1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell Westbrook tested positive for COVID-19

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YOLO, Jul 13, 2020.

1. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

We will all die at some point too. What is your point? Just go ahead and do it?

2. icewill36

icewill36 Member

The point is it's everywhere so why try to put the blame on Russ for catching it ? Especially with a president who thinks it's a hoax. Now all his followers think the same way and don't want to wear masks or keep their distance.

3. Section123row16seat1

Does anyone think harden and Westbrook got the Rona at the same time? We’re they practicing? Doesn’t Westbrook live in LA and harden in sugar land? They should be quarantined together and practice via zoom with the crew in Orlando.

In all seriousness I hope they get better and defeat the damn virus

4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

No, I think I'll still put blame on people for catching it.
    If I catch it, I blame myself. You won't blame yourself?
    Sounds like you're putting blame on other people though, such as people who don't wear masks, who probably tell themselves "I'm gonna get it anyway" just like you do. . . .
    I wish you would take more responsibility to avoid catching (and spreading) the virus.

P.S. You're wrong: it's not everywhere. In all of the outdoors, it's not there. In bars of soap, it's not there. In the majority of people's homes, it's not there. It's not at all everywhere. Avoid it.

#104 sirbaihu, Jul 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    Newlin likes this.
  5. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Why would I blame myself? I didn't create it and I have no control over other people. You can wear a mask and still catch it.

6. icewill36

icewill36 Member

How nice for you to simply stay home and avoid it. Other people have to go out and work

7. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

This is a terrible take on the virus. There are people that never stopped working taking every precaution to not take it back to their families or spread it through the community. I'm not mad at him for having the virus but more so hoping him and his family will be ok. There is still many unknowns about the virus that people calling it the flu is infuriating. Especially politicians trying to discredit doctors. ICU rates and possible long lasting effects on organs is where people have a hard time grasping at for some reason.

CCity Zero, malakas and jcf like this.
  8. macan

macan Member

dam our championship hope is shrinking fast this season..
    wish Westbrook and Harden well. no rush to come back. we can focus on next season.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would say 50-50 chance give or take that the season cannot be finished anyway, at least I am not so sure it would within their schedule.

Maybe with a revamped schedule.

Moreover I am thinking the BLM movement is a distraction to the whole AAU tournament style and to following protocols.

You can do things simultaneously but it takes away from your main focus - playing ball and staying isolated and safe.

Too much thinking and you're prone to making safety mistakes.

Pair that with their longing for GFs, wives, kids and elders.

Hayward is already set to leave and return to the bubble because of childbirth. More will follow.

#109 daywalker02, Jul 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    macan likes this.
  10. magichat281

magichat281 Member

get well soon wb this aint no joke. You will get soon youre a beast!!!

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

AAU tournament style? There is none of that

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's not even from me, several players have commented on the living condition and campus environment .... and almost no contact rule to the outside.

I just do not disagree.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

cool. my bad rajon rondo who isn't even there anymore.

the aau tournament style comment is just puzzling and really has no correlation to whats going on

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

tinman likes this.
  16. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

17. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

Yea if you come up asymptomatic positive, the hardest part is returning a negative test result. Even though it has been proven you do not shed active virus after 11 days from your last symptom (if any), my guess is they require two negative test results regardless. Some people go months without a single symptom but unable to return a negative result.

jcf likes this.
  18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

19. magichat281

magichat281 Member

no they aint gonna guard him for sure. They ll be like he go rona back off LMAO. FREE LANES FOR RUSS AND HARDEN!!! took me almost a month to test negative. 3 weeks and some change. You can feel that you dont have rona no more. You dont cough at all or sneeze through out the day and im just glad i already caught it so i have anitbodies to fight against it. Im not as scared no more to go out and just to pump gas. As a healthy person i dont feel any after effects. I feel normal and healthy .

20. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

As long as Westbrook and Harden show up in the playoffs and lead us to a 'ship they can party with Madonna, Justin Bieber, OJ, Connor Mcgregor, Rosie O'Donnell... I don't care.

Just lead us to the promise land.

vlaurelio likes this.