1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Anderson (Offense) Vs. Gerald Green (Offense)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Dominant, Feb 7, 2018.

?

Which is more valuable to us for the playoffs and in general moving forward?

1. Ryan Anderson

2. Gerald Green

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. D-rock

D-rock Member

44% is a nice stat but it does not tell the whole story. If Ryno only shoots 5 times and makes 2 baskets the percentages are nice but his impact on the game is minimal.

However, I was wrong as well - Ryno has contributed more than i gave him credit recently. In the last 10 games, Ryno has only had 4 games that he contributed double digit scoring. In 2 games he had zero points. He scored in single digits in 3 games and one game he did not play.

His best game was the double double he had against the Cavs in this period.

Green in same 10 game span has had seven games he scored in double digits. One game he scored 8 points and produced zero points for 2 other games he played a total of 4 minutes.

So Green was more productive than Ryno in last 10 games, almost double the impact.

#41 D-rock, Feb 12, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  2. solid

solid Contributing Member

I share your "feeling." This massive slump that he is in is perhaps the longest of his career. I am hopeful it ends soon. His shooting has historically been his strong point, though he is a decent rebounder.

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

what perhaps makes Anderson impact greater is he is the only one who can play small ball 5 and is better on the boards than green, plus the longer range

D-rock likes this.
  4. valorita

valorita Member

Ryno = lion
    Needs courage.

Green = scarecrow
    Needs brains.

Harden = tinman
    Needs heart.

Bobby Brown = Dorothy
    Needs way home.

5. MD_in_Training

Being better on the boards than Green isn't exactly a fair comparison. You have to compare him to his potential replacement at the 5, and whether or not we will actually run a significant amount of "small ball." If Brandan Wright proves to be serviceable as a roll man and rim protector, then my suspicion is that we will go "small" with him and 4 perimeter players. In this situation, having Ryno would be unnecessary.

If on the other hand, Wright turns out to be a dud, then I still think MDA will go with Nene as the backup in the playoffs. Ryno may get spotty minutes here and there in a small ball lineup - certainly not enough to make a significant impact.

In my opinion, the only way for Ryno to really make a big impact (aside from shooting better) is if MDA gives him enough touches in the post. The big reason why I think he doesn't get post touches at this point is because the Harden/CP3 isolation play is so damn efficient. However, our team needs to be flexible and recognize that if the iso jumpers aren't falling or if we're facing a team with mobile bigs, they need to dump the ball in the post to Ryno. Against the Warriors, I think this would be KEY. Having CP or Harden isolate against Draymond is in their favor. However, in this situation, it would be Ryno against Curry or Klay in the post.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

what slump? can you define it...ppl keep talking about the slump and rhyno is often helping us win games and shooting elite percentages from 3

do you keep talking about the spooky slump just because you are addicted to it?

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

au contraire, look at that space for harden to work
    [​IMG]

8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

That's cold.

9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Comparing Ryan Anderson's $20 million Rockets jersey to Gerald Green' s, whom the Rox literally signed off the street, is lowering the bar to let Ryan off the hook. Ryan is going to have to have a big SERIES in the playoffs for the Rox to win the title. He's got to show up in the playoffs for them to win big against the elites, otherwise the Rox will be a footnote in someone else's championship run. Screw being more valuable than Gerald Green when a guy is making $20 mil and you're a contender. He should be more valuable!

SS0101 and D-rock like this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

That's cold.

11. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

Ryno, when playing the right way, is worth the playing time, he can rebound, take a little fade away, and hit 3s, Green on the other hand, provides more fire power off the bench, but defensively not ideal to play long stretches in playoffs, especially when matched up against someone with a lot of firepower, depends on a certain game and situation, both should get some playing time come playoff time, as well newly added joe johnson as well, i hope our coach can use some common sense and play all these guys

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this
    btw
    i would like for both of these 2 guys to put the ball on the floor some more... they showed they are capable of it ...its just a matter of doing it more often creating right habits...that rhyno dunk last game looked so effortless... so its not about the skillz..he has the skills..its the habits

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Harden has his heart, it's everyone else we need to worry about now.

14. thirdengine

thirdengine Member

15. Zergling

Zergling Member

Ryno probably does a little more on the court with his rebounding and spacing, but obviously money has to play a role here and you'd take a dirt cheap Green over a salary cap busting Ryno any day of the week.