1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Russillo] 76ers waiting on Rockets for Simmons / Harden deal; also PJ Tucker wants out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Dec 9, 2020.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Oops.:oops:

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Holy crap, google the player yourself.

3 seasons, 2 All Stars, 1 All Defense, 1 ROY, led NBA in steals and for a player who cant shoot has an impressive TS (true shooting) of 60%.

For comparison, Lebron's TS is 58% and Harden's TS is 63%.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

He's just another one of THOSE posters who are trying to add to the misinformation and abject lies due to their hate for Harden.

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

And that has gotten him what, while he has played with another all nba player.

So he has proven that he can put up numbers while being the 2nd best player on a 2nd round exit playoff team.

Is that what you say he has proven and why should I be happy to get that from a Harden trade?

What about those stats say franchise centerpiece?

5. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

To be fair, Simmons TS% is because he doesn’t take 3s. It’s more of a knock on him than a positive.
    That’s basically his free throw percentage and 2 pt FGA percentage. The FGA % is the only thing good.

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

You asked a question, I answered.

For a 3 year player, Simmons is extremely accomplished.

But he is not Harden, you will not find ANY 3 year player at the level of accomplishment of Harden.

Perhaps there will be no player as accomplished as Harden when it is all said and done but that is a projection.

Albeit a positive projection, unlike you who is only interested in spinning your negative projections for Ben Simmons as unabashed fact.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  7. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Lots of problems with your logic here.

Ben Simmons just turned 24 and has played 3 seasons. Harden is 31 and has played 11 seasons. Why are you comparing their resumes?

Also, Harden got to the finals as a 6th man. While it's true that "Harden has gotten to the finals" is a true statement, that statement is as disingenuous as "Dwight Howard is an NBA champion".

In other words, he couldn't play his way with Harden on the court. Also, Washington is Beal's team.

Yes really. Dwight wanted post opportunities. Even if that's a negative play, a defensively-engaged Dwight more than compensates for it. Was it really too much to ask for Harden to sacrifice 5 possessions per game?

Actions speak louder than words. We don't have stars clamoring to play with Harden, and it seems like all the stars who joined Harden have left on questionable terms.

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

His accomplishments according to you are ROY, leading the league in steals and having a high TS% because he does not shoot without being 10n feet from the basket.

That's not what a call proven or very accomplished, not saying he is without talent, I just don't see him being the Franchise or even 2nd fiddle on a championship team.

He definitely has not won much and his teams have underachieved since college, which is a huge red flag for me.

9. oloboloz

oloboloz Member

Haha the Nets probably have the worst offer, but I honestly hate every trade being proposed. Simmons and Philly would be my choice based on the scenarios that are being thrown out, but the most important thing to me is the fact that Harden has 2 years on his deal. The Rockets have the leverage. If you wait to trade him the offers aren't going to get any worse than what we're seeing now. The potential to make him happy or trade for better assets down the road is worth the wait.

D-rock likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

You've obviously already made up your mind about a 3 year player, even as accomplished as he already in short time with potential to be more, but your mind is completely closed to any possibility of improvement.

As such, it is futile to continue this discussion with you.

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I was not the one who started comparing Harden to Simmons so take that up with the other poster.

If you are trying to blame Howards departure on Harden I really have no words considering we took a leap once he left and he chose to leave to once again get his own team.

That fact that you think it was only about 5 touches a game shows you are actually trying to portray the situation realistically.

Having a engaged Howard about anything is a crapshoot and its why he signing for the vet minimum.

BallaDoc likes this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Lets not start getting in our feelings, I have not made up my mind about anybody, I just don't think Simmons is a centerpiece player and not a max player and would not like to depend on him to lead a championship team looking at his track record.

Sorry if I have a different opinion than you.

bballjunkie likes this.
  13. wekko368

wekko368 Member

You're the one who compared their resumes.

And this is relevant how?

Not 5 touches. 5 post opportunities. Big difference.

Did he sign for the vet minimum immediately after leaving us? Or did he sign a 3 year, $70m contract?

14. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

I responded to your post about Simmons being a 6'10" borderline triple double player yada yada with pluses and minus (fts, refuse to shoot 3pts) and you responded with the repeat of "ok what has he proven". Shoot if I knew it was rhetorical to that standard, I would have just skipped the post.
    Being a young (ie 24 yr old) triple double player is proven. Simmons is a 2 time all star. Been out of the 1st round multiple times too. 2 way player . All defense player. All that is right in front of you and you still respond with ok.. but what has he proven ?" So hey more power to you but what other trade options do you propose? We are NOT going to get equal value for Harden. He's the superior player. But he is 31 so the window will be closing soon. Simmons is 24. Of course Harden will have more accomplishments. But I don't know of any other 24 year old all stars available in trades. I personally think Harden/Wall (if healthy) /Cousins (if healthy) is a pretty good team. We still need more shooting but it has potential. No one wants to trade Harden but he wants to be traded so we're playing the what if game now !:)

D-rock and dmoneybangbang like this.
  15. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

Yeah I don't disagree with that. I'm in the wait and see category too. I really don't see Harden sucking it up and tanking a year or two. He's 31. I don't see him tanking his prime years (ie 31 and 32). He's not young like Anthony Davis and has accomplished more than Jimmy Bulter to take that type of risk.

D-rock likes this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dude it was not rhetorical it was asking the poster what he has proven since the poster said he had proven something.

Yeah you probably should have skipped it since you did not know what the conversation was about.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Honestly, I am torn about Simmons. When you are trading your franchise player, you hope that the centerpiece you get back has at least the potential to lead your team to a championship.

If Simmons doesn't fix his shooting, there is no chance his team will win a chip, unless you get an even better player and have Simmons as your #2 guy. He just started his 5-year max deal So that's going to be your cornerstone for half of a decade. I am not saying that he definitely cannot improve. There have been non-shooting PGs who became decent shooters (e.g. Kidd, Rubio, Ball). But these guys were never as bad as Simmons. And he has already played three seasons.

On the other hand, if he can become a decent shooter, he will truly be something special--Magic Johnson kind of special.

D-rock likes this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

And then was promptly bought out.

The fact that you think it was about 5 touches speaks volumes about your agenda.

19. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

Yeah agreed. That's why Simmons is even in the trade discussion. If his shooting was decent, there's no way Philly would trade a 24 year old for a 31 year old. If his shooting was good, he would be a younger Lebron.

cmoak1982, Easy and D-rock like this.
  20. wekko368

wekko368 Member

The fact that you keep saying "5 touches" speaks volumes about YOUR agenda.

Out of curiosity, how many post opportunities do you think he wanted?