1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russ: I’m the best rebounder, passer, best defender at my position

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by dream2franchise, Dec 30, 2018.

1. dream2franchise

2. xaos

xaos Member

I'd believe him if he wasn't wearing his Beetlejuice outfit

D-rock, dreamshakin, TMac'n and 15 others like this.
  3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't blame him for believing in himself. He should think that

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I Iove to root against Russ and OKC, but I legit like this guy. I love his unabashed confidence in himself (despite his trash play). He has zero f-cks to give. I wish Harden would tell the media to go f-ck themselves like Russ.

If you remember, Russ wasn't a top recruit coming out of high school, he didn't start in college. I think he willed himself into the player he is today. He's a stubborn knucklehead. No one is going to tell Russ who he is or isn't. I respect that.

Furthermore, Bruh..

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol

lw17 likes this.
  6. dream2franchise

I'm here for the confidence!!

There's a line between confidence and being disillusioned.

Elephant810, Sajan and D-rock like this.
  7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He forgot to say that he also was best at his position to get his teammates to box out for him.

8. farhen

farhen Member

no big deal, actions speaks louder than words anyways

don grahamleone likes this.
  9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Shut the **** up and win some meaningful games Westbrook.

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

What a delusional idiot.

lw17 likes this.
  11. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

he is indeed the best rebounder and a pretty damn good passer. haven't watched him enough this year to comment on the D, but he knows for damn sure he isn't the best scorer lmao

D-rock likes this.
  12. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

just curious, where in the video or in any other did westbrook tell the media to go f-ck themselves? he usually just seems pissed off and snarky. and when has harden ever folded to the media? did you not see just this week when he said he'd be winning back to back MVPs?

rgw20014life and D-rock like this.
  13. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Best rebounder, yes(among active players, in the history I would say Fat Lever is better); Best passer, no; Best defender, LOL.

He literally gave DSJ an unguarded layup which became a game winner in tonight's game.

don grahamleone and RayRay10 like this.
  14. Wylo

Wylo Member

Russ probably think he's the best passer because he's leading the league in assists, but that's like Lowry saying he's the best passer because at one time he also lead the league in assists.

Jason Kidd didn't average double digit assists for a lot of seasons, but was still considered the best playmaker in the game. The quality of assists matters too, not just quantity. In that aspect, CP3, John Wall, and Rondo are all better passers than Russ (not counting Harden)

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  15. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

16. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Ref or jail outfit thumbnail

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Westbrook c-ks the media at every turn with his snark and how dismissive he is to their questions and they love him for it. They love him because he abuses them. "Go F-ck yourself" is how he generally treats the media, not that he is actually saying the words. They got gifs of it for goodness sake.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Harden doesn't fold to the media, he just takes the abuse and ignores it. Harden has only lashed out once against Mchale and has only acknowledged he listen to the bullsh-t takes on a Players Tribune interview over the summer. Only recently, when he said he receives hate, is one of the very very very rare moments he has kind of pushed back.

The way Harden plays, and the disrespect he receives, he should be saying "f-ck you" to the media all the time. Harden is a chill guy, so I assume he doesn't care so he it allows the media to continue to get away with it.

Russ plays a trash style of basketball, you will get very few people in the media criticizing Russ because he won't take it like Harden.

Lawlruschang and BigMaloe like this.
  18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

This isn't as bad as LeBron saying that he considered himself the GOAT after winning that championship in Cleveland.

adw, rgw20014life and lw17 like this.
  20. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member