1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russian League Dunk Contest

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-1tK9WSJIYI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-1tK9WSJIYI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

How many ex-Rockets do you spot?

[Edit: Background music lyrics NSFW]

#1 Carl Herrera, Mar 20, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  2. mac n ming

mac n ming Member

I spotted four. James White, Pops, Gerald Green, and even Maciej Lampe in the background hahaha.

3. FFz

FFz Member

White and Greene can dunk.... WOW :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I wonder what would have happened if greene didnt try that dumbass dunk at the end.

4. Egghead

Egghead Member

way better than the NBA dunk contest

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That's because all the guys too busy concentrating on dunks to have an NBA game end up over there. :grin: Ok, I exaggerate.... slightly.

I was wondering how long it would take for White to pull out the between the legs from the free throw line dunk. He missed it in that clip, but it looked like he still ended up winning.

6. jose

jose Member

that's awesome, and yeah way better than the NBA's dunk contest this year. I think it's because the guys in that video actually care about winning, and no one even tried(Gerald Wallace, Shannon Brown especially) in the NBA one this year.

I think if you don't even wanna be there, you shouldn't be at the dunk contest period, Derozan was the only one who looked like he was trying.

7. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

NBA players dont care about dunk contest..they are making too much money they already cant feel the fun in it.

8. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Too bad James White didn't stay in the NBA long enough to win a dunk contest title for us.

9. dcalvo

dcalvo Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_1iYcnRqx9k&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_1iYcnRqx9k&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

"The Air Up There", And1 mix tape player, if we want a dunk contest winner let's get him on a 10 day contract for All-Star weekend next year. He's from hitchcock too.

1 person likes this.
  10. MykTek

MykTek Member

that was fun, what the NBA one should be.

on a sidenote, loved the different camera angles.... NBA doesn't even do that.......

11. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

LoL at them having 3 former Rockets in there. That was awesome.

12. StaticC4

StaticC4 Member

Speaking of Rockets and dunk contests has any Rocket in history win the dunk contest in the red, white, and yellow?

13. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

better than this years nba dunk contest :mad:

14. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

James White is the best dunker on the planet. Just sayin.....

No dunk can match his between the legs from the free throw line dunk.

15. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

I know about him. Sickest dunker ever.

16. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I spotted the Magic Lamp myself, haha

The contest doesnt look to be some super prime time event. Just something they tossed in between some tournament games. Which I think HELPS. Its more like the college slam dunk comp or McDonalds high school comp done at season's END. Just let the dunkers and the crowd have fun with it, no need to see how many celebrities you can pack in at courtside anymore.

Not that you were wondering, Rockets summer league invite and former 2nd round pick Luis Flores is in the Russia league.

17. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

18. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Oh, wow. Look at that. These dudes can make two points. :rolleyes:

ALL DUNKS should be done without props, with nothing that cannot be allowed in a game. All I am saying is that these "jumping over people" or "bouncing it off the wall out of bounds" and crap like that should be penalized.

If you keep it all LEGAL, like maybe throwing it off the board or not traveling on the way to the basket could maybe mean that someone can do the same dunk in a real game and won't get called for a violation. :eek:

What do you all think?

19. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Too many limitations. That would not be fun.

20. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

They would have to be really good dunkers, opposed to okay dunkers being showmen.