1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Russillo] 76ers waiting on Rockets for Simmons / Harden deal; also PJ Tucker wants out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Dec 9, 2020.

1. bmelo

bmelo Member

Ben Simmons within current roster structure would be disaster unless wall is suddenly 40% 3pt shooter. I would trade for him before Wall trade so we can flip Russ for someone else but right now? there is only one ball on the court and I never seen two ball dominant slashers playing good with eachother

fckbandwagons and Stephen_A like this.
  2. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Maybe the two years helped him shoot. That’d be great. Interesting to hear all these positive reports. Hopefully he holds up for the whole season and post season if we get there.

abaker28 likes this.
  3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Wall catch and shoot 3-pt % was good the last two seasons he played (37% and 40-something %)

People are confusing Wall for Westbrook

fckbandwagons and Bobbythegreat like this.
  4. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

How much did Steve Ballmer pay you to make this post?

cbass likes this.
  5. bmelo

bmelo Member

You think Simmons is better player than PG? Honestly

6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Harden is more likely to show up and average 50 a game and drives the price up on contenders than Simmons is of breaking out.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Same as a dude who use to refuse to play defense

8. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Breaking out? He is already a top 20 player in the league and anything he adds to his game is gravy. He definitely needs scorers/shooters around him but make no mistake that Simmons is already an annual all-star for a reason even without a jumper. I am glad he doesn’t look to shoot every second he gets the ball. He can effect the game in so many ways especially in a movement offense like Silas is planning to run with. Not to mention his defense is elite.

9. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Simmons is not an all stars level, he is just Eric Gordon or say Caplea level only, it is really a stupid trade to get him. How dont consider to get Beal, Young even devin booker also better than Simmons. Even Kevin love also better than him. On the contrary, I suggest we use Eric Gordon and Tucker Dfps to get Kevin love, Griffin or dorazan.

10. Rockets4Life13

Trade him for Simmons and Picks. I'm fine with that.

James needs to go. Tired of this ****.

11. Rockets4Life13

Youre delusional if you think Simmons is Capela / EG level.

Hakeemtheking and daywalker02 like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No updating your avatar?

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Can’t shoot Westbrook to can’t shoot Simmons

[​IMG]

“But but but his defense and passing!”

14. Nook

Nook Member

Ryan Russillo has ZERO inside information.

He has a long history of animosity towards the Rockets, Daryl Morey and James Harden.

No one associated with the Sixers, Rockets or the Harden camp would give him information.

FWIW As on a few days ago the Sixers were supposedly not even offering Simmons for Harden.

Deuce, dobro1229 and Chamillionaire like this.
  15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Could Calvin Murphy work with Simmons on his shot mechanics? Not sure how far he's gone with practice and shooting coaches (I would assume he's been trying his ass off to become a better shooter - thought I remember videos before last season of his NEW 3 point shot - maybe he just needs the right guy to inspire him). Thats really the only downer to his game. Pretty big downer for me actually.

16. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

17. Rockets4Life13

Will do very shortly.

Kind of optimistic about our future. We all said we loved the way things were going but i honestly dont think we do.

Watching ISO 24/7 isn't that fun. Winning is fun. Once the winning stops, you're tired very quick.

Loved our 65/17 season tho, there wasn't as much ISO.

I also dont think ISO ever wins a championship. Not that it's Championship or bust, after all, 29 teams don't win it

ashleyem and daywalker02 like this.
  18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I doubt that because one player is fully matured and developed and over 30. While the other is in the prime stage of when players make drastic leaps.

Your comment makes no logical sense.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

His "inside" information is probably Bill Simmons who might have texted Morey about the latest episode of the Mandalorian. Russillo is just talking. He doesn't have any real inside info. He's kinda sarcastic funny, but overall kind of a self important doucher.

FWIW he actually has said good things about Morey in the past I think via the Bill Simmons connection they've known each other through him. Harden though he absolutely despises, and therefore hates the Rockets, and openly wants to see Harden set fire to the franchise.

Nook likes this.
  20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he is right handed but shoots left...........opposite of Dwight