1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell Westbrook tells fan: "I'll f*ck you up, you and your wife"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Mar 11, 2019.

1. maw7079_2000

maw7079_2000 Member

It is unfair to make Russ out to be the bad guy here. Some pretty scathing stuff regarding this fan is starting to surface.

Bearded13 and jsilencio like this.
  2. maw7079_2000

maw7079_2000 Member

Your ability to comprehend the larger issue is stunted. Be smarter.

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I think the punishment was appropriate on both sides.

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

Look back at your post history, in this thread. You were never impartial.

Mr. Space City and YOLO like this.
  5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

WTF is this, the SJW Onion?

He/she invalidates the whole thing by using this as the second paragraph.

I don’t know the fan, but I’ve driven through Utah and I believe Russell Westbrook’s version of whatever he says happened because the entire state of Utah is just one big hole of weird whiteness.

Really... I mean, I guess it's "funny"..?

I am a native Houstonian who has lived in Utah for about 7 years total for school and now work. Utah is at least 50% nice, even great people, especially in the Salt Lake area. I love it here. But 50% sheltered knuckleheads for sure, especially as you move out to the fringe areas. Legit hill-folk.

Why couldn't he just focus on this dude being a massive POS? There's plenty to talk about without dragging a whole state into it. This article is stupid. The internet is stupid.

#326 napalm06, Mar 13, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    Easy, Killatron 2000, stefanb and 2 others like this.
  6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I was exactly that. At first I stated I hated both Russ and Utah fan so I was happy tongue in check. Then when people were really going at those involved personally I said sincerely, be patient before you pick a wrong/right side. In both cases I had impartial hate to both Russ and Utah Fan and asked for impartial patience for Russ and Utah Fan.

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Utah allowed women to vote before a lot of other areas did, Utah also pioneered an initiative to give homes to homeless people to help them on their feet. Utah, yes, is a great ball of weird to me, but this man's actions aren't scribed by him being a resident of that state.

Easy, sushimaster and napalm06 like this.
  8. napalm06

This dude is also a raging #MAGA stereotype. Clearly racist, super entitled, lies blatantly, plays the victim card.

Utah was (I might need to check this) the most anti-Trump red state during the Republican primaries. Utah likes immigration, has moderate views where you wouldn't expect, and speaks a high percentage of second and third languages due to Mormon missionary exposure abroad at a young age.

Things are more complicated than people want them to be. I don't think the chances are high that this guy is even Mormon, though I don't know. The most disgusting thing is that he's an ex-cop.

Let's just do the right thing and stick to bashing Jazz fans, and not the entire state. :p

9. Pizza_Da_Hut

I will say this about Mormons, anytime I've connected through the SLC airport their kids are super behaved. One time I saw a family who had a duck-like formation, dad in the front of the line, kids, then mom in the back making sure no one was left behind. Not sure what that religion teaches, but if it can get kids that well behaved they have to have some good points to it.

Also, apparently when I was 6/7 I was baptized mormon (although I have never gone to any services and all my knowledge of their religion comes from South Park) so I might be a bit biased here.

stefanb likes this.
  10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Not to discredit Mormons in any way but there are both good and bad parenting across all religions, cultures, etc. What you most likely saw were a couple that got their **** on lock in terms of parenting. I'm Catholic and I see what I consider ****ed-up-parenting from time to time at even at church.

The people that try to lump all Utah residents and Mormons together based on this incident are pretty ignorant. That being said, however, the issues/complaints that we've seen from players over the past few decades about the fans there do need to be looked at. One incident could be considered isolated, two might be coincidental, but you get a few more of them then...well...you know the rest.

Easy and napalm06 like this.
  11. napalm06

LOL. Mormon parents do tend to keep their kids pretty scheduled and involved in things, so there's that. South Park is a great source of information, we watch that at Sunday services. (No we don't).

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  12. Pizza_Da_Hut

If you said that these issues are intrinsic to the Jazz I would buy in. When a city heavily invests in a team, and it's a smaller market team there can be a ton of over the top fanatics there. I liken it to Portland and that sports scene. They are rabid dogs when it comes to the timbers, and it makes sense why. Literally you have the blazers, the timbers, and some low level hockey team and that's it. I mean, the closest thing they have to football is the Ducks or the Seahawks. That isolation can cause some madness.

steddinotayto likes this.
  13. Pizza_Da_Hut

Maybe I should do a little more research on my own about mormonism. When does the book of Mormon come to town again? I kid, I kid.

napalm06 likes this.
  14. napalm06

Agreed 100%. The irony in this is that OKC fans can be pretty nuts themselves. Small market, big team = crazy village idiots in the front rows.

There is clearly an issue with the people in Vivint Arena at the front rows, and there's been rumblings of it even going back to the 90s.

Typically when I go to games I'm in the upper deck, sometimes lower bowl behind the basket. Much more casual fans and atmosphere in those areas. The first 10 rows courtsides are full of super crazies making death threats to the refs after every foul call. I was at the game where the guy was banned for the James Harden laser pointer incident. Honestly I think they need to keep the season ticket holders on watch, and start purging the bad apples.

But 90% of the fans are friendly and the arena staff really talkative and thanks us for coming to games, even with Houston gear on.

#335 napalm06, Mar 13, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    steddinotayto and Pizza_Da_Hut like this.
  15. mig0s

mig0s Member

I should replace 'man' with Russell Westbrook. There's no a way a notorious athlete like Westbrook would say that to a woman for no reason. Also, insults don't mean they'll do something in real life. The Jazz fan would definitely never make Westbrook 'get on his knees' and Westbrook would probably not hit a woman.

You can hate Westbrook all you want but he has the right to verbally defend himself, against men or women

16. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

impartial hate, that's an oxymoron.

17. spark06

spark06 Member

So every time somebody insults you at your job or generally in life, ya'll go tell the boss or call the police? Bunch of p*****s. Westbrook needs to shut his yapper and get back to playing ball. If you are going to kick out people in the lower section for yelling obscenities then you better kick out the people in the nosebleed section too! Might end up having an empty arena if we hold every fan accountable. Being disrespected by fans is part of the territory of being a professional athlete sometimes and I find it hilarious that he says it's "not fair". Welcome to the real word, entitled *******.

stefanb likes this.
  18. SemisolidSnake

stefanb likes this.
  19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Thanks for bringing up these points. Conservative, yes. But moderate on many issues.