1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor Mill/Trade Talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Mar 7, 2021.

1. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Highly recruited 7 footer, goes to UNLV, comes out after freshman season, and goes undrafted... sounds like a Christian Wood starter kit.

2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Alize Johnson is someone the Rockets like according to the KOC power rankings. He might be a Brandon Clarke type and he is playing now on ESPN2 for Raptors 905.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

I didn't hear about his rant. What'd he say?

4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

He just used a bunch of expletives over and over again. Thankfully it didn't go viral. I understood his frustration but I could see some people disapproving. .

Rudyc281, D-rock and topfive like this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

Do you have a link?

Rudyc281 and D-rock like this.
  6. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Cod! Glad to hear from you dude. Hope you are doing well! Have you heard anything about Ariza? He deserves to go to a contender

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Hope treatment is going well big dog! Always a treat to hear you chime in!

Any way John Wall gets moved?

Any glimpse into what Tilman and Co. see in KPJ?

8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I can't find it. I know someone posted it here but I can't find it.

Rudyc281 and HP3 like this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah, he is going to most likely get a decent contract. At least 7-8 teams have strong interest in him as a 4-5.

treyk3, DonKnock, Rudyc281 and 2 others like this.
  11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Great thing the Rockets haven’t used that MLE fully left. He looks special

12. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I’d love to see Brandon with Houston, but I’m not sure about the fit. He is a better natural athlete than Christian Wood, was a higher rated recruit, but I’m not sure he has as much dog in him. Wood is a grinder, he gives EVERYTHING he has to give. McCoy hasn’t done that yet. He’s also not as versatile as Christian Wood in terms of getting his shot off. Having said that, he’s a guy I would 100 percent take a chance on.

13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

You know Wood lost his place in the league because he did not give everything he had to give and thought his talent alone would carry him to success, right? He's said so himself in recent articles. You are describing Christian Wood before he grew up and became this version of Christian Wood. I'm not saying McCoy will figure it out. Quite frankly, most do not. But you're describing Christian Wood at the same stage.

topfive, joshuaao, UTSA2step and 3 others like this.
  14. JW86

JW86 Member

Give us your youth!!

15. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Absolutely. Different skill sets, and Brandon hasn’t reached that point yet, but he very well might.

UTSA2step, Rudyc281 and Williamson like this.
  16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I know nothing about this guy, but he seems to have relatively short arms for his height. Why did he go undrafted and nobody else seems to want to take a chance on him if he was so highly-recruited?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

He is more of a 5 than a hybrid like the league wants now. He’s not a great shooter. He’s not bad, and he can develop, but he’s not the outside threat that someone like Christian Wood is. He was a 5 star recruit coming out of high school, and he was always a one and done type, so I think there was probably some entitlement there. I’m not sure Brandon knew how hard professional basketball would really be because he was always able to rely on his size and athleticism when he was younger. He’s got a lot of talent. I’d totally take the guy on as a project, but he’s just not there yet.

mikol13 and Rudyc281 like this.
  18. edwardc

edwardc Member

Trade them all blow this thing all the way up at this point.

DonKnock, CVcrew, tycoonchip and 2 others like this.
  19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Anthony Lamb to a two way deal.

Either Patton or Jones is getting promoted or waived.

joshuaao, UTSA2step and Rudyc281 like this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

I remember him from HS where he was a top 5-12 player in his class. He went to one you of college, was very productive and decided that was it. He thought he would go in the lottery based on his production and physical attributes.

He did very poorly at interviews. He had a very basic understanding of spacing on the floor. He wasn’t proficient at reading defenses and had to work on his passing.

I’m not worried about his 7’2” wingspan. He has excellent shoulders and has a strong 9’2” standing reach. He is an exceptional rebounder and shot blocker and very mobile.

The question is whether his perimeter shot has improved, if he has learned what it takes as far as spacing and positioning and how hungry he is.

Deuce, DonKnock, joshuaao and 3 others like this.