1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RUMOR: Mobley, Griffin and Nachbar to Celtics?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketsfan03, Oct 23, 2003.

1. ragingFire

ragingFire Contributing Member

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Exactly! Great post Clutch!

3. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Battie's Stupid "Battie Forever" tattoo: Reason enough not to do the trade.

4. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

more of JVG air the dirty laundry in public policy, plenty of coaches try it, i suppose we just aren't used to it, rudy used to keep everything critical/motivating behind closed doors

5. Possum

Possum Member

From reading boston fans opinions of Battie he sounds exactly what VG said he is looking for in a backup 4.

Another thing, I think everyone here has always overated Cat. Yea you can say he's a 20 ppg player but look at the facts. He played over 40 minutes per game and had a green light to shoot whenever he wanted. Not to mention our teams werent very good. Does anyone think he would average anything close to that playing for another team that played a more controlled style?

I'm not saying I like this trade just that its not as bad as some of you are making it out to be. Has anyone considereed this. No one really knows how bad the EG situation really is. As far as we know CD could be convivced Eddie really wont ever have the drive to live up to his potential. We also would be getting an expiring contract for next year.

6. aries323

aries323 Member

Are You Sure that this information is correct?

Cause I really REALLY HOPE so.:( :mad: :confused:

7. RedHonda76

RedHonda76 Member

I agree. Cat is way too overrated in this forum. Most of the SG are better than him. He's only good for the cheap money he makes.

8. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

We've heard next to nothing this offseason. If anything JVG has sealed up the leaks better than Rudy ever did.

If we jumped to conclusions with a trade rumor that sounded completely implausible, then I would say this accusation is something for conspiracy theorists. If JVG wanted to motivate them, why wouldn't he concoct a more reasonable sounding trade rumor? Usually the simplest explanation is correct.

9. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Possum, Cat is not overrated. He could do good for any championship contending team. I have discussed this before with many of my friends, and I am still convinced that if Minnesota had Cat last year in the playoffs instead of Wally Szerbiatch, they would have won that series against the Lakers.

Cat is a type of player u need in the playoffs. Yao and Steve are not as good as Shaq and Kobe, or KG and Spree, or Duncan and Parker, or Nowitski and Nash. And even all those duos have help w/ a great supporting casts now. U take away Cat, and who's gonna score when they double team Steve and Yao in the fourth quarter of close games? The shooters that they keep talking about in 610? U think Piatowski is gonna step up, or Jim Jackson, or some other role player we have now? U are not always gonna get an open shot, u have to be able to find a way to score sometimes in the 4th quarter. Cat will show his worth this year in the playoffs.:cool:

Besides, if Clutch thinks this deal sucks, knowing how much he dislikes Cat, if must suck;)

10. SmeggySmeg

you missed the francis home run stories in the chron and the ensuing blow up on the board

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. To see if this has been a trial balloon to send the message that these guys are, in fact, in play on the trade market.

Both Cat and EG would seem to be a good fit in Indy, for example. Cat would fit nicely in Toronto and EG in Chicago. Lots of destinations would work.

I, too, can 'handle' either or both (Boki, too) being traded -- but I expect a very good return on them. A whole lot more than the Boston players mentioned (both of whom I like, but not at the cost cited).

12. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Those stories were from JVG quotes to the media. Doc Robert's right that we haven't heard too much he didn't want us to hear.

13. oldman

oldman Contributing Member

who do you think we could get from indy and chicago? artest? harrington? fizer? and for who?

14. SmeggySmeg

yeah but rudy never called his players out in the media, when did feigan ever publish any critical quotes from the rudy, never , it was always kept behind closed doors

that's the stuff i mean, the francis home run stuff and leaking this trade to motivate Cat etc (if that is what was done) this not something the previous coaching staff did that was all i meant by airing dirty laundry

15. SmeggySmeg

how would EG fit in Chicago one the worst i can think of they have Chandler and Fizer at the 4 and Pippen, E Rob at the 3 and Marshall floating between the two spots and i am not sure who Eggie beats out for a spot

16. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Did anybody hear Mobley on 610? when asked about the trade rumor he was saying 'its no big deal. the best of the best are traded. its a business. he understands'

guys the Cat sounded like he expects to be traded soon.

17. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

One is a gloves off approach with the press, which 99% of the time is harmless and keeps the rabid fans like us in the know.

The other is premeditated manipulation of his players, which is a rather evil thing to be accussing him of.

Those are very different.

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I wonder if Rox would take Marshall or EddieRob if they could pry Crawford, too, for EG and Cat (I'd prefer Marshall, but might do either).

Indy? EG for Bender? Indy jumps at it, IMO. EG for Artest, in a complicated trade exception deal with Bender or Foster and Cat? Yeah, I think so.

I think Indy wants to develop a 4, and play Harrington and/or Bender at the 3...get rid of Artest...and get a shooter.

I have no clue what Bulls want other than to dump out of Robinson and Marshall. They seem clueless on Crawford. He + Francis + JJax or Pike = a backcourt which would bring smiles to my ugly face.

19. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

What a rip off for the Rockets.

They should just stand pat for now.

They're starting to come around, winning 3 straight preseason games.

Plus, I'm kinda liking Cato at PF. :eek:

20. SmeggySmeg

huh ... a rather evil thing do is using WMD

others commented earlier the trade rumour may have been put out their to motivate the players and i just said that, and the critical comments by JVG on steve in the press about his play are just something Rudy didn't used to do....... nothing really evil just an observation and comment thats all Dr Rob

maybe i should suggest JVG should get sharks with fricking lasers on their heads to help train the players

Dr Evil