1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russ claims recent reports fabricated on IG

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Nov 13, 2020.

1. clos4life

clos4life Member

I
    It proves that anyone with half a brain would want to get out of Houston like they owed lots of money and not because of fabricated stories. Thanks Fertits!

Ziggy likes this.
  2. vator

vator Contributing Member

Russ is not friendly to people he has issues with. There are plenty of instances where we've seen this play out on the basketball court. KD initially and Patrick Beverley come to mind right away. All the reports that came out claimed there were issues between Russ and James. Issues so bad that they didn't want to play with each other anymore and that James wanted Russ traded out of Houston. The James Harden can't play nice and ran off another superstar narrative was in full effect. Also that Russ demanded a trade because of Harden. The Harden culture was poisoning the team narrative was in full effect and he was a diva that was given whatever he wanted. There were reports that James wanted to play with Wall over Westbrook. Woj himself even reported that. Obviously, that was BS too considering James didn't want anything to do with Wall.

I always said if Harden is such a horrible person and bad teammate, why were his former coach and general manager willing to give up so much to trade for him? These stories that were being fed to us by the media and their "sources" were one-sided propaganda hit pieces. Plain and simple. For what purpose? Who knows. Clicks? People from the outside trying to drive his trade value down? The Rockets organization leaking things to make themselves look better in the court of public opinion? I don't claim to know the why. I just can see much of this was exaggerated and in some instances completely fabricated.

3. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Yah, that’s absolutely sound logic...

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. riko

riko Member

Didn’t the athletic report Harden was the first domino to fall? He wanted out first and then Russ followed suit?

5. vator

vator Contributing Member

There was a report that eventually came out that provided a different spin on how everything played out, but it was much later than all the other hit pieces that were taken as fact. The damage had been done already. "A lie can travel halfway around the world before the truth puts on its shoes."

6. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

People called me crazy -
    Morey - once Tillman didn’t have his back after the whole China deal
    Coach - once he didn’t reach a contract extension
    Harden
    Russ

7. riko

riko Member

Yep the nonsense about them not wanting to play was hogwash. Russ decided if Harden is going then I’m not gonna be left standing with the bag.

8. riko

riko Member

I think Dantoni was gone before Morey but the whole Russ and Harden was James told Russ I want out and Russ pretty much decided to follow

9. clos4life

clos4life Member

Thank you, I agree!;)

Kevooooo likes this.