1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rumor] Rockets after Amar'e Stoudemire

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets934life, Jun 30, 2010.

1. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Amare would still be an elite power forward without Steve Nash. He has a very nice face up game that would age well. Also, to get an elite or consistent all star performer you have to be willing to pay the max or close to it.

2. spaceage808

spaceage808 Member

U mean the g state deal with Marvin Williams lol couldn't resist. What g state deal ?

3. Breaker

Breaker Member

http://twitter.com/tommydeetkb

Not sure how reliable this guy is though. Everyone on the Knicks board is bashing the guy like a pinata on Cinco De Mayo.

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I am viciously opposed to Amare Stoudamire, without Nash, he's not a great enough offensive player to make up for all of his shortcomings.

Bad Attitude
    Average Rebounder
    Refuses to play defense
    Injury Prone
    Expensive

If we can't get Bosh i would rather go at it with the team we have than add this guy, I don't question Morey often, but I would really question giving this guy a monster contract.

1 person likes this.
  5. Htownplaya94

Htownplaya94 Member

The same trade would me made to get stoudemire as was proposed in february at the deadline.

6. Egghead

Egghead Member

I remember reading somewhere that the Suns really like Chase ab/c they saw him play at Arizona alot. Chase has a good relationship with Steve Kerr..both are from the San Diego area and both went to UA. Even though Steve Kerr got fired..I'm pretty sure the front office knows alot about Budinger..

My guess is Budinger would be included in a deal with PHX :(

7. jedicro

jedicro Member

I would rather we go into the season with the team we got, then use our expirings (which will have far greater value then), Knick picks, and mountain of young power forwards to ease out another border-line all star who is making less than the max from some terrible 20 win team.

Maybe if Al Jefferson doesn't get traded yet. Or, go for Jefferson now. He's not a great defender either, but he's not making close to 30 million.

Sigining Amare for insane money, who is a headcase and horrible defender, sounds like a recipe for disaster.

8. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

That would be great for the Rockets. The Knicks will be halfway to mediocrity if they sign Amare to a max contract.

9. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Hype, Hype, Hype. Dont buy into it!!! What exactly makes Amare's attitude bad? Elaborate on "injury prone" too. Expensive? (Anytime you get a elite player ur going to spend $$$) Maybe his defense is suspect, but so is Bosh's. That's why we have Chuck Hayes.

Is it me, or some of you are really overhyping Chris Bosh

10. DVauthrin

Good luck getting a bad team to move a cheap borderline all star for anything less than a kings ransom. Especially if it's a younger player. If it's an older player, they aren't going to have a pretty contract either(see Antawn Jamison for example).

Al Jefferson makes 13 million dollars next season, while Amare would make about 16 million. Furthermore, considering Jefferson isn't a free agent, you would have to give the Wolves more talent to get Jefferson than the Suns for Stoudemire. Worrying about Amare's salary in 2015-2016 as a reason for not pursuing him is foolish in my opinion.

11. Breaker

Breaker Member

Another source saying the same thing.

http://twitter.com/BenjaminHochma

Dice v2.0

12. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Amare and Yao will miss a combined 60+ games.

13. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Lots of rumors that Amar'e has agreed to sign with the Knicks. If they don't get LeBron, that'll be interesting to watch.

14. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

How is Bosh injury prone compared to Amare? Bosh playes about 70-75 games every season. He's never been out for nearly half the season like Amare.
    Amare played in 55 games in 03-04, 3 games in 05-06, 53 games 08-09.

15. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Along with the above rumor about Amar'e signing with NY...

Gambo620 I do not expect a sign and trade to happen for Amare. I also believe that he has a max contract offer on table from Knicks right now.

16. jedicro

jedicro Member

[​IMG]

17. DVauthrin

Martin was not cheap to the Kings. He makes 11 million this year, 12 million in 2011-2012 and 13 million in 2012-2013.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He might be, but just so you know, Steve Kerr is no longer with the Suns...he is back announcing basketball games for TNT.

DD

19. jedicro

jedicro Member

13 isn't 20(average). Saying its only 16 is moronic. It goes up significantly every year as he gets older and older.

I'd much rather have a bunch of near star players at 10-13 than one guy who is making 20 and be forced to trade away the talent we have.

Look if I was convinced Amare would make us instant contenders I would do it. But I'm not. He disapears, is an inconsitent rebounder, and his scoring is Nash inflated. I don't mean he's not a good or even great offensive player, I just mean that he's not as good as he looks since he's playing in an up tempo system with the greatest passer of this generation. Add in to that the fact that he's 28, has a long history of injuries, and is defensively r****ded and I pretty much want to stay away.

And if Scola's post trade performance wasn't a fluke, then how much better is Amare than him anyways? He averaged 19 and 9 once he was no longer platooning with Landry. You want to replace him with a headcase who will give you a few more points at triple the cost while playing less defense than yao did last year?

Pass.

20. jedicro

jedicro Member

And why did I say Martin makes 13M, I meant 11-12.