1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Rumor Mill/Trade Talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Mar 7, 2021.

1. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

This is bad news for the Magic. Gordon isn't good enough to start whining about the team he's getting traded to. Orlando's better off maximizing a return, and if they're not getting much of an offer for him now, I'd hold on to him until the offseason and see if I could trade him in the offseason or even next year's trade deadline. There's no rush to get rid of him frankly.

2. Nook

Nook Member

I always take high school statistics with a grain of salt. He was consistently one of the the three top ranked players in his high school class because of his athleticism.

As for college, he was terrible at Duke. I haven't looked at the numbers in a couple years but I remember him shooting like 33-35% from the floor while taking entirely too many shots.

He is a solid free throw shooter so there is some hope he can change, but a lot of his problems are related to shot selection, fundamentals and that he seems to believe that he is a modern Carmelo Anthony and shoot whenever he wants.

He shoots too many difficult 3's and long 2's... defensively he free lances too often and he doesn't seem to understand that if he is shooting under 40% from the floor that he needs to pick his spots. He also was part of the issues between Young and Collins.

RudyTBag and NIKEstrad like this.
  3. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Cam Reddish I think fits a need. Maybe he can develop here. I think he is 20 years old.

Very Athletic. Small Forward.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Gordon wouldn’t have had fun here.

BHannes2BHonest and sirjesse like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

6. Boston84

Boston84 Member

as they should. It’s ridiculous a player like Gordon is trying to kill deals but this is where we are

joshuaao and Dacamel like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

Bogdan is a really poor fit. He eats up their salary as well... they want to move him while they can.

8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Never has in the past.

They were ready to risk it with Jimmy Butler and Dwight Howard.

Why stop now if the price is Oladipo and a FRP?

Worst case, you re-coup the FRP in a year.

RudyTBag and Nook like this.
  9. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I am glad Aaron Gordon is not being traded here. Aaron Gordon is 25 years old.

I think the Rockets must get even younger than 25. 20 - 22 year old on Rookie Contract should be the goal.

Aaron Gordon with James Harden would make sense but not with this team.

10. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

AG not wanting to come here drastically changes the offer from Houston’s side. We won’t give up as much for 2022 FA that would already have one foot out the door when he arrives.

D-rock and Astrodome like this.
  11. finsraider

finsraider Member

yeah. Which is why I think this could be coming from Houston. Gordon may have said he doesn’t want to come here behind the scenes, then Houston leaked it to lower Orlando’s price tag.

What started out as 1 pick from New York, Knox and 1 pick from Houston may now just be 1 pick from NY & Knox.

D-rock likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets sure as hell better not trade Oladipo for Reddish and Bogdanovich.

13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

lmfao.

Imagine having that contract Gordon and Wall long term.

I wanted him because I thought he was interesting next to James but man oh man.

If you're taking Bogdan you better get Collins attached at this point and even then, how you gonna pay him?

D-rock, Rudyc281 and Nook like this.
  14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You don’t know that. Gordon is a poor shooter and goes through heavy slumps. Right now is shooting a career high from the 3PT line inflating his numbers, but say his numbers drop to what he was averaging last year at 43/30/67, with the Rockets being a losing team, with him being unmotivated, expiring

we’d just essentially have another Dipo while losing a 1st for no reason

15. Nook

Nook Member

Here is an interesting hypothetical.....

The Hawks want Oladipo but do not want to trade any draft picks.

The Hawks also want to get rid of Brogdan to clear cap space.

Would you do a trade of Oladipo and Exum and Nwaba for......... Brogan, Reddish, Okongwu and Dunn.

The negatives are that the Rockets take on the long term contract of Brogdan and will have to try and rehabilitate him to move him. He is a solid player though and at worst would be a rotation piece. The Rockets also take on the extra year or Dunn's contract.

The positive for the Rockets is that they add the #10 pick from two years ago and the #6 pick from last year to their team and most likely the Rockets can move Brogdan down the line.

Dacamel, joshuaao, Deuce and 4 others like this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah I did miss that.

I deserve the abuse.

[​IMG]

Boston84 likes this.
  17. treyk3

treyk3 Member

That's fine.

I honestly don't care.

I'd prefer Aaron Gordon so we can make a man's dreams come true or Tyler Herro so we can break the internet but whatever happens, I really am not going to get too worked up over.

D-rock, joshuaao, RudyTBag and 2 others like this.
  18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'd take Bogdan for that Rockets' pupu platter alone. If you're telling me that they're going to give me Reddish too? Sign me up. Reddish is a project but Bogdan is legit.

Nook likes this.
  19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Gordon has no place here, its good we are not trading for him.

mac_got_this likes this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

yup...I find it funny that a player of his caliber is trying to make demands, but if that prevents him from coming here, then cool

I liked him next to Harden when we were trying to contend and make noise...he serves no purpose here with where we’re currently at