1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell Westbrook pushes fan after Thunder's loss to Nuggets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tehG l i d e, Feb 2, 2018.

1. joeson332

joeson332 Member

if he sat there, 10K is nothing to him.

2. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I wonder if the NBA will do anything.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It's tough to blame Westbrook for pushing the guy (not much of a push), although he might wind up with a fine.

Sorry, I'm all for getting worked up as a fan and happy to beat a good team, but some of these fans, I swear. These incidents can escalate quickly.

There was some Lakers fan at Toyota Center on January 31. Just loud, and dogging Harden the entire game. (Had the same low-brow look as Westbrook's Denver fan, come to think of it). Thought for sure the dude would get a beat-down on the way out of the arena (and would have looked the other way had I witnessed it). I was tempted to check the news that night: "Lakers fan deserves beatdown, gets it on LaBranch."

malakas likes this.
  4. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Oops

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hahahahah! AWESOME

BamBam likes this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and the ball

Jontro and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  7. Juxtaposed Jolt

Westbrook shouldn't be blamed for any of this.

The fault lies with the fan. If not him, then fault lies with the security personnel, who clearly fell asleep on the job. Anything within the court / within the out-of-bounds boundaries should be cause for concern, if a fan were to do that to a player.

Worst case scenario: the fan is riled enough to do something bad. Best case scenario: the fan screams random things at the player. In both of these situations, personal boundaries should be established.

That makes zero sense. Can I, as a fan who paid 10k for seats, run onto the court whenever I want to, provided it doesn't mess with the flow of the game? Can I run up to players as they're dribbling the ball up the floor and scream in the their face? It's my right! I paid money for these seats!

After all, I'm not touching the players!

Hell, if I paid $25 for nosebleed seats, why can't I also run down to the court and do the same thing? I paid for the right to be there! IT'S MY RIGHT!

#47 Juxtaposed Jolt, Feb 2, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    Patience, Vivi, malakas and 1 other person like this.
  8. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Honestly westbrook didnt really do anything. He just slightly shoved him out of the way then looked around for security.

malakas likes this.
  9. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Just saw it. The fan was just standing there cheering, wasn't even saying anything. Russ was the one walking towards him. IMO he didn't have to push him, I bet most other players wouldn't have.

I don't think the fan should be banned or anything like that, court side fans get carried away with emotion and step on the floor all the time, and security usually guides them back.

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

pheww...i feel better now brah.. i suspected that was you....

11. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Nah i wasnt in denver last night. You’ll find me body slamming curry after a W in houston in the WCF

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  12. Game7

Game7 Member

This is the fault of security at the arena for not having that guy under control. They are standing right there and didn't do anything until Russ pushed him.

BUT Russ has no right to put his hand on that fan. In the real world, we call that assault. If he isn't suspended, it sends a pretty strange message concerning contact with fans.

13. Game7

Game7 Member

At the risk of sounding like a preschool teacher, 2 wrongs don't make a right. This shouldn't need to be said.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

westbrook did nothing wrong. hes where hes supposed to be and has every right to protect himself. what bc hes a "fan" he can step on the court and yell in a players face. that shouldn't need to be said.

Can't say the same about the fan though. He put himself in that position

malakas likes this.
  15. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

Reggie Miller saying...that fan is lucky he didn’t get knocked out...no he is very unfortunate to have not been knocked out by WB.

16. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

You pay enough money to be sitting courtside you get to do whatever you please. Yell/Scream/Holler/Breathe at players.

You guys are talking from personal perspective and yes if someone came up to me I would do the same however this isn't equal vs equal we are talking about. Westbrook is being paid to do his job and hitting his customers isn't one of them.

17. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

Where/when/how was this fat guy running? Was he doing a Rudy Tomjanovich run at Kermit type move? No you guys are all exaggerating this incident so intensely - it's absurd.

Where did I say it is OK to disturb a player while the game is on? This game was OVER.... ZERO TIME ON THE CLOCK. Get your facts straight before comparing two entirely different scenarios.

Westbrook should have went back to his locker room but instead he felt the need to find the game ball and probably walk near this fan who was talking **** to him the entire night. I can guarantee Westbrook wouldn't have been there had he WON or had this fan said nothing throughout the game. Westbrook lost and took his frustration out on this courtside sitting fan.

Also, if you ever sat courtside before you would know the difference between sitting there and nose bleeds. Special perks for the privileged.

18. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Can't blame westbrook on this one, anyone in his situation could've reacted this way or could've been escalated to a punch being thrown.

malakas likes this.
  19. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I’m the opposite of a Westbrook fan but I see nothing at all wrong with what he did there. Fans can’t come on the court.

malakas likes this.
  20. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Ariza was clearly provoked and he got two games for going into the locker room.

Westbrook may have been provoked, but he put his hands on a fan. Bad look.

slothy420, Deckard and Game7 like this.