1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rutgers Freshman commits suicide b/c roomate streamed sexual encounter online...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Uprising, Sep 30, 2010.

1. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

About 6 years ago I had a roommate at a summer program that I swore was gay. Even though he had a girlfriend at the time his mannerisms just screamed homosexual to my friends and me. We discussed it openly (sometimes jokingly, sometimes not).

It's not an usual circumstance to have a gay roommate. But how in the world do you go from suspecting it, to setting up a webcam, to broadcasting his sexuality on twitter to finally broadcasting the web stream? That just defies every rule of decency and morality.

I don't know what the criminal penalties could be but the civil penalties can and probably will be huge. The perps completely ruined the boy's family and pretty much totally fubar'ed their own lives as well.

(returning to the beginning of my post, i found out later on facebook that said roommate is now openly gay)

2. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

That's easy to say. But I don't think he was looking for revenge or would find any of those 'solutions' satisfying.

He could very well have been traumatized and not in a normal state of mind to cope with it.

3. raj87

raj87 Member

Did he confirm your suspicions by posting photos of he and a Rockets player?

4. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

My roommate during my freshman year of college at UT was gay. I kind of suspected it and eventually found out during my 2nd semester.

That said, I really didnt care at all and thought he was a good guy. Hearing this story makes me really sad.

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Stupid kids just can't get past the laughs part of what they are doing to see how damaging what they are doing really is...until after-the-fact.

I don't think they are laughing about it now.

I agree...they should have known better.

I wonder how the guy found out what they did? Someone who saw it must have told him about it or made some sort of slur remark.

I kind of wish he would have taken the opposite approach...and taken the guy with the webcam out. He would have a semi-reasonable defense given the situation. If someone was outside the window of your home filming you inside your home, then I find it reasonable to walk outside with a gun and shoot that person because he has no business doing what he is doing. He's on your property. He's invading your privacy. He's asking for it.

I wish I could have been there when they found out the guy killed himself. I bet they about crapped their pants.

#25 Surfguy, Sep 30, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
  6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I'll admit that I would have found him video taping his roommate as hilarious. Its certainly not funny now.

7. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Isn't there a movie coming out called the Virginity Hit that's based on the same principle?

These kids should get the max, it's pretty disturbing the trend nowadays where they think everything should be fair game for the masses on the internet...

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

an hero sorry.

9. conquistador#11

Since they won't be spending time in prison..
    those two should be kicked out of the university for good and not be allowed to enroll, not even in a city college.

Tragic story.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

Streaming a sexual encounter of someone in their private quarters all over the internet is lower than despicable. Even if the kid hadn't committed suicide, his life could still be ruined and this video could really follow him for the rest of his life.

I hope they make an exception on the max penalty and punish the two a bit more severely. Similar to how rapists or child molesters have that label on full display everywhere they go for the rest of their lives, these two should have something similar.

Btw, that sanjaya's face screams total douchebagery.

11. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Another photo of the three...

[​IMG]

You can just look at the two guys and know they shouldn't be roommates. Does Rutgers have some kind of screening program for pairing roommates? Seems like they should. If so, how did this pairing get made?

12. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

They'll get charged and probably convicted on the invasion of privacy counts. I imagine that the prosecutor will press for more serious jail time, hopefully up towards the max. What bastards. Ravi better hope they're not taping his gay prison sex escapades.

13. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Losers commit suicide. As for the others, they should be ashamed.

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Fixed.

15. rimrocker

More info...
    and...
    So, it sounds like nobody in the dorm had the guts to support the kid and take a stance against the douche and his gal. Sad commentary on our society.

I hope I'm raising my daughters so that would confront something like this.

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

As far as invasion of privacy goes, this transgression is probably about as serious as it can get, so getting the max 5 years is a reasonable expectation. I think that would roughly approximate an appropriate punishment.

17. rimrocker

That's painting with a broad brush... and close to saying they deserved it.

18. Raven

Raven Member

You should be banned for posting this. Unfortunately, it's not up to me.

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I am ALL FOR childish inane pranks. I love Jackass, for instance.

But what's funny about filming 2 gay guys having a sexual encounter? Just the fact that (OMG!!) they're gay?

Like I said, I'm not trying to take the moral high ground here. If it were some dude beating off, I admit I would probably laugh too - not about the suicide, but the video. But gay sex? It's not really funny unless you're in jr. high.

20. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

[rant]
    Man this upset me more then most stuff I usually hear, what a bunch of chicken****s ALL ganging up to humiliate him? When he never did anything to them? If that was my brother I would be on a flight and be in that dorm with all types of rage. Everyone involved needs to be publicly humiliated on national TV and have their private information posted on the net for 4chan to torture them.
    [/rant]