1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumors: an EGo trade, it might be brewing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeBeards, Aug 4, 2021.

1. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Go for the gold baby!

2. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Couldn't agree more. Everyone is concerned about them blocking younger players' playing time. The one good thing about Wall and Gordon is that you can count on them to miss significant time. Cash them in for good assets if you can, but don't force anything. They will each miss at least half of the year. Hopefully, they will be healthy early so the youngsters can get their feet wet. Eventually, they will get injured and we can ramp up everyone else's minutes. If they come back, we will have a good idea of where everyone is and decide who deserves to keep minutes and who doesn't. I think Gordon and Wall can actually a good thing at this point in time.

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

This. 1000x this. His defenders will say "Gordon always starts off slow but he picks it up around January". Sure he picks it up in January but what about the other months of the season?

4. Rockets4Life13

I've heard people argue that his percentage is bad because he's far out but... just get closer if you suck at shooting long threes

kjayp and steddinotayto like this.
  5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

LOL

Here's Gordon's shooting splits as a Rocket from 3:

2016/2017:
    October: 31.8
    November: 40
    December: 45.7
    January: 29.9
    February: 34.3
    March: 37.6
    April: 26.7

2017/2018:
    October: 30.2
    November: 32.7
    December: 38.5
    January: 31.7
    February: 32.5
    March: 47.7
    April: 27.3

2018/2019
    October: 23.4
    November: 34.5
    December: 28.7
    January: 38.1
    February: 33
    March: 45.3
    April: 46

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I like the other Kelly O much better.

DeBeards, Richie_Rich, Bids9 and 3 others like this.
  7. jch1911

jch1911 Member

#213 All-time in 3pt FG % (.3677)

8. Rokman

Rokman Member

I have always liked Oubre. Had him on my fantasy team 2 years ago and he was a stats filler. Was consistent. That being said, I have no idea how efficient he is or whether he is smart. Like his personality and style though. Would be fun to have with our young guns running and gunning out there.

DeBeards, Mr.Scary and Htown Legend like this.
  9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Hate to see Splash play for GS so I’m gonna need Moses Moody thrown in.

10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

EG's efficiency goes way up when he's your sixth man... role player.

Yes, he could still start for some teams, but you increase the risk of injury and screw up his efficiency when blowing up his minutes. ( while utilizing his full versatility)

#90 Plowman, Aug 4, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
    mikenm268 and tycoonchip like this.
  11. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

WCF Game 7 2-12 (16.7%)

12. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I want them to cut in that development time. I want one more lottery pick next year. Bring in a fun exciting tank

13. DonatelloLimestone

@Rockets4Life13

He inconsistent or a streaky shooter
    but for defense purposes hes still a shooter as in he still gets guaraded as shooter which means spacing and they twill still stay on him. he has the touch, despite his percentage hes still a threat to hit the next one and has done so.

so the main benefit is the spacng and defense which EG still provides.

14. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

I’m ok taking a shot at an Oubre. EGo, if he’s here for leadership, find that in guys like DJ Augustin etc.

15. kiwirocketsfan

What's the least Oubre can make to have this work because I'd keep EGo unless we are saving some good money and clearing future space.

Give him a 1year deal at the least possible salary to make this work.

16. VoR

VoR Member

They just want Oubre to form the All Hair All Stars.

17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Gordon is a proven good player . But he’s not a superstar , it’s not guaranteed he’s an impact even on his off-nights .

pseudo star depending on health and form . I’d trade him to GS , not sure about the fit though . Do they want guard depth ?

I don’t really want oubre . But I’d take one of their recent lottery picks if that was the deal . We can include proven streak shooter and booty hunter Danuel house and / or sign and trade DJ Wilson +/- the other DJ .

18. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

Based on what I’ve read, I think Oubre wants more than what EGo makes. This isn’t a money saving move, this would be trying to reset EGo with a 25 year old version who does similar things.

I think EGo is better, but Oubre’s age does make more sense. I just don’t want to lock into a player I think is a little worse than EGo for similar or more money when neither is likely a long term part of the team.

19. vator

vator Contributing Member

Probably been too busy dismembering people.

@DissMember I’m sorry it was just a joke. Going back to like your post right now. Please don’t kill me, chop me up and stuff me in the freezer next to the pizza rolls.

20. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Am I the only one that thinks EG is actually a good fit on this team? I think he’s a positional need but that the roster is flexible enough to be ok when he’s injured. We’re not making the playoffs anyway and hes that bench veteran that can be a mentor to the young guys.