1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor Mill/Trade Talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Naw just PJ doing harden things

2. riko

riko Member

So Tucker has quit? lol

raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.
  3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i will always respect pj for the maximum effort he has given, but I am so freaking tired of players who think they are entitled. These guys get paid so much money. Stop pouting. The rockets have done right by their players. Have a little faith; shut up and play.

studogg, saleem, True Rocket and 6 others like this.
  4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

In his mind only he and his 4 pts and 2 rebs deserve max money

5. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I agree, people say the money doesn't matter, x player loves the game and wants to compete. Then x player hits free agency and signs with the Kings or Cavs. PJ wants to get paid and be on a contender, just like Harden. Iguadola showed everyone if you just refuse to play, you will still get paid and traded to a Finals bound team. If every player demanded the money and a chance at a ring, there would be no league. This is the biggest problem in the NBA right now.

Contenders are all lowering their bids right now in hopes of a buyout for PJ. Does it really matter if a player is traded in Feb. or March? To quote Harden in his weak apology to Houston, "I'm happy how things turned out". I hope he goes to the Jazz so I can dislike him more.

Aruba77, Rockets4Life13 and D-rock like this.
  6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

What?? PJ ain't no Harden!! GTFOH Sucker!!!!

raining threes likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

8. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

So who are the more "realistic" young guys Tucker could net us?

Based on the rumors, Nets, Bucks, Heat, Lakers and maybe the 6ers

Nets have Shamet and Claxton.

Lakers have THT.. Kuzma? (Maybe?)

Bucks have DJ Wilson..

Heat have KZ Okpala

6ers have Maxey and Thybulle

My ranking from who I'd want on this team 1 being the who I'd like most..

1. Claxton
    2. Maxey
    3. Okpala - tied
    3. Thybulle - tied
    5. THT

Could PJ ALONE net any of these guys?

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

we need to be okay with picks too at this point. Contending teams don’t want to give up good players for other good players. Just get it done and move on. Screw sticking points. Just keep accumulating assets. Picks should be fine.

sydmill, Plowman and groovemachine like this.
  10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No. At his peak, yes. I doubt if Houston can get more than a mid second round pick for him right now.

groovemachine likes this.
  11. riko

riko Member

Claxton nope.That kid has borderline defensive star potential . Nets love him

Maxey? The same guy that probably cost the 76ers harden because Morey said we are not trading him?

D-rock, vator and saleem like this.
  12. foggy94

foggy94 Member

I think lower your expectations unless a bidding war does break out . I’d be happy with Ty-Shon Alexander from Phoenix, Miye Oni from Utah. Those types of players.

joshuaao and treyk3 like this.
  13. csc177

csc177 Member

Now we’re stuck with EG - damn it!

vator and Aruba77 like this.
  14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I've said, nobody will want to give up much for a 36 y/o player that gets you 4 points and 4 rebounds in 30 plus minutes as a starter.
    They will bring him off the bench and get about 16 minutes of 2 points and 2 rebounds. No one fears him going to the competition.

And to top it off, a young player for a rental who leaves them 2 or 3 months. The quality back will be Kurucs type not Kuzma.

Only CF's have Tucker as Karl Malone, not the rest of the league.......oh and Tucker himself.

johnnydeezy1 likes this.
  15. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I agree we are unlikely to get much from a trade at this point, but I think you are underselling his value to a contending team that already has the big guns in place. Once motivated, he can still be a top notch defender and hustle guy, and his corner shooting would be valuable to a team where he would actually be left open due to double teams.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

KZ Okpala or Paul Reed please. I’d love Precious in an expanded deal though. As I've atoned to, Thybulle just isn't happening. His steal % is historic, Philly would be insane to dump him in a PJ deal.

joshuaao and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  17. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Would love Okpala, Precious too of course. The first is realistic, second isn’t imo

CHAMPBOY and treyk3 like this.
  18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

The second would require the Rockets to take on Leonard for an immediate waive. I think Meyers being an open moron has made the Precious situation realistic.

Leonard and Precious for PJ and House.

I'm honestly not sure the Rockets would do that.

Bradley or Harkless + KZ Okpala for PJ is my #1 choice. I love KZ as the back up 5 when Christian returns. I think I've had enough of Patton.

joshuaao likes this.
  19. foggy94

foggy94 Member

I don’t see why Miami is giving up assets to get off Meyers. They signed him to a bloated contract with the sole purpose of using his salary for trades. They knew upfront they were paying for someone who wouldn’t play all that much and they can keep him away from the team. To be honest, a team such as ourselves might take him for trade salary purposes anyway and do the same:

treyk3 likes this.
  20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Yea I kind of saw him as a human trade exception before the twitch stuff. I kind of saw him + Herro or Precious as the package for Oladipo.

Imagine that PR release on Rockets letterhead. That's a lot of bad publicity for a guy who will probably never suit up.

You saw what Nate Jones said about PJ when the team did nothing wrong and you saw how they acted about Melo when no one else would take him. The talking heads love to vilify this team for some reason and Tilman can't afford this brand to keep taking hits. That's why they use MacMahon as a mutually beneficial partner. A national guy who they give information but he puts out some stuff for them that maybe takes their side a little. I'm guessing we see a quick trade either today or tomorrow with the Mason Jones news coming out and then all parties can move on.