1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Anderson makes $18.74 million

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Pride, Nov 16, 2016.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's great. still doesn't mean Kevin Love is a better shooter. It's actually not even that close. Another classic example of how someone is so easily fooled by numbers without knowing true context or personnel.

2. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

pretty sure I do. Harden would be a 40% three point shooter if he got better looks, but he takes a lot of tough shots. LeBron shot 40% from three one season but we all know that Harden is a far better shooter than LeBron. So I believe I know the difference between shooters and the quality of shot attempts or difficulty

3. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Do you even watch the cavs?

4. WilliamGCash

WilliamGCash Member

Yeah, except neither one of them got max contracts tho

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Kl will not be a 40% shooter by seasons end. I'm even willing to put this in a bet if you actually want to believe so.

6. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

They g

Parson got a max contract.

http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2016/1...-parsons-sign-mavericks-a-lot-less-max-salary
    Parsons ended up signing a four-year, $94.8 million max contract with the Memphis Grizzlies this summer after the Mavericks didn’t even offer him a contract. Mark Cuban pushed Parsons to opt into the final year of his 3-year, $46 million deal he signed with Dallas in 2014, but did so unsuccessfully. After that, Parsons was reportedly iced out by Cuban and the Mavericks.

Ryan netted a 4 year 80 million contact. Rockets got him for about 15 million cheaper than the Grizzleys got Parson. Sure Anderson didn't get a max deal, but it was pretty substantial.

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

Stop sucking Ryno!

8. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

Tonight is a great example why Ryan Anderson is trash. 35 min on the floor, and just 2-8 for 7 points. Pathetic. And this is who many put their faith in?????

JamalP. likes this.
  9. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

He low-key was a weak link tonight

10. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

Ryno is a ****ing bum!!!

11. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

Let's pick one of bad night for any great player, I mean any.

12. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

RA bad nights are too common for that amount he's making...

Stormy1234 likes this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I thought his defense was pretty good against the spurs and LMA his legs must have been dead tired.

If Capela was playing, he probably goes for 20+ again.

If TJ could have held LMA to 17 points AT ANYTIME when he was a Rocket, they probably would have been champions.

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

If he doesn't get it together by the playoffs. He's going to become Juwan Howard 2.0 but worse...

15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I think Aldridge has regressed since the 2014 Play Offs. I really do.

16. 92i

92i Member

I still have nightmare about his performances in those playoffs against us. Jeez he was literally unstoppable.

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Rest assured he isn't as good anymore. I think he is worried about Bev or somebody else picking his dribble when he posts up. The Rockets have better personnel to defend him or team plan. I hate the McFail / Bickerstaff era. That coaching staff brought more nightmares than anything else.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I had to laugh at Clyde's irritation with him tonight. You can tell Ryno is on his bad side at the moment.

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

So does this thread only get bumped when Ryno has a bad game? Offense aside, he played good defense in the 2nd half too. He played like he was worth $30.74m tonight.

I'm telling you, we just need to remove Rockets colors from the Toyota Center floor so he thinks we're away from home all the time lol.

Jayzers_100 and DreamShook like this.
  20. Voltik

Voltik Member

Even though Ryno is a streaky shooter, he creates tremendous space on the floor for everyone, both due his insane distance and smooth stroke, and most beneficial for Harden. Ryan needs to hit max couple of 3's per game for the defense to respect his shot.

His percentage would be higher if he didn't shoot from such distance from the 3 point line and taking more corner/baseline shots. Although him standing further out creates space vs corner/baseline shots. It's one of the reasons he's so streaky. I strongly feel he would at least 40% if he shot near the 3 line.

Ryan's defense along with the team helping him has been much better. On another note, the players need to learn how to box out.

#800 Voltik, Dec 24, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2016