1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell Westbrook wants out of Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Nov 11, 2020.

1. riko

riko Member

Russ play in the playoffs was downright embrassing

Richie_Rich, JuNx, DaDakota and 3 others like this.
  2. krmclaughlin

krmclaughlin Member

0 chance Milwaukee would do this trade.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  3. riko

riko Member

I don’t believe a word this clown says. He says my source is Stones relative ? First of all no one legit will ever reveal their sources and even he were telling the truth then Stone needs to be fired straight away for leaking team information to his relatives. Loose lips sink ships

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I apologize. But what did Westbrook do to sabotage his trade value?

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

This makes most sense for both Magic AND Rockets.

Russ surrounded by shooters like Vucevic, Fournier, Ross and Chuma Okeke. Adding a legit superstar to that team would create instant electricity for a franchise desperate to be relevant again.

Magic at this time lack a superstar scorer and are seeking to upgrade their guard positions.

Magic HC Steve Clifford and Silas are also very close. In fact, Silas just hired one of Clifford's assistants (Higgins) who would be very familiar with the Magic Roster.

Dacamel and Rudyc281 like this.
  6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Gordon, Fultz and Isaac would be cool with me.

bmelo, JuNx, BHannes2BHonest and 4 others like this.
  7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

who would we get back from ORL?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  8. riko

riko Member

Aaron Gordon and Mo Bamba?

9. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Saying you want out gives leverage to the team trying to get him. If he said he wanted to stay, teams would bid higher to pry him out from us.

curbur and YOLO like this.
  10. mightybosstone

Orlando is obviously an ideal trade partner for Houston because of their big men, but if Fultz is the guy they see as their future franchise PG, he and Westbrook are an atrocious back court fit.

Rudyc281 and D-rock like this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

https://syndication.bleacherreport....to-move-into-lottery-with-star-no-15.amp.html

Magic supposedly seeking to improve guard position via draft and dangling AG to move up in draft.

Magic already have so many young players and team cannot seem to develop these players very well or very quickly. Losing AG drops them out of the playoffs completely IMO, especially with Isaac out for the season already.

Russ + rook PG makes more sense if Magic want to remain or improve their postseason contention.

Easy trade is AG, Fultz, Bamba for Russ but would rather bring another team or 2 to really maximize the trade and not have to add any FRP.

Need to research more.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm fine w/ AG, bamba, extra -- don't want fultz -- last thing we need is a young kid headcase to pair w/ 31yr old wilt harden

D-rock likes this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Maybe not Brogdan but they would trade Brogdon? Just like we won't trade Gordan but we would definitely move Gordon.

14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

There is a weird narrative going on here. Every one of the Rockets assets is undervalued and every other team's assets is overvalued. It's like we are all trying to be polite.

Brogdon is 28. He is injured almost every year. He is a very good player. He is not as good as Russell Westbrook. Would he help us win more? Maybe. Harden is hard to build around and Morey put the wrong pieces around him for basically eight years.

Russell Westbrook was ALL NBA last year. Brogdon will probably never make ALL NBA. Russ is an All-Star Level player next year. Brogdon will probably never make an all star team. Small markets need big attractions.

Russ is very close with Oladipo. He could probably convince him to sign on for some extra years.

I guarantee if the Pacers wouldn't give up Brogdon for Russ, Stone would say ok thank you, good luck.

Just because Russ wants out doesn't mean the Rockets have to trade him for the sake of trading him. He has two seasons left on his contract and it will only go up in value as time goes on. If the Rockets make a move it will not be to get worse. I guarantee it.

Deuce, sammy, Ramo$e and 2 others like this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think you're right, although i also think the Pacers would try to move Oladipo instead of Brogdon, Dipo is expiring (which probably sucks for the Rockets) and Brogdon is a better fit next to both Harden and Westbrook

joshuaao, D-rock and treyk3 like this.
  16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I added on to my post but Dipo and Russ are close. I think Russ coming would ensure that Dipo stays.

Vivi and D-rock like this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Maybe send Fultz to Suns for Oubre instead.

But Fultz is good back up plan if Harden is moved next season. Also adds a LOT more scoring/ball handling as well as defensive disruption (averaged 1.3 steals last season) off the bench, especially with EGo injury prone.

Harden/Fultz
    EGo/House/McLemore
    RoCo/Nwaba
    AG/PJ
    Bamba/MLE

OR

Harden/EGo
    Oubre/House/McLemore
    RoCo/Nwaba
    AG/PJ
    Bamba/MLE

joshuaao and pippendagimp like this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

I like Dipo next to Harden but Brogdan would not be a bad consolation either.

Trade works but if Pacers are going away from Turner (rim protecting 3ball shooting 5) to better showcase Sabonis (post up, rolling 5) then adding a paint clogger like Russ sounds self defeating.

Rockets have proved (no matter what Russ saying now) that a 5 out offense is the best most efficient way to weaponize Russ.

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member