1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Russillo] 76ers waiting on Rockets for Simmons / Harden deal; also PJ Tucker wants out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Dec 9, 2020.

1. psaman17

psaman17 Member

If Lillard demanded a trade, missed training camp for strip clubs, violated team protocols. Yes they would trade Lillard for Simmons in an instant.

Ramo$e and csc177 like this.
  2. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Yeah, I have no problem not trading for either AG or Hield if we get Simmons. Definitely not AG because it really doesn't fit.

But if the price is right, say Gordon + the two heavily protected FRPs from Pistons and Wizards, I would make this deal to get Hield. Hield is a great shooter and would fit with both Simmons and Wall very well. If we get him, I think we have a legitimate chance to get to the second round. You need to convince those stars looking for their next team, that we're one star player away from contending. I believe Hield can help us do that. I think Hield's value is pretty low right now, we can increase his value by playing him in the right system with the right players. If the chance to get a true star players happens in the future, I can imagine that Hield's trade value to be much higher than Gordon who's much older with a worse contract, plus two heavily protected FRPs.

Ramo$e likes this.
  3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Stone will hold the line....Folks saying "just do the deal now"....WEAK HANDS!

Ben Simmons is the STARTING point.

For those of you minimizing him....saying, "he can't shoot"....you have no clue.

This will be a Herschel Walker type of deal.

In addition to Ben,a cornucopia of picks must be included, as well as more young talent.

4. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Rusillo reminds me of holic because all this **** he says is just made up. He takes a bunch of news and context clues and then assumes he knows what GMs are thinking. He thinks he knows Daryl and thinks Daryl would have offered Ben Simmons already, that’s all he’s saying. You can even tell with the way the tucker part is worded “I can’t imagine he wants to stay.” He’s literally just guessing, he’s making it up. It might be true, they’re educated guesses, but they’re still just guesses.

Patience, D-rock and kjayp like this.
  5. VoR

VoR Member

He would build the same team he always builds. A regular season team that sucks in the playoffs.

csc177 likes this.
  6. VoR

VoR Member

I don't get it, Harden hates Tilman but he loves Morey. Both are conservative politically. Harden is just a follower. He wants his cool friends to like him.

#146 VoR, Dec 10, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    HardenVolumeOne and kjayp like this.
  7. VoR

VoR Member

This is what I think: Morey, D'Antoni, and Harden thought that they ran the Rockets. Tilman lost his ass last year with covid, the players played less games, they will only play 72 games next season, and they all want to be paid more. The only person taking a hit is the owner. After all of the woke drama last season, ratings tanked and Tilman started to look around and say, "**** this ****." As soon as the players started mean mugging him, he was like, "**** y'all, I'm cleaning house." Now he's building a team around a team mentality and telling the new staff: Just make it fun. I want a completely different culture. Have fun.

I think they need to trade Harden now before all of the other teams start to figure out just how much money they are losing. People are locked in their homes AND NO ONE IS WATCHING.

kjayp likes this.
  8. csc177

csc177 Member

Well.. learn to start not hating Simmons...

daywalker02, D-rock and Tfor3 like this.
  9. csc177

csc177 Member

No way they let this sht show play out for the year

10. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

CONSPIRACY THEORY TIME: Harden actually wants to stay in Houston but is putting on this show to save face with his boy Westbrook who he can't stand to play on the court with and wanted him out.

BHannes2BHonest and HTownTmac1 like this.
  11. pippsux

pippsux Member

why didn’t you interview for the GM job? I see you

12. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

He will get his wish soon and be out of the NBA. You can't be going on 36 and be a pancake connoisseur while in today's NBA.

13. Fefo

Fefo Member

Guys there's a big fundamental problem to all these trade talks.
    The sixers have absolutely no rush to make this deal for a few reasons:

1) first time in a long time , Embiid and Simmons have a decent shooting team around them, so they may want to see how that goes, especially with new gm and coach.
    2) Who the **** is going to give more than Simmons for Harden? What offer is better than that? He is 24, already an all nba player and defender. He cant shoot, but he can do everything else at an elite level. If you build around him, who knows how far he can take you. So far we have only seem him playing alongside 4 centers that he has to wait when he wants to run or take place on the paint from his drives.
    3) If James keeps doing this act, it can go ugly fast, making his value even lower.
    4) James can sunk any deal he doesn't like by guaranteeing he will be leaving in 2 years and wont resign. No team will give anything value if they dont get a commit from James.

I dont think the sixers are going to be giving picks. They may give 1 pick, protected, but i don't see them doing the same as the Lakers did with AD, and bid against themselves. Morey may not care about first round picks, but he s not stupid, and he can use whatever picks they still have to keep upgrading the team.
    I dont think Thybulle will be available. If he ever learns to shoot at a decent clip, he will be the best 3d in the league at most likely a very decent contract.

We all know James is better than Simmons, but we are not going to get full value on him.

D-rock likes this.
  14. BigBum

BigBum Member

Simmons has a big flaw - the most important thing - shooting.

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Michael Beasley, Nick Young and Dee-Wayne Deadman over PJ Tucker. :D

16. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Here's what I think happened.

Everyone in the organisation had the goal of winning a championship.

Our franchise player is in the back-end of his prime years.

Everyone in the organisation saw the new owner make moves to keep money in his pocket as the first priority, moves that made the team closer to winning a championship were given a passing thought.

Thus the people who wanted a championship got p*ssed at this cavalier and useless owner.

And here we are today.

One is much more likely than the other.

D-rock likes this.
  17. WestendMassive

PJ has been pretty vocal about wanting his contract extended and there's nothing forthcoming from the Rockets. There's zero chance he's going to re-sign if we let his contract run to its end so he probably should be traded rather than have him walk for nothing.

Wouldn't be surprised if in 5 years he's on Inside the NBA claiming that the Rockets screwed him out of $20 million tho. History repeating...

18. bj3175

bj3175 Member

19. HardenVolumeOne

Harden best friend westbrick has to be all “woke” to cover up the fact he is a garbage basketball player for the modern era. Wouldn’t shock me if after westbrick’s current contract runs ou that he becomes a perennial bench warmer. If you can’t shoot as a guard in today’s nba,” you are a negative asset.” That whole woke nonsense westbrick brought to the team ****ed with hardens head. Harden had no problem with tilman before westbrick got here. The whole walkout and cancellation of the playoff game was westbricks idea because he was looking for anything to cover for the fact he can’t shoot a lick. Just like the 10,000 dollar tip he left in the bubble. He wants to remain in the good graces of the public so he won’t get blamed for playing like crap in the playoffs

harden has never cared about politics till westbrick got in his ear

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

So Tilman is a broke AF Jerry Jones????

But without the championships because he was so fvcking dumb and narcissistic that he broke up his team before he could win jack.