the Rockets of Ryan Anderson?

1. YES

350 vote(s)
    54.6%
  2. NO

291 vote(s)
    45.4%
  1. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Honestly this isn't that bad. Considering what was available. This guy can seriously score and he's going to help Harden a LOT. I'm not thrilled about his Defense or injury history but if he can stay healthy and we have good team defensive schemes this could be a great signing.

I expect morey to fill out the rest of the roster with decent players on 1+1 deals to allow for a max slot next offseason.

2. spark06

spark06 Member

People have so much complaining to do, but are lacking in supplying realistic alternative scenarios. Show me the player who is cheaper, better and wants to play with us. We are just making the best out of a bad situation.

3. bmd

bmd Member

No, D-Mo is a better defensive player than Ryan Anderson. And it's not even close.

I don't think you guys are prepared for how bad Anderson is on defense. Teams could literally post up on him and score almost every time.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ym_E0Ip9d0c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Sen89

Sen89 Member

This is about the worst thing that could happen this offseason, and I'm far from one to overreact.

He's a dinosaur. He can't play 5 or 3. He can't create his own shot. He can't defend wings, small 4s or 5s. He doesn't protect the rim.

The Cavs won in spite of Kevin Love, not because of him (also known as the LeBron override). Granted, he put in a good effort in G7 but you don't want to dedicate a large part of your cap to a player like him in today's league.

Ryan Anderson is a worse Kevin Love, and we just dropped 20mil a year on him. Unbelievable.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

DMo
    Harrell

Both cheaper, both better overall PF's.

Picking up one of the worst defenders in the NBA and paying them 20 mil a year is just an awful idea and there's no defending it.

7. spark06

spark06 Member

Lol, you've got the basketball eyes of Stevie Wonder to even suggest that DMO is remotely close to being a defensive plus. He is flat footed, slow and weak. I'm sure he makes your ALL-NBA defensive team, but anyone with half a brain and one eye can see that Dmo is a below average defender.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Seriously. He's worse than Beasley and that's saying something.

9. mightybosstone

Considering how much other players were making in this market, I actually think this is a really solid deal. Four years for $80 million is the equivalent of a 4-year, $60-million year a year ago. That was pretty much the going rate for an offensive No. 3, which is what Anderson is.

The Rockets needed more shooters and scorers and nabbed one of the best ones on the market. People can b**** and moan all they want, but he makes the basketball team better on paper, they didn't break the bank and it's a player Morey has coveted for years.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Dmo is an excellent positional defender - you don't have to be a big jumper to play smart and be effective on D, DMo is like our big version of Battier.

Please research a bit, or learn the game before posting again, k, thanks.

DD

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

You really are a dumbass. You need to remove your orifice from An_erson protuberance and wake the F up. D-Mo has much higher D efficient iency than Flyin' Ryan. You'd see that if you removed your face from the guys crotch.

12. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Work out exactly as expert end.

Now go find a young wing and that's it.

Best option will be like Allen Crabbe, worse will be like Wayne Ellington

13. spark06

spark06 Member

DMo - Not as good a shooter or scorer as Anderson. Extremely weak interior defender. What Ryan lacks, Dmo cannot make up enough to supplant him.

Harrell - LMAO. Montrez for 3 to win the game!

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I get it now. I was wrong to try and hold an intelligent basketball conversation with someone like you. Carry on.

15. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Someone gave us tickets right under the basket last year for a Pelicans game. I watched a lot of Anderson close up and I was really impressed with his willingness to get in to the paint and bang. He slapped at the ball a little too much and got a couple of fouls but he was no timid stretch 4 in that game.

I think Dmo will play a lot at the C, maybe half his minutes in for Capella. it's a new game and a mobile passer is more and more the norm.

16. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

You have some solid points.

However, you missed the key that you only can get what you can get, with a combination of Harden and a coach just failed in his last two tries with superstars exactly like Harden.

17. bmd

bmd Member

D-Mo was just fine on defense before he got injured. Last year he wasn't great, but he was still recovering from his back injury/surgery.

18. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Lol very stupid post. :grin:

19. spark06

spark06 Member

You really are reaching to associate the word "defense" with Dmo. I'm having a hard time recalling his defensive prowess throughout the season, much less his career. Career 4 rebounds a game with a solid .3 blocks for his career! ALL NBA DEFENSIVE TEAM, here he comes. Lol.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And even then he was a hell of a lot better than Ryan Anderson.