1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell Westbrook tells fan: "I'll f*ck you up, you and your wife"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Mar 11, 2019.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hell yeah.

Game7 likes this.
  2. lionaire

lionaire Member

Yeah its totally soft for someone to not tolerate racist/threatening remarks. Millennials amirite?

amaru, Pizza_Da_Hut, Sajan and 6 others like this.
  3. lionaire

lionaire Member

Some real clowns exposing themselves in this thread smh

BMoney, amaru, Sajan and 2 others like this.
  4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Some fans today were just as vile as fans in the past. Jazz fans are probably the most racist scum anywhere. Russ has the right to defend himself if he feels threatened, but he is a professional athlete that has to find a way to rise about the words hurled at him Greater athletes played in more difficult times and came out unscathed. So while Russ has the right to defend himself, he has to rise above this in the long run. Too bad Jazz fans are the worst to get any sympathy from me...

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

you know what they say
    [​IMG]

lionaire likes this.
  6. Slam Dunk

Slam Dunk Contributing Member

Jazz fans are garbage.

Bearded13 likes this.
  7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Good decisions.

Westbrook is still a punk and I hope he never wins anything.

Rodman23 likes this.
  8. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

All WB had to do was walk toward the man and cuff his ear like " You said what now?"... Guaranteed that fan would've shrunk and sat his ass down...Works for me in these streets!

fckbandwagons likes this.
  9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This situation is different in that the people you are describing here are peers. It's fair game between peers. But if the situation was that a bus official was getting into a profanity shouting match, even altercation, with a bus customer, then I can guarantee that he would be punished (likely fired) no matter what the other guy had said. You are the professional. You are supposed to keep your cool. If a customer is acting out of line, you deal with him in a professional way, such as asking security to remove the guy etc., rather than getting down to his level.

I understand that racism is an emotional issue. The reactions of a lot of people in this thread reflect those emotions. Our instinct is to beat up the bad guys. A lot of what great leaders like MLK advocated had been lost to this kind of emotions. But this is something that is supposed to be in the D&D which I avoid like I avoid the fire of hell.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The NBA should give the Jazz a warning to clean up that kind of crap with his fanbase. It's been too long.

AroundTheWorld and amaru like this.
  11. mig0s

mig0s Member

there is no way a man would say these things to a woman if she didn't say anything. Most likely the lady is as racist as her husband or she wouldn't be with him. Being a woman does not give you the right to swear racial slurs.
    What should he say to a disrespectful woman who's throwing personal insults and racial slurs? 'I hope they mess up your nails next time you go to a nail salon'?

She does not deserve mercy just because she's a woman. Hope she gets banned too

macho GRANDE and rantsolpuella13 like this.
  12. mig0s

mig0s Member

I wonder how the ban works. There's like 20k people every game and they don't check ID's. He can justnput on a beard, glasses and a hat and buy tickets under a fake name

macho GRANDE likes this.
  13. nomiz1987

nomiz1987 Member

All these ppl who are saying that russ should take the higher road bla bla bla. You don't realize russ prob gets insulted by fans every game. There's only so much a man can take especially if it's racist and over the line, things like you suck or whatever is pretty much the norm.

Secondly if he doesn't react it just reinforces the fans belief that it's ok to yell racist **** at games with no consequences and it'll influence other fans into believing it's ok as well.

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Dayum. Human trash.

This seals it for me. Never liked Westbrook but I'll take his side on this 100 times out of 100.

Hopefully this will spark arenas to deal with complete douchebaggery from fans. Something they've never done in sports.

gatsby, Sajan and rantsolpuella13 like this.
  15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I don't judge or form opinions of members here based on what they post in the GARM but this thread is definitely showing a lot of true colors.

I can't believe some are comfortable in hating a basketball player enough to make up excuses to defend that racist's words/actions.

#295 steddinotayto, Mar 12, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    Bearded13, Reeko, Sajan and 1 other person like this.
  16. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

17. rantsolpuella13

Supporting Member

The outcomes to this situation were justified and good for the NBA for both sides.

Although I don’t blame Westbrook one single bit for yelling at that racist guy and his partner, I do think it was appropriate to fine him $25K for the threat. Regardless of what was occurring he shouldn’t have said something like that to either the man or the woman. It just leads fools like that dude and other sympathizers to try to use the words against you. I don’t blame him for not being “perfect” like MLK/Jackie Robinson. Everyone has a breaking point, and to just say he should shut up is completely pathetic.

The NBA needs to figure out better processes and training to allow visiting/home players to notify security or other employees about problem fans before an issue escalated.

As for the guy who did that junk I hope he doesn’t get to see a single Jazz game in person for the rest of his life. What a vile individual and selfish human troll. Racism/homophobia can’t and shouldn’t be tolerated and fans who see that need to speak up.

I think the NBA should consider steps to sanction teams if they do not keep control of their fans and allow for repetitive racist/sexist/bigoted/etc. to be used. This is done in some European soccer clubs. Won’t solve everything, but will put the onus on the teams to get their act together. Stuff like this needs to be stopped.

Yes players make a lot of money but no amount of money should subject someone to verbal abuse by anyone. Especially during a game. Booing and jeering players is fine, but going beyond that needs to be rightfully banned and people removed immediately.

18. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Scary statement because it's completely false.

AroundTheWorld, Nook and napalm06 like this.
  19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

amaru likes this.
  20. PhiSlammaJamma