1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor: T-mac to be sent to NY

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sofine81, Dec 28, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

am prepared for the flaming and the ruined reputation if this doesn’t happen. But I heard from an individual who works around the Rockets that there may be trade that would send T-Mac to New York.

We would get Larry Hughes and Curry

So let the flaming and doubter begin what they do :grin:

2. Omer

Omer Member

ROFL this would be a hell of a trade for the Knicks.

3. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

Just passing along what I heard. That is why I like this site, because you hear things like this from posters.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Unless there is another piece thrown in, I don't see the Rockets taking on this package.

I can see the Rockets take on Curry's contract for some incentive, but Larry Hughes is not incentive enough, not according to Morey's history.

5. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

WOW, I think the board might explode if this is true...give me Harrington instead of Hughes and I MIGHT be able to sleep at night.

6. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I'm so sick of these lame ass T-Mac to NY trade rumors. None of them have been even remotely realistic from a Rockets POV.

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I would do tmac for curry hughes and their number, except they lost it.

8. mi0304

mi0304 Member

:mad: Then, Curry is going to be our starting C?

9. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

No one is forcing you to read them.

10. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

Mcgrady reportedly has been rumored to get traded to the knicks for 3 years now.

1 person likes this.
  11. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

You're "friend" probably just caught wind of the same rumors that have been fabricated since last summer involving the Knicks.

I don't see anyway Morey would do that as is. There is nothing on the Knicks that could possibly entice the Rockets.

12. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Oh god... not "Please stop shooting Larry Hughes" and "Eddy the Best center not named Ericka Dampier Curry"

sigh I hope that we can get better than that for his expiring.

13. raj87

raj87 Member

Like Jonathan Feigen has repeated many times:

"The Houston Rockets are not interested in assisting the New York Knicks in acquiring the services of LeBron James"

14. OldSchool34

OldSchool34 Member

I'd take Harrington over Hughes and then the trade would be decent. If you guys are complaining about Ariza, wait till you see Hughes. I like Harrington though, he first came out of the league as an above average defender, he's a solid 3 point shooter, can post up, he can do a lot, versatile player.

15. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

How about they assist us in becoming better team by giving the young talents in exchange of Mac? who is young talented there? i can't name it

16. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Really, people? The only Knick whom I would have a remote interest is Gallinari. That's it. As long as he's not mentioned in the trade talks, we have no reason to trade with New York, which means no more idiotic Curry or Jeffires to Houston blah blah.

17. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

I have made maybe 3 threads in the 6 or 7 years I have had my account. The only reason I even made it this thread was because it seemed pretty legit.
    I know as fans we feel like we should/could get more. But in real NBA business, this sounded so real.

I think if we do make a trade, that it will be like this, which is why I believe the person who passed it on to me.

18. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

BS!! Lock it.

19. herro

herro Member

this same rumor has been tossed around for a long, long time

I can't even fathom Morey taking on 2 chumps for McGrady...look at Curry's contract....

what a joke.

I could see us dealing with Toronto, Golden State, Sacramento, Memphis, Miami, or Washington

20. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

If this is the best deal to be had, then I think Morey would just let Tracy's contract expire.