1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russia Paid Bounties to Murder US Troops, Trump Lets Them

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Jun 26, 2020.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Good people ... both sides.

RayRay10 and Blatz like this.
  2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I

I'm not talking about the committee. Wondered what the hell you were arguing. I'm talking about the CIA.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

No one is talking about inaction in regards to bounties anymore. Its over

4. No Worries

Xerobull and RayRay10 like this.
  5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Source?
    Source?

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

@Source

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Last few posts in here prove this story is over

Poor sam

#707 pgabriel, Jul 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  8. Nook

Nook Member

I will just say that I have a lot of associates and friends that have a strong military background and they are not happy about the bounty scandal at all.

Among the more sophisticated people I know with a military back ground, the largest anger isn't directed at Trump for not publicly denouncing Russia for the bounty issue in the past........ the anger is that the administration has continued to push for Russian's inclusion in the G-7 and other similar ventures that are beneficial to Russia.

One West Point graduate now practicing law said to me that criticism towards Trump for not immediately and publicly punishing Trump is all political theater..... However the fact that the President is still attempting strongly to push for Russian involvement in global issues is an incredible slap in the face to everyone involved in the military and shows that the President does not care. This is coming from a man that voted for Trump.

9. No Worries

They didn't get the memo? It is officially over. I read it on The Internet.

arkoe, RayRay10 and mdrowe00 like this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

All I can say is the election is a handful of months away and things can change quickly..... but right now it looks like this all could cost Trump some votes from military people. Some of them will likely not vote for Biden, but they just will not vote at all.

RayRay10 and ROXTXIA like this.
  11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Reminds me of when I was in the military. Reagan's time in office was winding down.

In "A" school (right after boot camp), the dudes looking at me between classes during a conversation and, "You're a Democrat?!?!?!?!"

My roommates after that were probably sleeping with one eye open.

SamFisher and RayRay10 like this.
  12. SamFisher

[​IMG]

FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Except you brought up the Congressional Intelligence Committee several times. You brought it up with a claim that this wasn't a big deal because the Intel committee wasn't pushing it. My point was that it's not the Intel Committee's job to push intelligence with the WH. As they don't do the intelligence gathering.

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Bro I haven't typed intel committee one time.

I typed intelligence. Meaning CIA reporting findings to White House. You know like this story. My point is they are in the field and they prioritize threats. Sorry for the confusion

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Some Twitter posts and a West Point trained lawyer don't mean this story is alive

Hell even Newroxfan isn't bombarding us with random meaningless tweets. All you have to talk about is making fun of me saying the story is over because it is.

Where are all the Congressmen wanting to get to the bottom of this? They did, its nothing to see.

My favorite was a Liz Cheney sighting

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"No Americans Are Known to Have Died in Russian Bounty Scheme, U.S. General Says":

https://www.wsj.com/articles/no-ame...-s-general-says-11594162580?mod=hp_listb_pos4

excerpt:

A top U.S. military official confirmed Tuesday that U.S. intelligence assessed that Russia had offered to pay Taliban militants to kill American service members, but said there was no evidence the proposed payment scheme resulted in any U.S. troop deaths.

“I found it very worrisome,” Marine Gen. Frank McKenzie, in charge of U.S. Central Command, said of the intelligence. “I didn’t find that there was a causative link there.”

Gen. McKenzie’s public comments to a group of reporters while traveling in Qatar were the first by a top military official regarding the intelligence. Central Command is responsible for U.S. military operations in the Middle East and Afghanistan.

According to the classified assessment, Russia’s GRU military intelligence agency paid members of Afghanistan’s Taliban movement to carry out lethal attacks on U.S. troops in that country. Russia has denied the existence of the arrangement.

U.S. officials learned about the intelligence as the Trump administration was withdrawing a significant portion of U.S. forces from Afghanistan and as U.S. diplomats tried to forge a peace accord involving the Taliban and the U.S.-backed Afghan government.
    more at the link

pgabriel and RayRay10 like this.
  17. SamFisher

18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

"According to the classified assessment, Russia’s GRU military intelligence agency paid members of Afghanistan’s Taliban movement to carry out lethal attacks on U.S. troops in that country"

So the Russians delivered their part of the deal

NewRoxFan and RayRay10 like this.
  19. SamFisher

Fun fact - over half of the bombs at Pearl Harbor missed and dropped harmlessly in the ocean!

-Os Trigomum

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol. unless you're in the CIA you don't know jack shitte either about this subject. so what's your point?

RayRay10 likes this.