1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell Westbrook wants out of Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Nov 11, 2020.

1. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Per CyberX, Cleveland was looking into Russ.

I can see the following:
    Russ for Drummond and Exum or Nance Jr. and a future 2nd Rounder.

Russ teams up with K.Love. Cleveland competes in the east.
    Houston picks up an expiring in Drummond (possibly trade for pick) and young players on decent deals and dumps Russ

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

D-rock likes this.
  3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Caesar and D-rock like this.
  5. Rudy

Rudy Member

saleem and D-rock like this.
  6. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mannix: Rockets want something back for him. They’re not just looking to offload him on someone else’s books. I could be dead wrong but I’ve been told from people within the Knicks that Westbrook is not a priority at this point.

Amick: If it’s true they have something on the table with the Wizards but are pushing for more, they should do that deal. I don’t know where else the market goes. To my knowledge, Washington is real. I don’t know anything else and the Rockets shouldn’t be too greedy. ... My understanding is Russ is ready to get back to playing Russ basketball. He wants to go rock the way Russ does again.

saleem, DVauthrin, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

1. They shouldn't just do that deal. It's not being greedy to not want a less talented player, who is more injury prone on the same contract for the same years.

2. Yes. Washington is real. I can find it on a map.

3. Be Greedy. Take Rui or Deni. One or the other must be included in this deal if it happens.

4. I'm glad Russ wants to go be Russ. Maybe he should give Silas a chance?

9. riko

riko Member

Russ will probably be here till the deadline atleast. With Harden gone he will put up astronomical numbers to prop up his value

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

I am trying to stay positive bro, but Tilly just sucks the life out of you, 1 penny at a time.

Erbnwarfare and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  11. jch1911

jch1911 Member

i seriously guffawed...

12. Caprah

Caprah Member

No one wants a bar of dumbrick

YOLO likes this.
  13. Caprah

Caprah Member

With Lavars spastic looking offspring why would they need another mentally challenged player out there?

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Wait for the Knickerdumbers, Stein said they're pursuing Hayward really hard (and he just opted out of 34M), wouldn't make sense for them to sign a guy of Hayward's age just to have him play in the middle of a bunch of rookies, they have to be thinking about getting other veterans, and they're still without a pg.

D-rock likes this.
  15. Caprah

Caprah Member

You can always trust Dolan for making dipstick kind of moves

D-rock and Vivi like this.
  16. finsraider

finsraider Member

Another idea on Westbrook: trade him for Kyle Lowry

That solves 2 things.

1) it gives you a better fit with Harden
    2) his contract expires this year.

with his contract expiring, you could go 2 directions. If Harden stays (ie signs an extension), we could potentially open up enough room to be a player in 2021 free agency. That includes Kawhi, Giannis and Paul George. If he demands a trade again, our cap would be clear.

I don’t see any downside to a Lowry for Westbrook swap. We would be a better team, and better positioned to move forward either way.

I actually wouldn’t be surprised if Toronto would listen to us if we called.

17. riko

riko Member

No one is trading for Russ according to McMahon... so expect him to be starting this year till atleast the deadline to pad his stats

joshuaao, Genesis, Rudyc281 and 2 others like this.
  18. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

The Knicks haven't had a winning record or made the playoffs in over seven years.

They've had high draft picks for almost a decade, at what point do you just trade for a proven superstar and give your fans a competitive team?

If I'm the Knicks I trade for Westbrook all day, Charlotte too. The future has been coming for seven years with these lottery picks,

I would take the bird in hand with a proven 27 pts 8 reb 8 ast guaranteed triple double guy with competitive fire and a playoff appearance in the east.

19. JW86

JW86 Member

I think Westbrook will stay, for now.

D-rock likes this.
  20. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

What's funny is with all the biased reporting for agendas and team posturing going on with these leaks, the truth is no trade offer is better than working things out and keeping what we have.

The trades should always be plan B.

This is like when you have a beauty pagent winner and other guys are telling themselves she has pointy elbows and can't cook, and play themselves.

If the Rockets trade cool, if not then I'm good with that as well, that should be plan A. These are three year contacts with two years guaranteed, work it out.

D-rock likes this.