1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell Westbrook tells fan: "I'll f*ck you up, you and your wife"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Mar 11, 2019.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Westbrook did the right thing. Hell it still would have been the right thing if he went up in the stands and b**** slapped that guy. An excessive beating would have been the wrong thing.

As they say "b****es get stitches" and "talk ****, get hit".

And the other loser Jazz fans around this guy should have done something too. **** them also.

2. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Ok, so if Westbrook went up there and slapped the guy AND the girl that would be okay too then right since threatening both the man and the woman with violence is acceptable?

3. majicdonjuan

majicdonjuan Member

Was she talking ****?

macho GRANDE likes this.
  4. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Lmao this guy is a racism apologist

Good thread to fill up the ignore list. These idiots showing their true colors

Emtenndo and YOLO like this.
  5. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Let's assume she was.

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I have no problem with it. Maybe it's not the best course of action, but it's ok with me. A slap might be a little excessive, but certainly a hard push or a solid collar grab and shaking is good.

The douche only said stuff because he thought he could get away with it and he thought there would be no consequences. If he was right next to Westbrook he wouldn't say **** and he would act like the b**** that he is. It would be like that confrontation with Austin Rivers and that heckler.

If we were in a regular situation like at a bus stop or even if we were just playing a game of pick up basketball and I was talking a lot of **** like to you then I wouldn't be surprised if you did something back to me physically.

STORY TIME....I mean I just had a drunk situation like this with a couple of my friends (one we will loosely call a friend) during a fantasy baseball draft at my house lol. I've known these guys since college and one guy gets drunk and will talk too much **** when he gets drunk. The ******* guy starts focusing on another guy in the group who isn't as big as him. Starts talking about his wife and other **** that is over the line. Eventually my smaller friend pushes the drunk guy to the ground. The drunk guy is like completely dumbstruck and saying "oh I was just playing man I didn't mean it blah blah". We made his ride come and get him after that and I told him people get pissed off if you talk about their wives and family and don't be such a stupid *******. Long story short he's not allowed in my house again and I've got some wood floor to fix lol.

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

where were you with the Indian and his stupid drum? I'm a liberal but that railroading was pathetic and ended up hurting the cause.

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

ipaman isn't wrong with what he said. Just because he doesn't immediately condemn something that he isn't 100% sure happened then that doesn't make him a racist apologist. If more info comes out and he still denies it then maybe you are right.

I trust Westbrook's side of the story because Utah fans are trash and that fan's twitter is filled with bullshit.

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

don't you think openly and blatantly racist POS'es doesn't deserve to be TOLD that they are gonna get "fuked up"?

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Both guys are dickheads.

But LOL @ Westbrook calling himself "humble".

Game7 likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

prove that he's a blatant racist. Most of the tweets posted have been photoshopped and can't be found in the twitter archive. If they were real I'd be all for this which hunt

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I said if he was the poster i was responding to more or less believed he was.

But its really upto what wb and his teammates believed at that time seeing hearing it all go down in person and in realtime

14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

My take after briefly looking at the first page is that I don't give a **** .

A fan said something that pissed WB off and WB told him he would **** him up .

Nothing actually happened . Just players and fans jawing . Granted , threats are a little beyond "your momma so fat" type trash talk that is the norm .....

But I've seen people snap at a clear joke like that too .

"Get down on your knees like you used to" to me has nothing to do with race and is an attempt to make a joke about WB sucking dick . If anything it's homophobic vs racist .... but what do I know lol

AroundTheWorld and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

That dude was definitely a racist, homophobic scumbag based off his twitter account that he promptly deleted after people found it

16. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

Like I said, I have no problem with Westbrook talking back to the man. I just have a hard time rationalizing someone saying they're going to "f*** up" a woman. That doesn't mean she shouldn't suffer any consequences for her actions, I just think Westbrook went too far. Keep in mind, there are tons of young, impressionable kids (many of which idolize Westbrook, I'm sure) watching their favorite player threatening to beat up a woman. I don't think there's a place for that. I don't think there's a place for racism either. One party can be more at fault, but that doesn't mean what Westbrook said was right.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Ok ...

I mean I'm not concerned with his personal life .

My comment was directed at the "incident" that happened at the game .

The fan crossed the line with his "banter" and Russ threatened to **** him and his family up .

But nothing actually happened other than words being exchanged .

As for where the NBA moves on from here , maybe Utah needs to revisit its arena security/ monitoring ..... and Russ needs to chill out a bit . Words from some random loser in Utah shouldn't effect Russ' happiness .

At the end of the day , there could be guys much worse than this particular fan but they didn't pay for seat close enough so that players can hear them . This fan wanted to **** talk Westbrook the whole game and he paid for the seat to do it . If he crossed a line , Russ can tell someone and an arena usher can come talk to the fan . Or .... he can chirp back .

IMO it's not a big deal

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I wasn't asking you to give anyone a pass, I was asking you to be the better fan versus Jazz fans. I'm a Mormon who is a Rockets fan and doesn't like Utah people. Why should I care about your random opinions on what % of the South is racist and religious gold plates jokes?

This type of cherry picking information and ignoring dissenting opinions is exactly what leads to the type of atmosphere you claim to hate about Utah. You don't get to write paragraphs of bash propaganda and then hide behind the word "if".

Guess what, black people are bad "IF" they're bad people... Mormons are bad "IF" they are bad people... the word "IF" doesn't imply that any group "IS" something.

IF you want to go any further on this, tag me in D&D. There's no point in promoting your agenda because Westbrook and a fan yelled at each other. My issue isn't with you, it's that your rambling is going to reflect badly on me, and I got nothing to do with this.

#198 napalm06, Mar 12, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    peleincubus likes this.
  19. Juxtaposed Jolt

The amount of ridiculousness in this thread, smh.

Westbrook may be a fiery guy, but this is the first time he's been caught threatening a woman. Instead of thinking rationally, everyone rushes to defend the woman, for some reason. Obviously, I don't know Westbrook personally, but I find it hard to believe that a person of sound mind and character would randomly threaten men or women, even in the heat of the moment, without being provoked. This isn't some Ron Artest situation where his reputation as a jackass or a bad character puts a big question mark on the entire incident. There's nothing about Westbrook's character that would indicate that'd he'd actually hurt people. Slapping a phone and slightly pushing away a fan who gets to close, does not a violent encounter make. No matter how much you Westbrook-haters wish it so.

Being a woman doesn't give you the right to say or do whatever you want without consequence.

So, in general, just because someone is a woman, this would entitle her to pretty much say or do anything without repercussion?

If, in this situation, the woman was not only racist, but started talking **** about Westbrook's son, wife or family members, and kept at it all game, this would be okay?

I've said it before, and it's been echoed by other CFers - being a woman shouldn't grant you special privileges. You want to talk ****, feel free to do so. Just be prepared for the consequences.

The fan literally was interviewed on ESPN and given plenty of time to explain his side of the story. This isn't David vs Goliath, here. There's been one falsified tweet, and the fan actually deleted his entire twitter account. Why do that if you have nothing to hide, or don't have enough time to delete all your terrible tweets before you get investigated?

Westbrook is a repeat offender...of what, exactly? Even as polarizing as the Hardens, LeBrons, Durants and the Irvings are, you don't see fans get up in their faces or say bad things to them.

You just seem like a Westbrook hater. Which is fine, but you're letting that bleed over into your arguments in this incident.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member