1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor Mill/Trade Talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Mar 7, 2021.

1. riko

riko Member

Tucker given his age and how bad he has looked this season is not going to get you a first round pick. He isn’t going to get you a young stud either.Now if you want to believe he will then you are settling yourself up for a disappointment

Dacamel and coachbadlee like this.
  2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I know but a second round pick should be the very worst case scenario in the end. Bol Bol or Okpala are not young "studs" thankfully. I have realistic expectations. I want guys who could potentially shine if they get into a rotation for PJ and don't expect someone actually getting big minutes as is. Teams will want to supplement their rotation with PJ and not sub him in for someone .

3. riko

riko Member

If the Sixers offer Second, Thybulle you do it. If the lakers offer Horton Tucker and Wes Matthews you do it. Not sure what the bucks are offering ?

4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Now this is more like it.

I don't see Thybulle or THT as realistic but those are exactly the type of trades that you jump on it.

Grizzlyshark likes this.
  5. riko

riko Member

Those are the best case scenarios that are unlikely. Pretty much pipe dreams. Realistically if you get a second rounder and a serviceable player then that’s a deal

Dacamel, Boston84 and treyk3 like this.
  6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I agree, I'm much more interested in a player out of the rotation than a late SRP though. You never know what happens when a player who isn't getting playtime finally breaks free. We saw it with Covington, Wood and even House here.

7. foggy94

foggy94 Member

How about Thybulle and a first? ;)

D-rock, Deuce and treyk3 like this.
  8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

:D

Listen to Bill Simmons talk now. Even he is only pining for Harrison Barnes. This season has broken my fake trade hopes. Hopefully the next two weeks brings back some value.

Boston84 and DaDa like this.
  9. foggy94

foggy94 Member

[​IMG]

Grizzlyshark, Deuce and treyk3 like this.
  10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Fair enough.

It really does suck that he's become such a polarizing figure because back in the day he was so close with Morey and was just purely fun to listen to. I don't listen to him as often as I once did because Ryen Russilo is awful but I do like to listen to him and Lowe.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

IMO our starting lineup needs 3 players in the near future who can get you 18+ points a game. We already have 2 in KPJ and Wood. Ideally you want to add a SF (MPJ) or tweener SF/PF (John Collins) to that mix.

Grizzlyshark and oloboloz like this.
  12. riko

riko Member

Simmons on Zach Lowe’s podcast mentioned Oladipo has no value and can be had for virtually nothing.

13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

The one this week?

They both agreed that RJ Hampton and Gary Harris for Oladipo is something Denver should try to make happen. If the Rockets could get RJ Hampton in an Oladipo trade I'd be ecstatic. I have him rated similarly to Herro and there are 2 benefits to RJ over Herro. 1. He's under team control for an extra year 2. He has a positive wingspan. Those are two things that you cannot improve upon. Herro can learn to move off ball better to get space and teams can mask his lack of length on defense but he will always have that short wingspan (6-3) RJ probably is a better fit with KPJ in the long run.

joshuaao and foggy94 like this.
  14. riko

riko Member

Yesterday’s.

15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Yea I didn't hear them say he had no value, I heard them only talk about a trade to Denver being something they could see but that it's maybe hard to find a good suitor in their trade minds. They didn't even mention Miami. Everyone is circling Miami as the only team he'll play for but neither of them even mentioned it.

Worst case scenario from Miami is probably a pick swap, salary to match and Achiuwa. I think Oladipo is either traded for Herro or the Rockets hold onto him until next year and either sign him or trade him to Miami then in a SNT.

joshuaao and Boston84 like this.
  16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

You can have
    You can have MPj. And an FRP.

IF

Nugs want to dump out of Barton/Harris
    Like Tuck (as much as reported)
    Like Dipo
    Believe they can recoup in an SnT this summer with Riles.

Not too many IFs, but...

coachbadlee likes this.
  17. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

From the Athletic 7 min ago

Will Victor Oladipo be on the move (again)?
    By the time the deadline comes and goes, I wouldn’t be surprised if Houston’s Victor Oladipo was the biggest name to be on the move. Per ESPN, Oladipo — who will be a free agent this offseason — turned down a two-year, $45.2 million extension offer from the Rockets after he was part of the aforementioned Harden deal.

Some rival executives saw this as a tone-setting kind of gesture for future negotiations, a way for the Rockets to make it clear that they want Oladipo to stick around — even though they didn’t expect him to accept the offer. Oladipo discussed this dynamic recently.

And yes, that does make some sense. But Oladipo will have no shortage of suitors in the offseason, with rival executives citing Miami, New York and Golden State as possibilities, to name a few. Add in that the Rockets have lost 13 consecutive games (seven of them with Oladipo on the court), and it’s not the kind of stretch that is likely to inspire a desire on either side to keep this pairing going. If first-year Rockets general manager Rafael Stone is going to avoid losing Oladipo for nothing, the time to make a move is nearing.

18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Do you have connections to the team now? I've noticed some of your posts seem to indicate you might.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

IF nothing else, I expect Anthony Lamb to fill that role as early as next season.

20. riko

riko Member

This might be the best course of action. Hope he plays better with Wood and then do a sign and trade in the offseason and the next team will have his bird rights

Right now he has no value of note