1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell Westbrook tested positive for COVID-19

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YOLO, Jul 13, 2020.

1. TimDuncanDonaut

The news is trending on twitter. Since maybe Jokic?, Russ is one of the first well known NBA stars to come out with it.

I'm glad in his message: he says he's feeling well, that's a good sign.

#61 TimDuncanDonaut, Jul 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  2. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Cyber is the professional Woj all of CF deserves

hopefully all players and people in general with this make a 100% recovery. NBA aside.

I heard inhaled budesonide thru a nebulizer works wonders against the rona

Lawlruschang and BigShasta like this.
  3. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

TV deals are already in place...none of what you said is going to happen.

4. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

There have been a lot of well known stars that have come out with it

Patience likes this.
  5. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They should have played in Fargo.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  6. TimDuncanDonaut

Multi all-star then? Outside of KD. Non hoop fans don't know Jokic, Gobert, or D Mitchell.

7. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

I agree, luckily it seems that most players have not been affected by their health. But a few cases are enough for the situation change radically. As everything is facing a question of probabilities, a simple quarantine of 15 days before the start (and not started the activities of the teams) would have greatly reduced the chances of finding cases like Westbrook's (I hope Harden is fine). We are all seeing how in countries like Italy, Spain or Japan people with very few resources fulfill quarantines of more than 100 days, I do not think that fulfilling a quarantine of 15 days will be a problem for these players. :)

8. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah that's fair, was thinking about basketball fans. Russ is probably the only one other than KD who non basketball fans have heard of.

9. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

[​IMG]

10. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I hope Russ gets well soon.
    im actually more worried about Harden since they announced thrusts and Harden didn’t travel with the team and cyberx said Harden has COVID-19. He has asthma which could make him have worst symptoms. Hope he is doing well.

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

@cyberx is only Woj-lite until he tells a senator to f%$k off.

At this point, I'm expecting an announcement from Harden any minute. I don't think he can just show up at camp and never say a word about why he wasn't allowed/didn't want/couldn't be there on time.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  12. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

Not sure what the requirements are but timelines from data look like:

1. No symptoms - quarantine 2 weeks and obtain two negative test results 48 hours apart.

2. 11 days after last of symptoms subside and obtain two negative test results 48 hours apart.

13. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Westbrook running up sand hills in San Pedro. I wonder how much excessive physical exertion expells toxins from the body. A lesser Rocket would have to be incubated to survive.

TimDuncanDonaut and Lawlruschang like this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

"...I'm told now for 10 days he's continued to test positive." - Randy McIlvoy

tinman likes this.
  15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I think he can. The tests are the only thing that matter not the excuses.

BeBreezy likes this.
  16. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

So happy that he came out and then says re-joining teammates. So many players would just sit out for the remainder of the season. And I don't blame him if he did because there are some who gets it, the body will never be the same.

17. malakas

malakas Member

I think the reason he made it public now is that they retested him along with Harden but he keeps being positive so it can take a while for him to comeback.

18. SORF

SORF Member

Okay, a little info about testing positive for Covid-19. Once you have been exposed, it takes 7-14 days to develop Covid-19. Back in the first of March, my niece who is a prosecutor for Indianapolis was instructed by the DA to plea out 30 inmates in the Indy jail. There were a couple of positive cases, already tested in jail, so the jail personnel wanted to get the inmates out before it took over the population. So three prosecutors and their detectives sat at 3 tables and negotiated a plea with 10 inmates each. After that was done, Indianapolis closed down the city. My niece went home and stayed in her home for 4 weeks. Then she and another prosecutor decided to volunteer for a case study with Eli Lily Medical as members of a control group. They went in for a test and two days later she went online to see what control group she would be in. There was a red dot next to her name...she clicked on it and it stated she was covid-19 positive. She was asymptomatic...never had any symptoms. Since she had been home for 4 weeks, never went out, they theorize she had it 2-3 weeks. They retested her 2 weeks later, and she still tested positive. They tested her the next week, and she finally tested negative. Before she was allowed to go back to her office, she had another test a week later and tested negative again. She had the coronavirus for 5-6 weeks. BTW, the other prosecutor tested negative. But after my niece's positive, all prosecutors and detectives had to be tested...they found 4 more positive cases. The one thing our family is relieved about is that our niece didn't spread it to others.

Depending on when Westbrook was exposed, it is possible he may not be in Orlando when the games start. Let's hope he stays asymptomatic and has no other complications later in his life or with his family. Not knowing endangers your family.

# Help our Medical Workers. #Wear the Masks. #Social distancing...stop the spread. I wear the masks and do social distancing. I also don't go out of my home unless it is necessary. I learned from my niece and talked with her during her coronavirus episode...it's scary. This virus is REAL and dangerous. Stay safe.

19. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

yes TV deals are there, but if majority of the teams will just play their subs or G-leaguers for those 8 games, unless you are a helpless gambler, there are many people would prefer to watch paint dry rather than this crap at 2:30 in the afternoon.

20. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

there are so many people had tested positive but never got any symptoms.

so that means it is possible for him to miss the whole thing if he keep his current status.

Louka likes this.