1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor Mill/Trade Talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Is there a reason why some of you like Wiggins?

ewwwww

2. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

good tank commander. I'm all for acquiring bad contracts to get draft capital. In the case of Wiggins, he will have positive trade value as a 28-year old that can score and D up on an expiring deal.

rockets13champs likes this.
  3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Lob City titles = 0

4. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

The problem is just trading Wiggins doesn't get you cap room. Just Steph, Klay and Dray is enough to cap you out. I don't see why they'll offer anything good just to unload Wiggins.

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

That repeater tax is no joke, maybe for flexibility purposes.

I think we all agree that it is unlikely GSW provides anything of value for taking on Wiggins, but it's nice to dream about it.

6. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I think it's no joke for some ownership groups and absolutely nothing for other ownership groups. It kinda sucks that the wealth of an owner factors into team building strategy in a professional sports league but it is what it is I guess.

I'm totally cool with dreaming about it and I'd absolutely love for it to happen but I just caution us against become the toxic fans that go "Wot the GM couldn't execute the awesome unrealistic trade I came up myself? He sux fire him!". I think Oladipo can go to the Warriors but definelty not for the Wolves pick or Wisemann. Because 1. The Warriors don't get actual cap space and 2. Oladipo is barely better than Wiggins as is.

ElPigto likes this.
  7. vator

vator Contributing Member

Mitchell Wiggins? That’s all I got.

8. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Here’s a fun Wiggins trade.

Houston: James Wiseman, Andrew Wiggins, 2021 Minnesota FRP

Warriors: Christian Wood, Victor Oladipo, Danuel House, 2021 Houston SRP

If Warriors can convince Dipo to say, they’d have a starting lineup next year of Curry, Klay, Oladipo, Draymond, and Wood.

Rockets could potentially have two top 5 picks in this draft, along with Wiseman.

tmoney1101, csnerd84 and cmoak1982 like this.
  9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

biggest underachieving talent I’ve ever seen. Nope.

D-rock likes this.
  10. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Why do you want to trade CW?

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

It's actually a very deep draft.

raining threes likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Baby steps.

Let's get a win first and work our way up.

raining threes, DonKnock and BamBam like this.
  13. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Titles? We’re talking about titles??? I just wanna win a damn game.

14. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

It is an interesting trade proposal to recalibrate the timelime with KPJ. I think GS would have to really consider that proposal and may bite on it. I think the question is would we? At the least, I would strongly consider it.

15. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I love Andrew Wiggins just the one from enders game

Aruba77 and cmlmel77 like this.
  16. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I’m more of a Bean fan.

DonKnock, eliefor3 and cmlmel77 like this.
  17. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

That's actually interesting. Although it is a crapshoot whether Wiseman or two picks would ever be as good as Wood already is now.

raining threes, eliefor3 and D-rock like this.
  18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Even if they get out of a 20/30M contract this sumer they won't have a max slot or anything close to that, pretty sure. Curry gets around 40M, Klay 30 or 35M, Green 20/25 if i rememer well, those three alone pretty much eat all their cap room so, regardless of Wiggins contract, if they want to upgrade they'd have to do it via trade.

What's interesting to me is to know who they want to trade for an upgrade, but i guees it depends on the team they're talking to, cause for a guy like Dipo they could just trade Oubre since he's a 16M expiring, especially if they think he's not resigning there, that would also give them the chance to keep the Wiggins contract to use in the future for a Beal trade or whatever they're dreaming about. I'd imagine that would also impact what the other team gets back cause there's no way someone takes back Wiggins while giving up a quality player like Dipo, just for their 1st rounder (which isn't a bad pick btw).

My guess is they'll try everything to get a top player like Beal, if that's not available they might turn their attention to a guy like Dipo and offer expiring contracts and their 1st, which would be a good value for us imo, you get a 15/20 pick in a good draft and a guy like Oubre to immediately flip for another asset.

luckyman76 likes this.
  19. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Why would you want to trade Sampson? Sure, Wood is not bringing Jordan and Drexler to suit up with Dream, but you at least have to look at it.

20. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Wood is the only player not being traded by the Rockets. He’s the only untouchable player on the roster. Would love to snag Wiseman but I don’t see that happening unless the Warriors want to trade for Dipo.