1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor Mill/Trade Talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Mar 7, 2021.

1. psaman17

psaman17 Member

I actually think he has the single best dunk contest ever. yes he better than Vinsanity imo.

Just absurd.

Bo6, BamBam, tmoney1101 and 5 others like this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dang for what they want you would think they are a top 4 seed with such a talented roster.

If they think all of these players are so valuable why the hell is that coach still there?

vator and Nook like this.
  3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

You better hope that Danny stops being stingy and does something. It's a bad look that the team has been looking promising the last couple of years only to take a huge step backwards.

D-rock likes this.
  4. xaos

xaos Member

One thing I think is worth adding in the Pro Gordon trade talk would be if Rockets and their fans believe Wood is a guy they'd like to keep in their future. If we continue to tank 2022+ it won't be long before Wood requests a trade.

It's not as critical as most of the other arguments being made by @D-rock @sydmill but it's a factor. Of course, if that's a variable in the mix that is a totally different argument (tank vs not, trading for players to keep Wood happy -- What could go wrong with that? Etc).

Maybe I missed that being discussed but I'm working and refreshing clutchfans :D

Bo6, sydmill, ashleyem and 2 others like this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

But you also did not want to give up much for Harden either so you might be a bit high on what you perceive the the talents of celtic players.

RudyTBag likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

And Porter may be more volatile than Wood.

Losing AND playing vets over young players is a bad combination that will become more and more toxic over time.

Bo6, joshuaao, xaos and 1 other person like this.
  7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'm positive that Rockets ownership cannot stomach tanking for an extended period. I'd be willing to bet that they want to start making moves to start winning again as soon as next year. We as fans can't lose sight that our ownership is short-sighted. It doesn't help that the owner's kid is very involved in the front office.

D-rock likes this.
  8. xaos

xaos Member

Hey man I wouldn't argue hard against it. He pulled out some insane dunks that requires skill, hops, airtime, coordination, etc.

For me, Vince just has the ideal dunk 'flare'. Jordan and Wilkins had that same 'flare'

9. xaos

xaos Member

Whether we get Gordon or not I strongly believe we won't be playing the vets much (Wall/Dipo) because of trade or knee scope. However Stone will need to get creative for Wall. Trading him now would be silly considering he is still a negative asset and we could just sit him out the remainder of the year to scope his knee or rehab

10. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

In Rafael Stone, we trust. Except for the Oladipo one. That one was stupid

saleem, Bo6, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  11. xaos

xaos Member

Very true

I have been very happy that we have tanked this season in order to optimize our odds for top 4 pick, but I doubt ownership can do a full blown rebuild -- which, accelerating a rebuild can work too considering our draft pick situation 2024+

D-rock, sydmill and ElPigto like this.
  12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

He also will be more "attractive" once this season is over as his potential new team won't have to pay the rest of his contract this year. I think the time to move him would be by trade deadline next year as he would only have half a season plus his player option for 2022-2023 left on the books. At that time, you can probably attach a smaller asset (heavily protect 1st?) instead of more assets this year in order to move him.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

We already have Wall, KPJ and DJ Augustin. Dinwiddie is better than DJ but there is no room at the inn even if he recovers.

D-rock likes this.
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Good luck with that Gordon.

AG just crushing @D-rock 's dreams :oops:

16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

"Hi I'm Aaron Gordon of the Houston Rockets, here to tell you why I like to eat at Saltgrass after the game"

"Whenever I want to unwind, I head to Galveston and relax at San Luis Resort and Spa!"

"Feeling hungry after ANOTHER Rockets victory? Well Rockets fans head over to Del Frisco's and get the Aaron Gordon Double Double. A 12oz sirloin with another 12oz sirloin on top."

17. TimDuncanDonaut

I wanted Aaron to win over Zack for that year.

Favorite all-star weekend: slam dunkers: Aaron Gordon, Vince Carter, Dwight Howard (Superman year / should have gotten it over Nate)

D-rock likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

It's this interim that will be very interesting, observing Rockets strategy for Wall and how to increase his value while at same time not alienating rest of team filled with young players.

xaos likes this.
  19. xaos

xaos Member

Exactly! Getting rid of him now just to get rid of him would be way way too short sighted since we would almost certainly have to give up a decent future asset - ex: Ryan Anderson + Melton. If a team wants to trade for him and give us something in return or even bite-size, more manageable contracts then sure.

We aren't paying luxury tax for a losing team as currently constructed. We could just sit him to rehab after he gets his knee scoped. I doubt we end up paying the final year of his salary, but we can do it while keeping valuable future assets.

saleem likes this.
  20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

How are we that much different than Orlando at this stage? I get why people can still have a tendency to think that given how great we’ve had it, but I wonder if we aren’t thinking of our team in it’s true state. I think the evidence is we are actually a rebuilding team that needs to find Chandler Parsons... not pay chandler Parsons.

psaman17 likes this.