1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russians have compromising Trump sex tape and financial info

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Jan 10, 2017.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

People who've made a career being anti-Clinton since the 90s suddenly helped her as part of her corrupt army.

Bill FRAKING Kristol and Stephen Hayes are suddenly "establishment cronies" who were just part of the Corrupt Clinton Clan. Nevermind that they were heroes of the right during the Obama years for their work on Benghazi lol.

joshuaao, B-Bob and fchowd0311 like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

In what way were these people voting in their 'best interest'?

Let's be frank here. Trump's vapid coal and manfucaturing jobs talk isn't what got him into position to win.

He won because he was the figurehead of the birther movement which gave him credit with the loony right which predominantly votes in primaries so he had a leg up there. He announced his campaign with a promise of a wall to kick out rapist Mexicans. That got him immense support. And what got him god like status that made a lot of middle America(the type of people who never left their local area) really riled up was his ban on Muslim speech. Man did that rile up voter turnout for him.

3. Buck Turgidson

Don't forget his promise to prosecute Hillary for...something

fchowd0311 likes this.
  4. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

So let me get this straight: a vicious internet forum starts an unfounded rumour about Trump that gets taken as intel by the CIA, who in turn briefs Obama and Trump on the fake intel?

[​IMG]

5. fchowd0311

Yup. Posters like ipaman don't understand that a large portion of our voting block vote on hot words and phrases aka click-bait. The Hillary lock her up thing definitely riled the base to go out and vote. From my slither of observation with my fellow conservative Marine vet peers, that's exactly what got them exited to go vote for Trump. They don't give a **** about manfucaturing jobs.

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't think it's important. If the compromising sex tape stuff is what's concerning, it shouldn't be. I don't see Trump losing by some sex tape. What I do see (which has nothing to do with this story) is that Trump very clearly wants to pull a 180 on US-Russian relations. He wants to remove sanctions and have a much, much friendlier relationship with them. That's a big foreign relations shift. Maybe all these 'leaks' are trying to make it a harder environment for him to make this shift because there are some political movers that think allying with Russia is a terrible idea. I think it's a terrible idea. There might be some decent geopolitical rationalizations (like countering an ascendant China) but I think it's poison to get too cozy with dictators. We've done it before and it usually goes sideways. I can come to terms with removing sanctions and being neutral with Russia, but Trump seems to want to go further than that -- coordinate anti-ISIS strategies, cede Syria to the Russian sphere, etc.

People seem to keep looking for a devil in Trump's position. Maybe Russia has blackmail material. I don't believe that; Trump survived the p***y-grabbing news, he can survive anything. Maybe he has money at stake. I don't that, or at least I don't believe it matters; he's a billionaire (allegedly) and now president -- optimizing some investment really looks like small potatoes now that he's in the Big Game. Maybe he is beholden to Russia for getting him elected. I don't believe that either. For as much as they tried to do, they had perhaps a marginal effect, but it doesn't matter now anyway. When people say the Russians helped get him elected he could say, 'Maybe they tried, but they'll regret it because I'm the toughest negotiator and I'm going to make them pay for the wall between Siberia and Alaska' or whatever. But he doesn't say that. He's very careful to never paint Russia as the bad guy. It's not that Russia has one over on him. He wants to have friendly relations with Russia. I don't really know the logic here, but I'm guessing he figures Russia has very good reason and the willingness to fight resurgent political fundamentalist Islam, so it'd be better to align ourselves with that (instead of the likes of NATO countries that look to us to do the fighting) and try to forget that Putin's Russia is a de facto dictatorship and an enemy to human rights and democracy around the world, that Putin assassinates people to assure his own political power, and that Russia is an ever-present looming threat to our traditional allies in Europe. I see the pragmatic appeal, I just think it's the wrong road for a freedom-loving country like the USA.

So, if this story is true or not true doesn't matter too much to me. Because I'm very concerned by what I see coming out of Trump's own mouth. Regardless of coercion or incentive, as a policy position he's sweet on Putin. If you thought the Iran deal was essentially sleeping with the enemy, what does this look like?

joshuaao, fchowd0311 and B-Bob like this.
  7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

No, what is sad, as a country, we have accepted the lowest common denominator effect. Its no longer about putting out the best people, but trying to prove one candidate is just not as shitty as the other candidate. You see it on these forums all day. Sweet Lou the nut job posted a story that had already been exposed as fake news on this site, but in his haste in attempts to prove Trump is really worse than Hillary, he instead made himself look like a fool...again. Then you have others on here dismissing the story as 'irrelevant' and saying 'well, Trump did worse', as if this is acceptable behavior since they justified in their own minds Trump did worse, whether its true or not.

Nobody is holding anyone accountable anymore. The left feels Trump should have been held accountable by electing Hillary and the DNC candidates, who's behavior has been riddled with unethical behavior, at best.

You dont clean up the shitstorm by covering it up with something a little less shitty. "If you dont like Trump, we have just as a shitty alternative, Hillary. And if thats not shitty enough, we have Johnson. And for those who can't get enough ****, here is Stein."

The RNC historically stood behind big money, big business and the religious right. The right has been abandoning their party because they are sick of it.
    The DNC used to stand for the common man and the rights of the disparaged. They had a chance to put this guy forward, Bernie Sanders. Instead they backed big money and big business under the guise Sanders had no chance and Hillary deserved this accolade due to her decades of service and because she is a woman. Instead of the left rejecting this corruption, they continue to defend it.

The bad guys aren't the left. The bad guys arent the right. The bad guys are the ones who corrupt the party systems and let the special interest float to the top. Hillary Clinton is the epitome of this. And the lefts justification is "well at least shes not Trump".

If you're not going to abandon your party when its become corrupt, speak out against it. Stop using the Trump excuse for all of the problems.

okierock and Falcons Talon like this.
  8. Space Ghost

I dont get why people are opposed in building better relations with Russia. Why should Trump provoke Putin needlessly? Because he's a threat to Democracy and human rights? Take a moment to look at the electronic device you're using to read this. It likely came from a country who are some of the biggest violators of human rights ... and where we will not see a democracy in our lifetime. Why is it ok to give a pass when it suits our needs but we should chastise a country who is for the most part content with their situation?

We are in bed with Saudi Arabia, who is more guilty than all of them combined. The current administration struck deals with Iran, another one much more guilty than Russia. We are very very accomodating to dictators all around the world. So why the rage with Russia? Unless we plan on invading russia and instilling another failed democracy, isn't it better to try to be on peaceful terms?

Russia doesn't own Trump. Trump sees the economical value in Russia.

9. fchowd0311

I'm sure you or some other conservative poster made the claim"if Hillary won, this wouldn't a talking point today".

But I have a question for you. If the EXACT same allegations were true and instead of helping Trump it helped Hillary would you honestly be this casual with Russia? Would you seek to 'improve' relations?

We can improve relations with Russia but first we must make it clear to them that influencing OUR elections has repercussions so you know...

'We don't look like weak b**** and are strong' - every conservative that b****es aboit Obama's foreign policy.

There is just so much cognitive dissonance on BOTH sides and yes I believe you are falling victim to it also.

10. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

McCain gave the dossier to the FBI.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...ssier-containing-sensitive-information-to-fbi

11. fchowd0311

Also, there isn't much economic value with Russia. Their only useful export is oil.

12. Space Ghost

Which allegations? The one listed in this thread? Or the exposure to corrupt and unethical behavior? I would have no problem with anyone exposing this behavior. So yes, I still would want improved relations and we should have had them in the past.

I am not a blind Trump supporter. He has no business being president. But either does Hillary.

13. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Only caught the end of the Press Conference.

Noticed on the final question, he avoided answering the question if he had any contact with Russia leading up to the election. Instead, he only answered the third part of the reporter's question of what would your message be to Russia.

joshuaao likes this.
  14. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

And then he promptly ended the Press Conference, so no reporters could ask as him to clarification on that question. How convenient.

15. fchowd0311

You didn't answer my question. Would you be this hippy dippy about being freindly with Russia if it was Hillary that was accused of benefiting from Russian involvment in the election with the exact same evidence and confirmations by US intelligence agencies?

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

There were many more options other than Trump in the primaries. He can't get elected if he isn't nominated first.

You can't blame Democrats for the Republicans nominating an imbecile.

17. Space Ghost

I did answer. And yes I would. You wont believe that, so I am not sure why you're asking.

18. fchowd0311

You're right. I won't believe it. I agree. I seriously doubt you would be as lenient with Russia right now if it was Hillary.

19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

GOP is a disgrace and full of old white people, of course they're capable of electing Trump. The Dems though, no excuses.

20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Rain in the forecast for the inauguration...

[​IMG]